Fallout 2 mod Unofficial Fo2 patch thread - problems, reports, suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Per, Aug 15, 2007.

1. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Where'd you get sfall 3.7b, is that what GOG ships now?

This isn't a correct place to ask these questions, yes. This thread is about killap's patch. Sfall's thread is here, and HRP one is pinned.

2. El Rizzo

El Rizzo First time out of the vault

Jul 17, 2016
    Well I was asking in this thread because I wanted to know if the unofficial patch would still work without sfall or if it is a fixed requirement ;)

GOG ships with version 3.1 of sfall, I downloaded the latest one from the official sfall page and adjusted the settings to fit the ones from the unofficial patch (which ships with sfall 3.3). But I tested with just the base game (1.2 patch) and the sfall files from the unofficial patch and the bad performance was the same in all 3 scenarios.

3. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Well, technically sfall is NOT required if you running just the Killaps unofficial patch WITHOUT any other mods BESIDES HiRes patch. BUT you would miss out on the bunch of engine fixes and convenience tweaks. The patch itself would still function normally, just with vanilla 1.02d engine.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. El Rizzo

Jul 17, 2016
    Okay so that would be my last resort since I'm not using anything besides the unofficial and Hi-Res patch, but of course, as you say it would be beneficial to have sfalll installed. I guess I'll move my question over to the sfall thread since it seems that sfall is causing the performance issues, thank you for your help nonetheless ! :)

5. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    AFAIK unless you're using sfall's graphics stuff or setting ProcessorIdle to some extremely high value, sfall itself shouldn't have much impact on game performance.
    Judging from your ddraw.ini, I'd suggest to try setting GPUBlt=0 since it's the only setting that doesn't get enabled by default in UP and sfall package.
    Or tweaking HRP settings like running the game in the windowed mode or something, personally I don't use 32bit color mode since it's rather pointless.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. El Rizzo

Jul 17, 2016
    Switching GPUBlt= to 0 did it ! :) I'm pretty sure I tested with 0 before but apparently I did not ? Anyhow, it runs smooth now with sfall, UP and HRP running, so thank you very much everyone for helping me with this issue !

7. Kaiketsu

Kaiketsu First time out of the vault

Aug 16, 2013
    A rather obscure bug I found:

If you get teleported after a quest and there's a forced dialogue that starts right after you get back, you will get screwed if that event happens the same time Hakunin's Dream is supposed to. You will get Hakunin's image with the forced dialogue options on it, and the game will crash afterwards.

8. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
    Hi everyone! Long time no see.

Am I understanding well that Killap is retired? And that there are still bugs to be fixed (still! after all this killap's work) in Fallout 2?

I can barely recognize anyone in the forum, lol. :D

9. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    No, he didn't say he's retired.

10. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    He even said he "will" do one more update of the RP. If that actually happens though... :shrug:

11. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    1 - Hi SorgFall, welcome back.

2 - Killap said a few time he'd come back to fix things but nothing happened.

3 - Yes, there are A LOT to be fixed after all his work/work from several others like Darek, Pixote, etc, etc http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Restoration_Project_bug_reports

4 - Yes, several new ppl here but i still defend that accounts where ppl didnt log in 30 days to be deleted, a lot of those new ppl that you see who come only to solve a doubt and then disappear would be erased and the forum would be cleaner, also, the familiar faces would be more evident. ;)

12. Darek

Jan 7, 2008
    I understand where you are coming from, but for me at least it would be a terrible thing. I don't post every 30 days so my account would be gone, as would most people from the modding forum I'm sure. What about all the helpful posts that would be gone? Then people can no longer search for fixes to their problems. I for one have gone back to my old posts to check for solutions several times. I can't remember everything in my head you know. ;)
    It's also not feasible to go through all the posts and accounts and only vet out the "bad" ones. So while a cleaner forum might seem nice, in reality it's neither a good nor practical idea.

13. BigDuke66

BigDuke66 First time out of the vault

Feb 8, 2005
    Total silly idea, just a lot work with no gain.
    And you lose people that contribute, that's not something this series can allow itself to happen.
    If you want it cleaner you can separate threads, one for problems, one for reports and one for suggestions.
    Less work and much better effect without pissing people off.

14. Darek

Jan 7, 2008
    @killap, this bug report was posted in another thread, think it deserves a look.
    You can get back into Vault City by talking to Skeeve, provided he is outside of the gates.
    The devs didn't bother moving him back after the "cut-scene" as they figured it would be taken care of in the map_enter section of his script. Problem is that only resets him if you first enter the map at night time and then come back to it at day time.

I propose to add "move_to(self_obj, 29704, 0);" and "anim(self_obj, 1000, 2);" in Skeeve's procedure timed_event_p_proc to make it work better. Something like this should do it:

Code:
    if (Cut_Scene_State == 10) then begin
       game_ui_enable;
       Cut_Scene_State := 0;
       Allow_Floats := 1;
       set_global_var(584, 1);
       move_to(self_obj, 29704, 0);
       anim(self_obj, 1000, 2);
       load_map(30, 0);
    end

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Madae

Madae First time out of the vault

Aug 12, 2007
    @Darek

Thanks for the info the other thread. This I don't think is correct, though. For a dumb character, talking to Dumont, from what I remember, only had two responses, "Geck" and something else, which may have just been good bye. Geck just makes Dumont make a quip about "not being sick". He didn't mention anything about a job for Tandi, but maybe he only does this first time you talk to him... I can't remember what it started out as, and I have since finished this game.

16. Darek

Jan 7, 2008
    We are probably both correct. Talk to Sheriff Dumont and ask about Vault 13, then about Vault 15, and finally about Tandi, and you will be able to go to a work interview with the president. However, if you already know the location of Vault 13 you will not get the option to ask about it, and therefore won't be able to talk to Gunther about the job.
    Not sure I would categorize it as a bug, but more like questionable game design. Probably more a case of knowing the ins and outs of the game to be able to do as much as possible than something that needs to be fixed, in my opinion.

17. Darek

Jan 7, 2008
    When a dumb character talks to doc Jubilee about vault 13 and then ask about "Mother Lode?", you are prematurely thrown out of dialog. It's because node011 leads to a node without any dumb dialog available (node013).
    Just need to add two dumb dialog lines like this:
    Code:
    procedure Node013
    begin
       gsay_reply(463, 149);
       giq_option(4, 463, 150, Node008, 50);
       giq_option(4, 463, 151, Node999, 50);
       giq_option(-3, 463, 147, Node008, 50);
       giq_option(-3, 463, 120, Node999, 50);
    end

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
    Uhm, is n. 4 a joke on my part? :D

19. mutantmasa

mutantmasa First time out of the vault

Mar 3, 2017
    Megamod 2.46:

Can't find Rebeccas book in Den. Can't complete quest.

20. mutantmasa

mutantmasa First time out of the vault

Mar 3, 2017
    Bump