Upcoming game - The Last of Us

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Driver Nephi, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Driver Nephi

Driver Nephi First time out of the vault

Dec 5, 2011
    Naughty Dog's new project is called "The Last of Us" and its a post-apocalyptic game about a man and his daughter(?) trying to survive in this new hostile world filled with crazed people. Looks very interesting, and by the look of the trailer reminds me of "I Am Legend" and "The Road". Could be very good !!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214496p1.html

2. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Looks a lot like the I am Legend movie to me.

3. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Good, I was almost afraid that there weren't already enough games with a Zombie-like setting.

4. fedaykin

fedaykin Vault Fossil

Jul 15, 2007
    No PC version, no purchase.

5. Token-not-found

Token-not-found It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 11, 2011
    What genre is it?

6. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    This is getting ridiculous. How many zombie games do we freaking need?? I got a I am Legend vibe too. That and Enslaved.

7. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I really should give those Terminator games a try I got a while ago, would be nice for a change; a post apocalyptic Earth devastated by a nuclear war and were the survivors are hunted down by killer machines (okay I know Enslaved also had robots but there is still a difference) and not a zombie in sight.

I honestly wish the whole Zombie popularity would come to an end, what once was rare has now overrun the market.
    If its not complete games its DLCs for games.

8. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    I hope it won't be as cinematic as Uncharted.

Edit. Lead designer of Enslaved is working on this. Uhm...is this a good or bad thing?

9. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Depends, Enslaved had some good stuff in it, but it just didn't have much of a wow factor to it.

Personally, I'm interested in this mostly because it doesn't seem like a zombie outbreak scenario so much as it does a zombies have already won scenario.

The level of plant growth and decay in the cityscape suggest that a serious amount of time has passed so the survivors may actually have some sort of survival skill rather than the usual 'survive due to being the protagonist' skill that's so prevalent in games.

10. C2B

C2B Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 17, 2010
    Edit: Apparently he is?

Nevermind then.

11. TheWearyGunman

TheWearyGunman First time out of the vault

Nov 21, 2011
    It shows some potential, if they put more emphasis on the threat of hostile humans and the degradation of society then they do on the OMG ZOMBIES factor, then it could be a really good game. I like the idea of a twenty-eight days later setting, where while the zombies/infected are dangerous, the real threat is the other humans, and the zombies were only the thing that threw society into it's collapse.

12. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Eh, looks like I Am Legend to me. Besides, enough with the damn zombies already.

13. Driver Nephi

Driver Nephi First time out of the vault

Dec 5, 2011
    I, for one, have yet to feel that it's too much zombie games / movies.

I have to say i'm looking forward to this game. I love "The Omega Man" movie, and "I Am Legend" as well. Surviving in a harsh world never gets old for me.

14. thegaresexperience

thegaresexperience Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Sep 3, 2010
    I'm actually really excited for this game. This and I am Alive both seem like games that are actually about survival, not just an action game with QTE.

15. Joelzania

Joelzania Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 12, 2011
    Has it been confirmed to be a zombie game? From the trailer I couldn't tell. They just looked like crazy people to me.

16. Sabirah

Sabirah Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 10, 2011
    Wow, that looks pretty good.

I am sick of zombie things too (always was, only exception is left 4 dead) but this looks really tense and interesting. Plus I don't think those were zombies

17. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    They certainly are. Rapid movements, growling-like sounds, and trying to eat your face. And brainless.

Isn't that what makes a zombie? I mean, in science fiction at least.

18. Sabirah

Sabirah Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 10, 2011
  19. rcorporon

rcorporon So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 31, 2008
    Looks good to me. Naughty Dog is one of the best developers in the industry today and this will probably find a place in my PS3 when it ships.

I wish stuff like this still was made on PC, but it seem that PC only gets crappy ports of console games these days.

20. Richwizard

Richwizard WHY!? NOT!? Orderite

Jan 18, 2010
    This game will probably be ported to the PC eventually, especially if there's enough interest. Let's just hope it's a good port.