Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
As a southerner. i have to disagree with this statement. Mainly being i havent had a chance to try a lot of european foods. But the grass is always greener on the other side.
People keep telling me southern food is great. What I hear is people want to eat greasy food but do not know how disgusting these small town eating joints are pretty much anywhere.

While it is a fair criticism, reuse has been pretty prevalent in these games
people always say this but elden ring has like 8 or 9 unique boss fights total. for a game of that size that is beyond unnacceptable. thats less than the original demons souls. the reuse is so pervasive and so unavoidable that the game may as well had been a randomly generated roguelike because the game just doesnt have anything new to show you after the 3rd major area, if youve been exploring the generic snap map dungeons.

the other souls games whole appeal was exploring a dead world and seeing what new horrors are around each corner. elden ring is shockingly low on new horrors and outside of skylines and 6 good dungeons it doesnt have a lot going for it in terms of exploration either. the reuse in older games was to fill out a few areas they didnt have time to finish. the reuse in elden ring is the whole game past liurna

Graves is part of the autistic problem. It took me 200 hours to beat the game and I never whined about reusing content because the world was big enough to not be a big deal. Graves is the problem in 90 percent of online discussion.

Graves is part of the autistic problem. It took me 200 hours to beat the game and I never whined about reusing content because the world was big enough to not be a big deal. Graves is the problem in 90 percent of online discussion.
yeah exactly the world was so big they ran out of shit to fill it with. they had enough content for a game maybe 25% as big. and the content that is there is mostly copy pasted dungeons that are as aesthetically unchanging as the average grind dungeon from a jrpg. if the game is 200 hours long and overstays its welcome at around the 25 hour mark thats not great. this is a flatout downgrade. and a big one too.

people always say this but elden ring has like 8 or 9 unique boss fights total.
Graves is the problem in 90 percent of online discussion.
You mean 8 fights that don't get reused. Saying it as there are 8 unique fights in the whole game probably frames it incorrectly for most. It's not an invalid criticism but I think it's also an overexaggerated one. Saying there's a whole 8 unique boss fights is just silly because that makes it seem like you'll fight the same 8 bosses just with variations.
Just because one boss design got reused one time doesn't exclude it from being a different fight from the 8 you're mentioning.

EDIT: By the logic that Elden Ring has 8 unique bosses, you can argue that Sekiro has absolutely no unique bosses in it since it got updated. As far as unique bosses when you exclude the variants of them showing up in other phases or with a slightly different moveset, I've seen claims of 80 to 120 some for Elden Ring's different bosses. And the total number of bossfights in Elden Ring is 238 or at least that's what a quick google result is saying. So about a third (80x3=240 1/3x240=80) or a half (120x2=240 1/2x240=120, in case you need to see the numbers) of the bosses in the game are not variants of another boss. That's a fine thing to say is lackluster, but it's not 8/238. And the game is also a bit disappointing in some other regards, but it's also well made in many others. I don't think it's their best work but it's hard for me to say it's bad.

Graves is part of the autistic problem. It took me 200 hours to beat the game and I never whined about reusing content because the world was big enough to not be a big deal.
I played for like 200+ and for the entirety of the first playthrough I barely felt that way (and I saw probably about 70-80% of the game on that first play). On the subsequent playthroughs where I knew what I wanted only certain items for my build, I did purposely exclude going back to repetitive dungeons that wouldn't give me anything useful for that character. Then I finally got bored of the game because I explored all of it, beat it three times, and the PvP was (or still is) pretty lame. You either are a god and can win with any kit or you are a metaslave and use the same boring OP shit everyone else spams the second you load in. If you're not pretty damn good at the combat vs another real person, using subpar shit will just have you dying to a lot of cheesier builds or builds that have just about every tool under the sun with little apparent downside to the average player.
I'll play some more someday, likely post-DLC because that'll give me more singleplayer content and then I'll check out online again to see if it feels any better or not. I don't even need it to be super "balanced" I just don't like some of the OP builds and the playstyles they encourage (shield poke builds were just lame even if not too hard to counter).

