Watch Dogs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FcMRkyoHKeA" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Deus Ex meets GTA?

EDIT: Even more interesting. The game seems to be quite responsive to player actions (or scripted?) Like when he controls the traffic lights to kill his target, suddenly a pedestrian comes up to a car and asks if the driver is OK. Badass, heh?

I was getting excited with this game, until the Slo-Mo shootign started..... does every game need to have Shoot-a-mole gameplay to get greenlit nowadays or what? The Hacking mechanics still sound interesting.

Seems as though games are getting better and better with interacting with the environment, now time to add RPG/sandbox elements and non-linear story lines and outcomes. It seems everyone is eating up the idea of you "playing" a movie, which can be good if it's well written and voice acted, but I wish someone would take it to the next level.

plaidchuck said:
Seems as though games are getting better and better with interacting with the environment, now time to add RPG/sandbox elements and non-linear story lines and outcomes. It seems everyone is eating up the idea of you "playing" a movie, which can be good if it's well written and voice acted, but I wish someone would take it to the next level.

Ubisoft games are pretty good, when you compare them to something like Activision or EA. They don't seem to be releasing countless DLCs that cost $5 or dumb their products down. Far Cry 2? Assassin's Creed? Crysis? Just a couple games off the top of my head that were badass.

Just don't ever mention Silent Hunter 5 when talking about good Ubisoft releases. Niche gaming ftl.

Sub-Human said:
plaidchuck said:

Ubisoft games are pretty good, when you compare them to something like Activision or EA. They don't seem to be releasing countless DLCs that cost $5 or dumb their products down. Far Cry 2? Assassin's Creed? Crysis? Just a couple games off the top of my head that were badass.

Crysis is made by Crytek, and published by EA. Not Ubisoft. And Assassin's creed has been slowly getting worse with each installment, in my opinion.

Mjolnir said:
Crysis is made by Crytek, and published by EA. Not Ubisoft. And Assassin's creed has been slowly getting worse with each installment, in my opinion.

The first one was published by Ubisoft (didn't like Crysis 2 as much, to be honest - that was published by EA).

It's certain that several actions were scripted, but it still looks really, really nice. Certainly my favourite of E3. Also, at last a new IP.

Crni Vuk said:
yeah but they all have the same problem, at least on the PC

Ubiluncher.
There might be some hope tho after Rayman Origins' release, given it was released with no DRM at all. Then again it wasn't a very high-profile release, so we'll see how it goes.

You actually made me check my Crysis box. Bad Sub-Human.
No mention of Ubisoft.

I didn't like Crysis nor Far Cry that much :look:

Atomkilla said:
You actually made me check my Crysis box. Bad Sub-Human.
No mention of Ubisoft.

I didn't like Crysis nor Far Cry that much :look:

I didn't care for them very much either. This does look promising though. I guess we will see.

Dario ff said:
Crni Vuk said:
yeah but they all have the same problem, at least on the PC

Ubiluncher.
There might be some hope tho after Rayman Origins' release, given it was released with no DRM at all. Then again it wasn't a very high-profile release, so we'll see how it goes.

Doubtful, the latest Ghost Recon game has the Ubi DRM on it. Shame really as I wanted to buy it.

From what I've seen, the latest Ghost Recon copies EVERYTHING that MGS4:Online pioneered.

Back