Unexplained , Unfinished and Mysterious content in NV.

TheSilent12

First time out of the vault
Ok we all know that Fallout 3 and NV are full of strange stuff.I've been in the hunt of getting all from this game and i encountered some really strange finds.I would really want to hear your thoughts on this.

1.We all heard of Ulysses and we all know that he will probably be in a future DLC.I think that the location ''Canyon Wreckage'' is the location where you have to go and probably will enter a new map where Ulysess will be there.

2.Probably will be in a DLC too , the Northern Passage , you see a tunnel covered up with rocks , if you use the TCL code you can enter the tunnel however at the end you can't get on the other side so you need to return back.

3.The signs ''the Burning Man Lives'' as we already know are referring to the upcoming DLC Honest Hearts.

4.These weird whispers near the graves , when near a grave you can hear whispers in the background , best area to hear them is the Goodsprings Cemetery , and these weird growling sounds.

5.The marked Graves.The Goodsprings Cemetery is the only one (except Chance's grave) where there are some marked graves.Here are the signs:
Sara ''The Bear'' Friedman
Here Lies Verl
Jay Penzal
Mr. D. DeCollibus
Count Abraham Jefferson XII
Whiskey Snakesur
RIP Mr. R. Horn
RIP Fearless Dave
Owen Perry

6.Wrecked Highwayman.Who is ''The Chosen One''

7.That crazy Nightkin at ''Tumbleweed farm'' and why he turns hostile after some conversations.

8.That House North Of Freeside , near ''Carlyle St.Clair's House'' there is a abandoned house with lot of crops inside , the entrance doors are locked and the signs are read as if i am trespassing , who's house is that?

9.The Blind Deatchclaw , what is so special about him and are there more of him?

10.Love that planetarium at the REPCONN HQ , plays strange music when i enter it though

11.Tomas and Jacklyn , it is clear that Jacklyn is after Tomas' sarsaparilla's star bottle caps.I wonder why does she need them and why when i talk to her shes turns hostile and says , ''Unfortunate , i can't leave any witnesses'' like she is after something big.

12.Smith Mesa Prospector Camp , there is a dog there all alone i wonder where is its owner , did he dies somewhere?

13.Missing Info about Daniel Wayands - at PRIMM there is a dead NPC named Daniel Wayands and Wiki doesn't have info about him , who is he???

Explanation - Daniel Wayand does have a wiki info but because of the mistaken name i couldn't find it. In the game he's name is spelled ''Daniel Wayand'' but in wiki its ''Daniel Wyand''

14.Lake Mead Monster , mr.New Vegas sometimes mentions sightings about a monster in Lake Mead , this happens after completing ''Volare!''

15.Victor missing in action when ''Ghost Town Gun Fight'' Victor heals you once and then vanishes , when asked about it he says that he was remotely command to stop.Nothing like this ever happened to him. (thanks to Courier)

Possible Explanation - According to the older folks in Goodsprings , Victor has been around the town before mr.House's Securitrons to rule New Vegas.Victor's memory has been wiped by mr.House (to take control of him) which may be the reason why he didn't had any info about the disabling command which occurred during the ''Ghost Town Gunfight''.The folks says that Victor had an owner who lived in a shack with a old world flag which means that Victor's owner might be Ulysess himself.This theory explains why was Victor missing in action , since Ulysess might still have some sort of control over Victor and he hates Courier 6 for unknown reasons he might be the one who disabled the Securitron.
Like Victor said he was remotely disabled from a unknown location which may refer to a location outside of the Mojave.

screenshot6yf.png

These are the ones i can think of right now , i will post more when i think of.
I would love reading your thoughts as also your finds and weird experience.

You missed the mystery that's been bothering me most. During the quest 'Ghost town Gunfight' you can ask Victor to aid you in the fight against the Powder Gangers, then he never shows up. When asked about this he says that he was stopped from helping you from a remote location and that nothing like that had ever happened to him before. It's assumed that Mr. House controls Victor for the most part, but House wouldn't stop Victor from helping someone who is still useful to him and Victor does come to your rescue later if you need help on the way to Primm.

Could it have been Ulysses trying to get you killed? Did he find some kind of technology during his visit to the Big Empty that let him stop Victor from helping you in the hopes that you'd get finished off by the Powder Gangers?

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Chosen One is the player character from Fallout 2. The Highwayman is probably just an Easter Egg but I'm still hoping that the Chosen One will play a role in a future DLC.

