Wasteland 2 Kickstarter has launched

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by C2B, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm not changing mine, I used it here first, dammit!

2. shijoku

shijoku First time out of the vault

May 23, 2006
    Well, 496k at midnight CST. Pretty darn close! :D

3. Elhoim

Elhoim It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 3, 2008
  4. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    It shot over 500k pretty damn quickly. It was 499 like 15 seconds ago.

5. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    I donated 50$ to the codex one instead to pledge money on the Kickstarter page.. Much better this way since I don't have to use a credit card, we might get the Codex Troll statue and I don't really need all this bonus stuff that comes with the kickstarter pledging.

I wanted to pledge more initially, but I decided to wait for it a bit, since we actually don't know anything about the game yet, no screenshots, no video, no knowledge how the game will eventually be. Don't get me wrong, I am excited aswell, but I don't have the money to throw around for stuff like this when I don't even know in what exactly I am investing in - buying a cat in the bag. ;)

6. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    So we have 53 unique Guns/NPCs/Locations so far. :)

7. kylix999

kylix999 First time out of the vault

Mar 9, 2006
    I woke up and 503k, who said it will slow down?

but the best thing imagine that in that way we will have wasteland 3 in the future easily. Ofc they have to make 2 but finally we will have what we want

8. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    A very n00bish question: Will the digital downloads be available through Steam?

EDIT: 510k MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

9. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Oh man, I knew it would be higher by the time I'd wake up but I didn't expect it to be half there already! Good, good. :)

10. Nology5890

Nology5890 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 22, 2006
    It's going to make target, there's no doubt about that. By Friday evening, I will be shocked if it hasn't busted $1.25 million. Usual payday for Americans means $$$ for this for inXile.

11. Autoduel76

Autoduel76 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 14, 2007
    Just about midnight on the west coast- 517,000. Not a bad day.

I'm off to bed confident in finally getting this sequel to one of all time favs

12. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    This has been a fantastic day. Wasteland 2 will fucking rock. Now I want to know more. I want concept art and details. This game will actually give us the old school experience that we have been begging for. Who predicted this would happen? Kickstarter is officially the best fucking idea ever. Will we see more isometric RPG's in the future? What about Planescape? Maybe a new title? The possibilities are endless. InXile are rocking out with their cocks out on this one. That's a good thing in case you are wondering. Fargo, you are the man. Do more shit like this and you will have people worshiping you. Actually, I think that is already the case. Who wants to start a Brian Fargo cult?

:notworthy:

13. Goral

Goral It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2008
    Just adblock avatars of Per and these other 2 guys leaving only Ausir's.

As for the 500k, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. But we still need to spread the word further so that it won't slow down. It's also sad that quite a lot of money comes from other developers who probably experienced what Brain Fargo experienced when dealing with publishers such as Bethesda (otherwise we might have gotten something much better than Fallout:NV), instead of gamers.

Oh, and I suggest we contact Bill Gates, Google, Apple owners etc. and ask them to throw 15 $ at least. That's like 0.00000001 $ for average guy. ;P

14. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    Well, I'm in for my $175!

And thusly we are making the world a better place, one RPG at a time.

15. Blazerfrost

Blazerfrost First time out of the vault

May 30, 2007
    And of course I am very happy they decided to supply a digital version for the $50 tier. Except now I am considering the $100 tier, so yeah.

16. Cold Zer0

Cold Zer0 Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 6, 2004
    Pledged. I'm really happy with the progress made so far. I hope they will gather more money than the required goal so we can have more features and translations and all in all a better game.

17. kylix999

kylix999 First time out of the vault

Mar 9, 2006
    What is current sum of money?

grr I have banned kickstarter in office :/

18. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    $530 597!

19. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    It certainly will, sooner or later. DF raised one million the first day and "only" two millions in the remaining 33 days.

20. Goral

Goral It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2008
    When was the last time so many people commented on NMA?

Also, someone uploaded the video on youtube (so be sure to +1 it and add to favourites):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGv-bFXkqJo[/youtube]