Fallout 2 mod Unofficial Fo2 patch thread - problems, reports, suggestions

Glovz said:
@Maxrunner
"Restoration" not "Resolution"

There a patch to upper the resolution of the game. dont know whats that have to do with the restoration unless of course killap restoration patch comes with this.

There are too many projects currently at version 1.2. Some of them will have to hurry onwards to 1.3 or skip directly to 1.6 or 3.02f or something.

Even though it's been reported at least half a dozen times that I've found by searching on the forum, it seems that the broken forcefield emitters in the Sierra Army Depot on level 4 haven't been fixed in the most up to date version (May 31st, 2008). Stuck without explosives in a nearly complete game is annoying.

The emitters will work once for disabling, after that, you can't get around them except for explosives because they give the message "You can not repair that." when you attempt to repair the forcefield emitter again.

edit: bonus, the inventory editor by Borg that was released 7 years back can accurately parse the savegame and show your entire inventory but ends up going "OH NO CORRUPTED" and refuses to allow you to edit it.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for finally releasing this 1.2 version and thank you for making all this new stuff possible!

However, I'm a bit confused now: what exactly is the difference between the Unofficial Fallout 2 version and the Restoration Project? Do I install the Restoration Project over the Unofficial Fallout 2 version?

Any help is appreciated!

The other one simpy fixes all bugs in Fallout 2 and the Restoration Project does the same AND adds new content that was supposed to be in the game. And no. You do not install both, just other one of them.

GanymeDes- said:
The other one simpy fixes all bugs in Fallout 2 and the Restoration Project does the same AND adds new content that was supposed to be in the game. And no. You do not install both, just other one of them.

Thank you. I guess I'll try the FO2 first, and then the restoration project =)

I've just installed the Restoration Project and now pretty much 99% of the time everyone's attacks are "hit for no damage". I've tried changing the damage formula to 0,1, and 2. None of them did anything. Can someone help? I can't play this game :(

thanks.

dopexfly said:
I've just installed the Restoration Project and now pretty much 99% of the time everyone's attacks are "hit for no damage". I've tried changing the damage formula to 0,1, and 2. None of them did anything. Can someone help? I can't play this game :(

thanks.
I will move this discussion once we get to the bottom of this.

First, more information regarding your setup is always nice. Do you have other mods installed besides the the RP? Though I assume you are changing the correct thing, check below to make sure you in fact are.

Code:
;Choose the damage formula used to calculate combat damage
;0 - Fallout default
;1 - Glovz's AP ammo mod
;2 - Glovz's tweaked version of the original formula
DamageFormula=1 <------THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO CHANGE

Changing DamageFormula to 0 will revert to the default fallout 2 formula. So the fact that changing this to 0 does nothing, doesn't make any sense to me.

I fixed it, I guess it didn't take effect because I was still playing Fallout. ><

I had a question though.

I keep getting an application error randomly when I play. It closes fallout and the application error box. Is there anyway to fix it? Thanks.

Ee, sorry for the wrong section post lol.

Edit- Also, I searched it up around here and saw that you said to run it in compatibility mode. I tried that, but the patch eliminates the need for compatibility mode? Just throwing that out there if it helps.

It gets annoying when critters run off the screen in mountain encounters; it seems to happen on the 'farm' map the most. Is it possible to let the screen scroll farther, or put some kind of blocker in to keep the critters on-screen?

Hi everyone, I'm new, to both modding and the forum. Don't be too rough on me. >.> That said, I hope I'm posting on the right place, and sorry ahead of time for the long post.

Anyway, I felt like revisiting F2 suddenly for unknown reasons to myself, and I wanted to make it play in windowed mode. Long story short I was able to figure that out for myself using timeslip's sfall mod. I would have signed up earlier but for some reason the board doesn't allow people to register using hotmail or yahoo accounts. I messaged an admin about it but I guess they didn't get it.

That's not why I'm posting here though! I'm not a fan of the blue jump suit that the character gets after the temple of trials, and I noticed timeslip included something in his mod to let you change the default [unarmored I guess?] avatar. So I try that, figuring I'd rather keep my tribal avatar instead. Here's the line of code it says and what I changed it to.

Code:
;To change the default and starting player models, uncomment the next four lines.
;The default models can also be changed ingame via script. Male originals are hmwarr and hmjmps. Female originals are hfprim and hfjmps
;MaleStartModel= hmwarr
;MaleDefaultModel= hmwarr
;FemaleStartModel= hfprim
;FemaleDefaultModel= hfprim

I added the "Male originals are hmwarr and hmjmps. Female originals are hfprim and hfjmps" part so I could keep the original settings if I decided to later. Anyway, it doesn't seem to work. I even started a new game and after the temple I'm still in my jumpsuit. Is this because what I added above it, or did I do this wrong? I tried the code first without a space after the equal sign but it still didn't work.

Does this function just not work? It seems a little far-fetched to me that Timeslip would just forget to check it, so I figure I'm just doing something wrong. Is the name of the avatar right? And does anyone have a complete list of avatars we could choose from? I looked but I wasn't able to find anything.

Also, as a side note, I downloaded the trainer from bluesteel to try that as well, and I wanted to see if freezing my hp froze my buddies hp as well... only to find out it wouldn't even freeze my hp. The ap portion doesn't work as well, and if I click freeze skill points I can't "unfreeze" them later. Does anyone else experience this or did I just screw up something again? I'm sure I'll have other questions as well, so I hope my verbose post doesn't scare anyone off from me... I know it's long, sorry again.

Any help? Appreciate it!

Neonmog said:
Any help? Appreciate it!
2 things: the reason it wasn't working is that you didn't uncomment the lines. The ';' at the start of the line marks it as a comment, which will be ignored by sfall.

Secondly, as soon as you do uncomment it your going to find that the game crashes whenever you equip most of the weapons. The critters only have animations for weapon types that they use in the game.

I have a strange new bug for you guys to play with. First, running Killaps latest (June 9th) RP on XP. Whenever I enter Chinatown San Francisco after December of 2242 I get a total screen freeze. The little planet doesnt spin, nothing happens, and I eventually have to close it with task manager. I have done some experimenting, and as best I can tell, the time and the Chinatown screen are the two variables of death. Other screens/times seem to work just fine. Thanks in advance

*EDIT:It may be worth noting that this crash seems to only occur on saves where I have gone through the Military Base.

Oh, thanks Timeslip. I had no idea what uncommenting it really meant... that explains why I wasn't able to change a few other things too! Still new to this kinda thing and all.

And I figure at least the primal avatar we start off with should be okay right? Sulik is one after all, and we start off looking like that. If I crash though I'll know why.

Back