Oh, and it's pretty obvious why Jacklyn was willing to kill for the Star bottle caps. People are obsessed getting enough bottle caps to unlock the "Treasure".

Courier said:
You missed the mystery that's been bothering me most. During the quest 'Ghost town Gunfight' you can ask Victor to aid you in the fight against the Powder Gangers, then he never shows up. When asked about this he says that he was stopped from helping you from a remote location and that nothing like that had ever happened to him before. It's assumed that Mr. House controls Victor for the most part, but House wouldn't stop Victor from helping someone who is still useful to him and Victor does come to your rescue later if you need help on the way to Primm.

Never thought of that cause i didn't need he's help , anyway you have a point there , i will see if can ask him that in the game.

EDIT: Just know as i was on my way to talk to Victor , Mr.New Vegas mentions on the radio sightings of a Lake Mead Monster.Now on Wiki it says that this happens after you finish ''Volare!'' quest which means that it can be mistaken identity of the plane that you bring up the surface.

Also it appears that i can't ask Victor about the ''Ghost Town Gun Fight'' situation since i'm too far in the game and i can tell him is ''Thank you Victor'' and ''I'm Not Ready To See Mr.House''

Ohh and another one , who is Daniel Wayand , and why is there no info about him in Wiki???

I will post these two finds at the first post as 13 , 14 and 15.

You don't get the dialogue option unless you asked him for help during the quest. You can ask him why he didn't show up to the fight and he'll say something like he was shutdown from a remote location or something like that. This means that someone else likely has control of Victor other than Mr. House.

Edit: It would have to be pretty advanced technology as Mr. House never says anything about it and apparently didn't notice that someone had been able to take control of one of his securitrons. That's why I'm speculating that it might have been Ulysses using some tech from his trip to the Big Empty.

TheSilent12 said:
Ohh and another one , who is Daniel Wayand , and why is there no info about him in Wiki???

Was he the dead courier outside Mojave Express? I always just assumed that he had gone back to Primm to collect his money for delivering the package and got killed by the escaped convicts.

Blind deathclaws are just weaker version of regular deathclaws. There's nothing special about them other than that they (presumably) have a PER of 1.

I'd presume that having victor not risk his neck for you is because either A) House did not feel like risking Victor in combat, B) House wanted to 'test' you, or c [spoiler:533eb757ce]Benny somehow got word to Yes-man to disable victor or Yes-man did it of his own volition, or perhaps following orders Benny left behind. [/spoiler:533eb757ce] Spoilered to be nice, and because you might not be that far yet? So click at your own risk, cause I don't think you are there/been there.

Strange music in the planetarium is probably there to be strange and a planetarium.

The growling sounds in the goodsprings cemetary are probably actual things growling. If you walk down the hill via the broken fence you'll find a lot of actual things. Some growl and or make strange sounds. And then try to kill you.

Daniel does have a wiki entry. Blind Deathclaws would be a reference to the most popular way of killing a deathclaw in Fallout, aim for the eyes. Marked graves are an rpg staple, usually just an attempt at humour or a shout out to someone in particular.

Wintermind said:
Blind deathclaws are just weaker version of regular deathclaws. There's nothing special about them other than that they (presumably) have a PER of 1.

On a contrary, they have higher Perception than regular ones.

11.Tomas and Jacklyn , it is clear that Jacklyn is after Tomas' sarsaparilla's star bottle caps.I wonder why does she need them and why when i talk to her shes turns hostile and says , ''Unfortunate , i can't leave any witnesses'' like she is after something big.

No its just an obsession with a myth about the bottle caps, which is that once you have enough caps, you will gain a amazing treasure. It is in reality a kids competition and the 'treasure' is a bunch of deputy badges. Why people are after is also explained in the quest legend of the Blue Star.

14.Lake Mead Monster , mr.New Vegas sometimes mentions sightings about a monster in Lake Mead , this happens after completing ''Volare!''

Its probably the bomber you raised out of the lake, and some people mistook it for a monster.

15.Victor missing in action when ''Ghost Town Gun Fight'' Victor heals you once and then vanishes , when asked about it he says that he was remotely command to stop.Nothing like this ever happened to him. (thanks to Courier)

Mr. House says that Victor didn't come in and save you by killing Benny and the two Khans because he was no match for them. He wouldn't do very good either against six convicts with guns and dynamite, so I guess it was Mister House who shut him down to avoid Victor being destroyed.

