Wasteland 2 Combat Trailer

Sander

This ghoul has seen it all
Staff member
Admin
Orderite
Wasteland 2's release date is drawing near, though many of you may already have access to the Beta version. And inXile is slowly starting the hype machine. Today, a combat trailer!

Wasteland 2 is set for release on September 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait.

Was Friendly Fire turned off at the end when the robot that was recruited was debuffing the other robots because the explosion didn't seem to affect it.

Cool trailer. Is that the same voice from FOT?

So is the second half of the game the green half (lush vegetation as in the cover art)?

That's a very good video; and the guy is well cast, a great voice. Combat looks great.

Question: Does Jamie [the robot] take damage from the grenade that the ranger tossed next to him, while he was surrounded by enemy robots?

(If so, why toss a grenade that will damage a party member; if not... how does that work? If the grenade is damaging to robots, and they are all robots...)

Last edited:
So since the robot doesn't show up in the character portraits does that mean that its involvement will be limited to the area it is found in? And if so, how do we control it? Tactics this and tactics that but NPC-AI isn't always all that reliable so having it kamikaze into enemies could fuck up any strategy you might be planning.

Yeah. This resulted in me having that robot for only one fight... Then it got shredded by other robots and I moved on with my life. It's too hard and annoying to pet that thing.

Parts of LA / "the green half" were visible too.

One of the big frustrations I've had so far is that you can't use skills untrained. You can't throw someone in as an impromptu medic when your medic gets smeared across the wasteland. I'd like to also note that my medic keeps getting attacked first no matter where he is.

One of the big frustrations I've had so far is that you can't use skills untrained. You can't throw someone in as an impromptu medic when your medic gets smeared across the wasteland. I'd like to also note that my medic keeps getting attacked first no matter where he is.

That's because they're the medic.

*I wish the game would not ID the medics to the enemies until after they are seen patching up fallen fighters.

That's why my sniper is the medic/surgeon and I keep her as far away from the action as possible.

I had to look up the "Red Boots DLC." That's pretty funny. Anyway, the combat looks solid. I'm glad that they have added head-shots.

Art Imitates …

sea said:
Ah-Teen said:

I have not observed this myself. It might be a result of how you are positioning your party, their combat initiative, damage output, etc. There are dozens of factors that go in to determining enemy actions in combat. I don't believe "is medic" is one of the weights used.

Art Imitates … A.

Life Imitates … B.

Can A equal B? When B equals BILL? ;)

4too

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit that man is funny as shit!

One of the big frustrations I've had so far is that you can't use skills untrained.

So, uh, train people in them? This game is about choices and consequences. Own up to your mistakes.

I want the option to try disarming a bomb or a siren and watch as the damn thing goes off because my critical failure rate is 98 percent, because i'm stuck in a bad situation and my demo expert got carried off into a dark hole by several large and horny riding armadillos.

There are 29 skills, many less useful than others, and very few that make sense that you can't at least try to use them.

Last edited:
Yeah. This resulted in me having that robot for only one fight... Then it got shredded by other robots and I moved on with my life. It's too hard and annoying to pet that thing.
You can repair him using Mechanical Repair. You can also use Computer Science to give him the Overclocked buff.

Really? I thought that I've tried that, but nothing happened and no x% fixing appeard, so I thought "it's dead, it's gone". Though, I don't remember if the ground was cluttered in dead robots and maybe the cursor didn't lined up correctly or w/e.

You can repair him using Mechanical Repair. You can also use Computer Science to give him the Overclocked buff.

Really? I thought that I've tried that, but nothing happened and no x% fixing appeard, so I thought "it's dead, it's gone". Though, I don't remember if the ground was cluttered in dead robots and maybe the cursor didn't lined up correctly or w/e.
If he's dead he's dead, but I think you should be able to use those both in and out of combat.

Yeah, but that's the problem. He was running away from me to some robots in shadow-y areas where he then died in very short time. I find it too tedious to babysit him under such circumstances. Such companions should have the option to stay in x range to your party at any time. E.g. never ever would that robot run away from me further than one or max. two action points (even the range of 2 action points makes it already annoying to keep him alive. Especially if you are fighting more and harder enemies).

The ai in that case just isn't very tactical. Oh there are lotsa hard ass foes in front of us? Don't worry, I'll handle it! *Storms right into the frontlines and dies*

For me, the only good and useful non-controllable companion in combat is the Night Terror. And this only because it has 8000hp and doesn't get into combat at all unless you accidentally hit it.

Last edited:
I would like to see a fight with the Scorpitron!

Oh, and exoskeleton/Power armor of course.

Last edited:
Back