Last edited:
Games that take 200 hours to complete should simply be illegal, period.
Shit, i think 100 hours is really pushing it already. I just recently beat Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and i really enjoyed it, but it was around 120 hours to beat it. Same for Dragon Quest 11, i played and beat it during my month vacation from work back in 2021 and i loved it, but it was also over 100 hours to beat it. The thought of replaying either game gives me a migraine because i know how long it will take to complete it.

Both are RPGs and those are notorious for being longer than usual, but this trend of them getting ridiculously long is definitely recent because many of the western RPGs or JRPGs from the 90s aren't this long.

When it comes to RPGs, i'll take like a 20 to 30 hours long playthrough that has a satisfying start, middle and end over the same but like over twice as long. In fact, most of the time the longer a game goes on, there's a noticeable dip in quality because they are basically trying to spread butter on too much toast.

Last edited:
You mean 8 fights that don't get reused. Saying it as there are 8 unique fights in the whole game probably frames it incorrectly for most
most other people must have a different dictionary then because the defintion of unique is

being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else. yknow like most of the bosses in other souls games. there was some reuse in other games but not like this dont even try to pretend

most of your post is nonsense tbh. the game was outright ruined by its nonstop reuse. whats the point of exploring if im just gonna see the same fucking shit over and over. its like when jrpgs make a special dungeon to grind in but its the whole fucken game. abysmal

here's the deal man, if the first third of the game is going to end up being the same as the other 2/3 of the game, it's a giant waste of time. I recently got around to playing Mad Max, which was great for the first third of the game, and then I realized it's just the same copy/paste bullshit missions over and over for the rest of the game. So I gave up. Got an itch to play an action game that maybe does it better, so I got Assassin Creed Black Flag. I uninstalled it after an hour.
Grinding in action games needs to go away. I don't mind it in slow paced RPGs because at least then I don't have to pay close attention to how retarded I am for doing the same thing over and over.

The worst are the devs that just make numbers bigger and you need to get your rookie numbers up or you can't progress. That's just lazy game design.

Those games do really well though, I guess that's because

i-see-dumb-people-everywhere.jpg

pretty much what i said.
I know

Mad Max, which was great for the first third of the game, and then I realized it's just the same copy/paste bullshit missions over and over for the rest of the game.
I didn't even put thought into why I wasn't having much fun with that game. That might be why, nothing felt really all that great past the first few hours and I just gave up and never really felt a desire to try again.
I got Assassin Creed Black Flag. I uninstalled it after an hour.
I tried the very first AC and had that experience. People said the next entries were better and then I hear after the third one, they get really repetitive again. So I just avoided all of them lol.
Those games do really well though, I guess that's because
I mean you're not wrong but I think some of it is also getting people who are enfranchised with something and usually also combining it with a superficial theme or idea that attracts new customers. I've known a few people who were excited by various Assassin's Creed games depending on whatever theme they like. Pirates, Egypt, Vikings, etc. Some people have an affinity for something like that and gravitate towards anything that shows them the visual theme they like.

"The cause of her death has not been publicly disclosed."

Another young athlete in peak physical form. Heart explodes. All of them were forced to get the shot in order to be able to compete in their sport. SIDS has been around for a long time, but SADS came out post-vaccine. At least once a week another athlete shows up on my feed dead on the field or in training and the cause of death is never disclosed.

Nine years. Nine years was considered normal for vaccine trials to take place and be studied. The CORVID vaxx was made and released in less than one year, with a shiny ribbon of "you can't sue us if taking our shot makes your heart explode" attached in fine print.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. The increase in deaths could be due to global warming, eating meat, and racism/ homophobia.

A lot more cases like this that dont get the media attention. A few weeks ago a guy from my village just dropped dead. He was 36, worked as youth trainer for FC Hajduk, never smoked, never drank, never did drugs. The kid had the potential to become a football star but supposedly his father refused to short sell him when he negotiated with scouts from clubs in the first league. If you ask people from my village everybody thought it should have been him instead of Luka Modrić

pretty much what i said.

"uh youre using the real definition thats misleading what about this misinterpretation youd have to insane to come to"
Autistic people love trying to use their niche/cherry picked interpretation of words to win arguments online while sperging out!

Back