Wasteland 2 Scorpitron 2.0 concept art

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    inXile has released another piece of concept art for Wasteland 2 in the Scorpitron 2.0.

<center></center>

2. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Love it love it love it. Scorpitron looks perfect, the overgrown buildings even more so. Wasteland should have seem flourishing, mutated plantlife.

3. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    I wish I had money to pledge, that looks fantastic.

4. Starwars

Starwars Mildly Dipped

Sep 17, 2006
    That looks, to put it bluntly, fucking awesome.

5. babadook

babadook Legislative Senator oTO Orderite

Apr 2, 2005
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Awesome!

6. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    That's more like it.

7. Verevoof

Verevoof Cryptid oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 12, 2009
    Really, really awesome. Can't wait for more!

8. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    Gorgeous, but in my mind the Wasteland robots are shiny and colourful, not dirty and greyish-green. Of course, this is not the same as the original since that was tracked and had a visible "armoured warrior".

9. Nexuiz

Nexuiz First time out of the vault

Apr 26, 2009
    :shock:
    Now I want it to become a 3D 1st person shooter action adventure!

10. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Love it. This shit probably will shredd my desert rangers, though.

11. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    This one looks atleast a bit more resembling to the first Wasteland. If I wouldn't have known that the first one (with the rangers) was related to W2, I would have simply written it off as another grimdark, modern, too clean "kewl guyz posing infront of cam" one. This one raises my brow a bit, it's cool. :)

12. Izual

Izual Pipe rifle & chopsticks

Sep 18, 2009
    Looks good. However, any game can have good looking artworks, I'm looking forward for more than that!

13. grayx

grayx It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 3, 2008
    That shit is one fucking scary looking arthropod!

The best art so far. And yeah, all the rest looks very nicely incorporated. Not a shred of kitsch there, whoever made this, has a style.
    Best wishes.

p.s. Nitpick. Those "desert rangers" letters doesn't look perfect on that star, maybe if someone could make it emboss or something, like it's imprinted on that material the star is made of.

14. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    im gonna come off like an asshole after a whole list of praises here, but i dont like it :D

way too animal-like, i dont see how it would be a feasible design, besides purely made to look awesome and scorpion-like.
    the artwork is great of course
    but yeah, why not throw in a tank shaped exactly like a wolf, or an airplane shaped exactly like a duck? a badass duck that is

15. grayx

Mar 3, 2008
    I would be first to comment on a design, but this shape is iconic, it's recognizable as good as this sign I'm bitching about, so it's perfectly suited for this game.

Show me some art as good as this involving wolfs, ducks or cows, and I will be first to scream "Give us this too!";)

16. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Dunno if the shape is iconic. The original Scorpitron was on tracks, after all.

17. grayx

Mar 3, 2008
    Shape, not actual details, tho, you are right about that. Who knows, I could imagine different types of these machines (or are they machines?), one with legs, one with tracks...

18. egalor

egalor Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 20, 2007
    Very neat. I'm really surprised how they have managed to convey that difference between FO and WL environment.

As for the model, yeah, it's completely different than the original, but judging by the loads of damage the original Scorpitron unleashed onto my poor Rangers back then... I think the armament now corresponds better to its firepower, than these... well... deadly frontal clippers? :)

"If the art remains as such,
    I am happy very much" :)

19. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    dont get me wrong, it looks awesome. i'd be honored to be shot to pieces by one, im just nitpicking (i could complain further about the enormous inefficient effort of mounting a minigun at the end of such a huge tail, when a simple flexible turret would do), it looks raw :D

i also did consider the possibility that this is something that somehow truly belongs to wasteland, since ive never played it.
    if so, it is - as you say - iconic, and i should just shut my mouth about it :D

noticed just now, the original posted up there, it actually reflects one of my thoughts - tracks. but i guess in a fictional world like that, one must compromise between pure functionality, and an awesome gaming experience as well

20. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Scorpitron looks really impractical at best, but it fits the game so whatever. Also I would totally shit in my pants seeing something like this come my way.

What I really dig are the overgrown buildings. I would love if they abandonned the Mad Max, Australian outback-like aesthetic that Post-Apoc uses too much and use more of this. We're apparently in California, no need for deserts all over the place.