What we'd like to see in New Vegas?

Hmm, get rid of most 'feral' Ghouls.

I am sick of zombie wannebees.

Have a couple of Ghouls who have gone mindless because of radiation or heat, but make them rare or encounters and not buildings full of them.

Power Armor, none of that nonsense of Fallout 3, make them like FO1/2 again; the ultimate form of protection.

Negative point is that they are extremely rare and you can't salvage intact ones from people who were killed while wearing them.
Only pieces and components you have to put together again. (high science + repair skill)

Holocausto said:
The List:

A lot of that stuff exists as mods... when I get home I'll post you some links so you can have a fan made version of some of the stuff you want in the meantime. I'm working on my own hunger mod which is really nice, I'll have it released once I get it so that you dont starve in VR simulations and so that you feed when you perform cannibalism.

lugaru said:
Holocausto said:
The List:

A lot of that stuff exists as mods... when I get home I'll post you some links so you can have a fan made version of some of the stuff you want in the meantime. I'm working on my own hunger mod which is really nice, I'll have it released once I get it so that you dont starve in VR simulations and so that you feed when you perform cannibalism.
I know but the whole point is for a game to do these things as default so you don't need to mod them. Some of those things can (and have been modded) but some are not easy to do hence the dev should do it. If you check the mod section of NMA I have my own mod "Caustic Pak" which does some of these things but it is still not even close to enough to fix F3 for me. Why not petition Obsidian to kick ass instead of us? I don't enjoy or want to mod yet another game. I don't have the time nor technical ability.

I would really like to see a restored SPECIAL. But then again, once a rape victim, allways a rape victim...

Most of my big concerns have been addressed by mods. Even so, I think they could make a big improvements by incorporating some of the adjustments that modders have made.

1) Tie the damage received in VATS to the combat difficulty slider. They should make the harder difficulty levels much more difficult. This is a simple change that has a huge impact. And it doesn't reduce the accessibility of the game.

2) Reinstate and repurpose the other difficulty slider. They should have another slider that affects skills and leveling. There are tons of ways to do this (adjusting skill points, adjusting XP, adjusting the minimum skill req's in the game world, etc...). By tying these adjustments to a difficulty slider, the game remains acessible to those that don't want to worry about screwing up their character, as well as those that want to make a master of all trades. People that want to more of an RPG can crank up the difficulty.

3) Nerf the xp gained through combat and increase the xp gained through exploration.

4) Put in more enemies that throw 'nades or do splash damage. Along with decent level design, this sort of thing can cover up bad AI (which is sort of inevitable).

5) Put a bigger emphasis on the final quests/levels. The endgame should be the best quest, at least with regard to branching structure and multiple solutions.

6) Include the hanged man.

I like many of the things you say people, but I want playable races (human, supermutants and ghouls), let's not forget that. Each should have unique quests, unique forms of solving a common quest among them and of course, different reactions from different NPCs (goes back to unique quests).

Yeah, I know it wont be happening.

I'd like more text description, like inventory description (I think a mod already made something like that) but also scenary description (click"this is a rock"click"yep, it's still a rock",click"you keep this rock in sight in case it attacks you").

Pleaase a world map, so you can travel to other locations, with unique design, and not the same old ruined Vegas where you have to run for hours to discover something.

Oh, and dark humour. Not the one that make blow the head of people. No, the one that you keep hidden behind your closet, and where you throw a grenade at the guy in the hole...

And speaking of it, maybe some custom death for the important npc? Since there is a low motion vats something, at least make good use of it.

And I think the others already mentions the rest i would like to see...

-Instead of zooming in on the enemy, VATS goes into a sattelite view where you can make more tactical choices such as movement, attacks, item use, and follower commands for an AP cost. Essentially just something that's closer to isometric turn based but still console friendly. This is some shit even Ghost Recon and Brothers in Arms can manage so there are no excuses to not have AT LEAST this.

-A Van Buren-like toggle switch between VATS and full blown Turn Based would be super super nice. Unlikely as all hell, but nice.

-Third person camera as standard instead of as an afterthought that doesn't work correctly. Standard 3rd person adventure camera when running around; goes into Gears of War mode when your weapon is drawn.
First person immediately detracts from an RPG experience unless it's some really old school Wizardry shit. There's a reason Bethesda is the only one who does it.

