Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was the last game Bethesda put soul into it, and it collapsed the moment they released Horse Armor DLC and Skyrim afterwards.

Red Dead Redemption, GTA V and Max Payne 3 are bad games due to the controls, but also being really half decent compared to previous entries.

Final Fantasy 10 is one of the most best JRPGs up to this day.

Pixel games are crappy, if they don't go for certain level of detail on them that makes them stand out from others.

Static spawning is inferior to randomnized, dynmaic one.

I am popular.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most overrated and mediocre games in the series. Yeah, i don't like it. I genuinely found it to be a borefest and gave up around 8 or so hours in. If a RPG doesn't hook me after the first 5 hours, i quit. The removal of armors (you basically only have a slot for your weapon and another for an acessory, no slot for chest armor, head armor and gloves) and the party size being reduced to 3 turned me off big time.

I did watch livestreams of the entire game by one of the youtubers i follow and yup, it doesn't get better.

Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 is a great game and much better than Final Fantasy 7 itself.

Last edited:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was the last game Bethesda put soul into it, and it collapsed the moment they released Horse Armor DLC and Skyrim afterwards.

Oh yeah, because Shivering Isles was sooooo bad, right? :irked:

Red Dead Redemption, GTA V and Max Payne 3 are bad games due to the controls, but also being really half decent compared to previous entries.

Final Fantasy 10 is one of the most best JRPGs up to this day.

Pixel games are crappy, if they don't go for certain level of detail on them that makes them stand out from others.

Static spawning is inferior to randomnized, dynmaic one.

I am popular.
No, that is likely just the first one you played. I estimate you to be around my young cousins age. Query: Are you 16-20 years old? Disclaimer: I am not coming on to you.

Pixel games are crappy when people use it to substitute their lack of talent.

The Fallout series is overrated. Without mods it would suck.

Oh yeah, because Shivering Isles was sooooo bad, right? :irked:

Did I mention Shivering Isles there? I didn't, because it's actually pretty fucking good.

No, that is likely just the first one you played. I estimate you to be around my young cousins age. Query: Are you 16-20 years old? Disclaimer: I am not coming on to you.

I have played my share of JRPGs, but in terms of characters that got me hooked, music that is memorable, gameplay that I can enjoy and visuals standing even to this day, I would argue Final Fantasy X is one of the most best JRPGs ever, up right with Chrono Trigger, FFXII, Secret of Mana, Ys and Soul Nomad.

And I'm 21, so I'm over that scale. :drunk:

Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption was a good game, and the ridiculous plot, stupid purple prose, thou, thees, and therefores only served to make it better.

(Though, even I thought making Christof canon in the clan novel saga was a bit of a dick move).

Did I mention Shivering Isles there? I didn't, because it's actually pretty fucking good.

I have played my share of JRPGs, but in terms of characters that got me hooked, music that is memorable, gameplay that I can enjoy and visuals standing even to this day, I would argue Final Fantasy X is one of the most best JRPGs ever, up right with Chrono Trigger, FFXII, Secret of Mana, Ys and Soul Nomad.

And I'm 21, so I'm over that scale. :drunk:

Nah, you are around the age of my cousin. I just forgot how old he has gotten. Haha. I'm not judging you either based on that, but it is sometime easy to tell around how old someone is by what Final Fantasy they love! I am pointing out that most Final Fantasy fans grow attached to the one they got addicted to, at least that is how it once worked before games were so easy to come by. Now the formula is totally incorrect if it ever was.

I got him addicted to FFX because his first real system was a PS2. The first one I got addicted to was VIII, so I have fond memories of it that clash with my rationality that says it is not the best game, but right after I played VII and VI and V back to back! Then X. All in the golden age of Final Fantasy years which was around 1997 to 2005 or so. I call it a golden age because they released every Final Fantasy on PSX basically. It became mainstream to play JRPG's.

On X: No world map, shitty voice acting, linear gameplay - still one of the better FF games. Definitely not the best. I still need to get Zodiac Edition so I can finally beat XII. I had to play it in Iraq when I obviously had little free time. FFX had a badass soundtrack for sure.

Nah, you are around the age of my cousin. I just forgot how old he has gotten. Haha. I'm not judging you either based on that, but it is sometime easy to tell around how old someone is by what Final Fantasy they love! I am pointing out that most Final Fantasy fans grow attached to the one they got addicted to, at least that is how it once worked before games were so easy to come by. Now the formula is totally incorrect if it ever was.

