Wasteland 2 first look video released, update

FearMonkey said:
AnotherZaphod said:
zegh8578 said:
It looks absolutely awesome, and I am giving it long, longing looks - but - will it be a strictly team-based gameplay?

I like being the hero, like you are in FO and FO2, although I am happy with FoT's team-play FoT sortof makes it reasonable being more of a military game.

I'm not really familiar with the gameplay of the original Wasteland.

I'm pretty sure the game is going to be balanced for a team of rangers. You could choose to have just one ranger in the team and make life very difficult for yourself. And you might end up in that situation if a battle goes badly wrong. I'm not sure if that would be viable for the whole game though.

Yeah I seem to recall Brian Fargo mentioning that you could create a single character and just use him through the game, but it would be very difficult as the game was designed around having a team of Rangers.

Sounds like a decent challenge to me. :p

I guess I can live with that :D

WOW that video looks awesome! To me this is kind of like Fallout Tactics 2 since we are never going to get one. The gameworld looks really atmospheric and the game mechanics look great. Very promising so far!

As for the keyword dialogue. It works but you don't get a sense of role playing IMO. Kingdoms of Amalur does this and I don't feel any real involvement in the quests or storyline. It hasn't stopped me playing 60 hours though! Really looking forward to seeing more.

dirtbag said:
Why did the enemies suddenly see everybody in the team!? That was so annoying for me

When the was showing off that cover thing against the single opponent, his line-of sight was against the one in front of him, who then shot at him first... But then the enemy started shotting at those guys HE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN OR HEARD?!

That's just bad, makes such tactics totally useless.
And I'm surprised noone else on this board has pointed it out? I think it's an obvious flaw
Really, nobody noticed this?

Apart from that: looks really good, forgot to say that. Probably one of the few modern games I want to play actually.

dirtbag said:
dirtbag said:
Why did the enemies suddenly see everybody in the team!? That was so annoying for me

When the was showing off that cover thing against the single opponent, his line-of sight was against the one in front of him, who then shot at him first... But then the enemy started shotting at those guys HE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN OR HEARD?!

That's just bad, makes such tactics totally useless.
And I'm surprised noone else on this board has pointed it out? I think it's an obvious flaw
Really, nobody noticed this?

Apart from that: looks really good, forgot to say that. Probably one of the few modern games I want to play actually.

The games AI hardly is finished at this point. Give 'em a break.

dirtbag said:

I don't understand what you're talking about. At 9:40 MCA shoots at the Wrecking Crew. Wrecking Crew goes into cover and returns fire to MCA at 9:45. 9:50-10:05 the rangers all shoot at him and he dies before he can return fire again. He only ever shoots at MCA, who took the first shot at him.

AnotherZaphod said:
I missed that one. Thanks man.

I thought it will be more like: leader talks and rest of team can add some lines according to they stats or skills. Since there are no lines, I guess choosing next ranger and clicking/typing word second time should work.
I hope NPCs will be really eloquent and there won't be many of "I never heard about it" answers. Maybe beta tests will be concerned on this too.

Brother None said:
dirtbag said:

I don't understand what you're talking about. At 9:40 MCA shoots at the Wrecking Crew. Wrecking Crew goes into cover and returns fire to MCA at 9:45. 9:50-10:05 the rangers all shoot at him and he dies before he can return fire again. He only ever shoots at MCA, who took the first shot at him.
Hmmm, maybe youre right

Dialogue system close to the first wasteland and easy to use, good looking critter disposition around hexes and overall faithful ambience.

And we got a quick peek at the local fauna, which looks great so far. Wish we could see some rats though... hopefully soon.

I'm quite satisfied with the results so far, money well spent.

The Agricultural Center seems to be one of the first locations to visit and Avellone worked on it- doesn't surprise me at all, that there aren't any rats around. :>

Sadly enough i did not see any reference to blood sausages...
Maybe because i did not finish watching, damn internet.

I never played Wasteland.

I have had the desktop image of the Scorpion robot thingy as my desktop image ever since it was posted here on NMA.

This video almost made me cry out in joy.

:)

I think it looks awesome so early in the development cycle.

Back