-How many fucking people play World of Warcraft and developers still think the "average gamer" can't understand stats... I hope the systems are un-dumbed severely.

-The ability to autohack and lockpick based on stats without playing a stupid minigame. And don't say you can force the lock, because that isn't the same thing.

-Features that were in Fallout 2 but not in Fallout 3, such as blowing open locked doors with dynamite

Completely new animations.
A second vote for Groin Shots, but also bring back Eye Shots.
Oh, and I say get rid of weapon degradation completely. It wasn't in the original Fallout games, they were just too lazy to remove the code from Oblivion.

Mungrul said:
Completely new animations.
A second vote for Groin Shots, but also bring back Eye Shots.
Oh, and I say get rid of weapon degradation completely. It wasn't in the original Fallout games, they were just too lazy to remove the code from Oblivion.

I do agree. Weapon repair in every game it has ever been in is more of an annoyance than anything. It is no different in FO3.

However I would like to see a more robust item creation/upgrade system put in place. No more items like the Rock-it launcher, or the lawnmower blade gas powered sword of instant self-conflagration. A system where you can customize your weapon, add a scope upgrade the gun, extend the clip, ect.. Something like that would be great, and you could just use the repair skill for weapon upgrades and customization.

-Traits
-Low int dialogue
-Turn-based combat
-Isometric view
-Better dialogues
-Success and failure dependant entirely on character's skill, not bullshit like in fo3.
-Faithful to Fallout canon and world (no orcs, blowing up cars, fatman etc)
-Eye shots, groin shots and hand shots.
-Interesting antagonist, more like Kerghan and Master, not like Enclave.
-No transformers.
-No magical boobleheads or shit like that.
-Perks every 3 levels and more varied than "+10% to x skill".
-Improved, not dumbed down, SPECIAL.
-Shitload of exploring and locations not related to main quests (like SAD in FO2)
-If there will be old factions (super mutants, BoS) make them right. Super mutants should be struggling for survival and since they can't reproduce they must be extra cautious about being spotted by humans. BoS isn't a do-gooders organization, they're fucking egoistic and full of nazis.
-Also, it'd be nice if it were heavy-moddable. Maybe then even if its gameplay takes after fo3 people can fix it.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Eh Black, the BOS weren't fascists.
Just very elitist and self centered.

They do have some possibilities of going facist. The Chicago BOS is the ur-example of this, and they were much more interesting than Lyons' annoying goody good BOS. General Barnaky was much more of a character than the entire Washington BOS.

It seems, to me, that the Brotherhood was specifically designed by Maxson to avoid "Facistization." I am sure that, due to the events at Mariposa, he probrably saw the US governament as facists and decided to make sure his organization never suffered the same fate of the US governament.

I would love to see the world and its people seem more alive. It would be great to see weather effects used sparingly and have inhabitants react accordingly. For instance, a bout of acid rain or some such incident would send people running for cover or sand storms forcing people to go inside and shut their windows. Raider attacks would be especially appropriate and would liven up the game world, even if they were a series of partially scripted random events it would still be better than what was in FO3.

That old synergy of being able to see the effects of something you did in one town changing events in another was completely missing from Fallout 3. I would love to see those complex relationships put back in without making the game world seem as if it knows what you've done no matter if anyone saw you do it or not. If I kill someone in an abandoned building out in the middle of nowhere, unless there was a witness who ran back to the nearest town and told people, I should get away with it.

Hi everyone.

I support the idea of impelmenting as much from VB into F:NV as it is possible. War between fractions of NRC and BOS is great idea in my opinion.

BOS as background characters that are rather weak, short of supplies and struggling to get advantage over NCR, are quite interesting IMHO. Still best faction of BOS was the one in Tactics.

Mistrz said:
BOS as background characters that are rather weak, short of supplies and struggling to get advantage over NCR, are quite interesting IMHO. Still best faction of BOS was the one in Tactics.

That I would like, I always wished that the brotherhood of steel where guys with good weapons and armor and then their leaders have power armor, because power armor is such a game changer. It is honestly the one thing I would remove from Fallout if I could go back in time, but I know lots of people would strangle me for saying that since obviosly some people love the suit. Still I agree that tactics was my favorite incarnation of them, it made me feel like the brotherhood had ranks and very few people where invincible.

Back