I got him addicted to FFX because his first real system was a PS2. The first one I got addicted to was VIII, so I have fond memories of it that clash with my rationality that says it is not the best game, but right after I played VII and VI and V back to back! Then X. All in the golden age of Final Fantasy years which was around 1997 to 2005 or so. I call it a golden age because they released every Final Fantasy on PSX basically. It became mainstream to play JRPG's.

On X: No world map, shitty voice acting, linear gameplay - still one of the better FF games. Definitely not the best. I still need to get Zodiac Edition so I can finally beat XII. I had to play it in Iraq when I obviously had little free time. FFX had a badass soundtrack for sure.

Pretty good theory, my favorite has always been the first I played which is FF6 on SNES (or as released FF3) so I cannot fault your logic (well besides the fact that FF8 kinda sucked, no idea how that is still your fav).

The worst and the moment I stopped playing was x-2 (FF dance off)

Pretty good theory, my favorite has always been the first I played which is FF6 on SNES (or as released FF3) so I cannot fault your logic (well besides the fact that FF8 kinda sucked, no idea how that is still your fav).

The worst and the moment I stopped playing was x-2 (FF dance off)

It isn't my favorite. I said I have strong attachment to it. It once was. Now it is probably FFVI. My point was I played them all in a sort of binge, so there was no large gap in between for nostalgia to interfere and claim, for instance, a hallway simulator is the best in the series.

If you mean overworld where to travel to locations, I do agree it's a bit tedious, up until late game when you get airship to backtrack places. Shitty voice acting is subjective, especially if you bring up the laughing scene for the proof. Linear gameplay, eh, I could deal with it, the world could need for more games with CTB combat.
And Zodiac Edition is definitely big improvement over default XII, especially due to 3 choices of OST to play, 60FPS and QoL changes it brings.

lol what? i can't comment on max payne 3 (i'm still making my way through the first one atm) but gta V controls better than the series ever has and is easily one of the best in the series if you're willing to ignore all of the disgusting online bullshit its pulling. as red dead redemption is concerned... yes the horse controls are fucking atrocious and simply getting to missions is a pain... bottom line this game shouldnt have been an open world sandbox but like red dead revolver all of its missions are fun as hell (ignoring bonnie's bullshit ranching missions). overall an inferior game to Revolver but its still a great game in its own right. i'm hoping you're wrong about max payne 3 as well.

Hahaha, you literally said "it collapsed the moment they released Horse Armor DLC." Are you crazy? Don't say stuff like that but expect others to know that you had one unmentioned exception.

Also, the player home DLCs were pretty good too. All of them. Except the thieves' grotto with the stupid pirate ship. That one sucked.

lol what? i can't comment on max payne 3 (i'm still making my way through the first one atm) but gta V controls better than the series ever has and is easily one of the best in the series if you're willing to ignore all of the disgusting online bullshit its pulling. as red dead redemption is concerned... yes the horse controls are fucking atrocious and simply getting to missions is a pain... bottom line this game shouldnt have been an open world sandbox but like red dead revolver all of its missions are fun as hell (ignoring bonnie's bullshit ranching missions). overall an inferior game to Revolver but its still a great game in its own right. i'm hoping you're wrong about max payne 3 as well.

Max Payne 3 is the worst in the series.

Hahaha, you literally said "it collapsed the moment they released Horse Armor DLC." Are you crazy? Don't say stuff like that but expect others to know that you had one unmentioned exception.

Also, the player home DLCs were pretty good too. All of them. Except the thieves' grotto with the stupid pirate ship. That one sucked.

"it collapsed the moment they released Horse Armor DLC, but before Shivering Isles DLC" sounds like unnecessary attention, since majority agrees that it's good DLC, and I didn't mention it being bad in the first place.

>Player home DLCs were pretty good

latest

okay but is it a bad game?

also there's nothing about Rocky V that makes it any lesser a sequel than Rocky III or IV. Rocky V is actually pretty good.
A bad Max Payne game.

Rocky V was shit.

While the "game of the year" may be as good as people say it is, more often that not the games that are slept on tend to be the true gems.

See: Prey/Prey Mooncrash, Vampyr, Alien Isolation, and etc

While the "game of the year" may be as good as people say it is, more often that not the games that are slept on tend to be the true gems.

See: Prey/Prey Mooncrash, Vampyr, Alien Isolation, and etc

Prey was just another boring FPS System Shock ripoff. Vampyr I want to play. Alien Isolation was too buggy on console for me to play.

Back