Wintermind said:
I'd presume that having victor not risk his neck for you is because either A) House did not feel like risking Victor in combat, B) House wanted to 'test' you, or c [spoiler:31a56fe0d5]Benny somehow got word to Yes-man to disable victor or Yes-man did it of his own volition, or perhaps following orders Benny left behind. [/spoiler:31a56fe0d5] Spoilered to be nice, and because you might not be that far yet? So click at your own risk, cause I don't think you are there/been there.

House apparently wouldn't mind risking Victor in combat against a couple of thugs as Victor is an AI that can be distributed on all securitrons and if he was testing you he'd probably mention it when you met him. House is too logical to let someone who's still useful to him be put in danger.

[spoiler:31a56fe0d5]It couldn't have been Benny or Yes Man because at that point Benny thought you were dead and I don't know if Yes Man would be able to hack Victor without House realizing.[/spoiler:31a56fe0d5]

Courier said:
Edit: Oh yeah, and the Chosen One is the player character from Fallout 2. The Highwayman is probably just an Easter Egg but I'm still hoping that the Chosen One will play a role in a future DLC.

Boy, I hope (s)he does not. :|

White Knight said:
Mr. House says that Victor didn't come in and save you by killing Benny and the two Khans because he was no match for them. He wouldn't do very good either against six convicts with guns and dynamite, so I guess it was Mister House who shut him down to avoid Victor being destroyed.

He wouldn't have been alone fighting them though and it would be pretty evenly matched. Since Victor is an AI that can be used on any Securitron it's likely that the reason House didn't tell him to attack Benny and the Khans wasn't from fear of losing Victor, but rather because since he was the only Securitron for miles around if he had been damaged or destroyed it would take too long for the new Victor to come to your rescue. Plus, he'd been remotely deactivated and that it was a command he'd never seen before. If House was able to stop him from fighting Benny and the Khans once, then why would he have to use a new command that deactivated him to keep him from fighting the Gangers?

Surf Solar said:
[quote="Courier"

Not physically, I'm just hoping that (s)he will be mentioned or that her/his past travels in the Mojave will have an influence on the plot. Kind of like how Ulysses is now, not actually in the game but still influences things.[/quote]

Ah yes, that's better. If it would be a physically appearance though, it is only bound to fail, imo. Some background infos/small tidbits would be nice though! :)

Courier said:
Surf Solar said:
[quote="Courier"

Not physically, I'm just hoping that (s)he will be mentioned or that her/his past travels in the Mojave will have an influence on the plot. Kind of like how Ulysses is now, not actually in the game but still influences things.
[/quote]

It already is, in a vendor on that town north of Vegas with the Super Mutant and the whore house. He talks of a guy causing a riot then creating Arroyo.

My thoughts in red

TheSilent12 said:
2.Probably will be in a DLC too , the Northern Passage , you see a tunnel covered up with rocks , if you use the TCL code you can enter the tunnel however at the end you can't get on the other side so you need to return back.
I thought the same thing - it's too strange to have a location like that with no purpose

7.That crazy Nightkin at ''Tumbleweed farm'' and why he turns hostile after some conversations.
he attacks you after a certain amount of time, even if you do nothing. Or if you keep talking to him after getting a stealth boy from him.

8.That House North Of Freeside , near ''Carlyle St.Clair's House'' there is a abandoned house with lot of crops inside , the entrance doors are locked and the signs are read as if i am trespassing , who's house is that?
This place was very strange to me too. must be the fiends nearby, attempting some type of rudimentary farming

9.The Blind Deatchclaw , what is so special about him and are there more of him?
there are more than one, not very common. I am not sure why they are blind. requiem_for_a_starfury said that they are a reference to the most popular way of killing a deathclaw in Fallout, aim for the eyes... but I thought that using a dart gun and crippling their legs was the most popular way of killing them -- so crippled deathclaws would make more sense to me, lol.

10.Love that planetarium at the REPCONN HQ , plays strange music when i enter it though
one of my favorite spots in the game!

like a few other people, she is just after the prize. If you have star caps, she will try to kill you.

12.Smith Mesa Prospector Camp , there is a dog there all alone i wonder where is its owner , did he dies somewhere?
There is a mine nearby, umm north searchlight gold mine - or something like that. Mostly full of feral NCR ghouls, but also one dead prospector.

And the biggest mystery of all... Where the heck can I get a Shishkebab!!!!

"Witnesses report a huge object or a creature surfacing in Lake Mead. So far, photos of the so-called Lake Mead Monster are grainy and under exposed."

I think it's a reference to this picture.

lochnessurgeon.jpg

Back