Where will the next Fallout take place?

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
I was playing around on New Vegas last night, and a thought popped into my head. What if the new game is centered around Mr. Bishop?

I'm sure you all remember Bruce Isaac from the Talent Pool Quest. Well, he mentions sleeping with Mr. Bishop's daughter, and that he had to go all the way to New Vegas to get away because Bishop knows the wastes too well.
Mr. Bishop is speculated to be the kid that the Chosen One could have while in New Reno, in Fallout 2.

Fallout just loves continuing the line from the descendents of the Vault Dweller, so it's a good possibility. That game would be pretty interesting. North NCR, Happy Trails Caravan, 80's, maybe some White Legs, New Reno, Vault City, not to mention huge expanses of Nevada we haven't seen yet. Maybe even Utah or Idaho or Oregon?

I would like to see Utah in Fallout mainly for the Mormans. I imagine if anyone survives the apocalypse it will be them. Honest Hearts could have been done better.

Ryanbeolve said:
I was playing around on New Vegas last night, and a thought popped into my head. What if the new game is centered around Mr. Bishop?

I'm sure you all remember Bruce Isaac from the Talent Pool Quest. Well, he mentions sleeping with Mr. Bishop's daughter, and that he had to go all the way to New Vegas to get away because Bishop knows the wastes too well.
Mr. Bishop is speculated to be the kid that the Chosen One could have while in New Reno, in Fallout 2.

Fallout just loves continuing the line from the descendents of the Vault Dweller, so it's a good possibility. That game would be pretty interesting. North NCR, Happy Trails Caravan, 80's, maybe some White Legs, New Reno, Vault City, not to mention huge expanses of Nevada we haven't seen yet. Maybe even Utah or Idaho or Oregon?

That would actually be pretty awesome. Wouldn't be too difficult to write an interesting story, either, given the huge new areas to explore as well as Mr. Bishop's background (being a mob boss, essentially).

A original idea on a fallout 4 location

I have debated the pros and cons of detroit as a location, the availability of historical gangsters, union groups, sports teams such as the tigers who are already fanatical and quasi dangerous,etc. The border into canada could make winsor a hub for a dangerous enemy or the opposite, the only safe area in the region. It also gives a perfect setting to add vehicles back into fallout, possibly with some auto combat.
What if a completely different direction were taken with the new title. There are regions of the US that would have been relatively untouched by the war, such as sections of West Virginia, rural virginia, tennessee, kentucky, northern louisiana, etc and some of these areas are on major migration routes for refugees traveling from larger cities. These areas would have become major battlegrounds where the locals fought to defend their food and belongings from the hordes of human locust migrating to less toxic areas and eating and stealing everything in their path. These rural areas are locations of secret military bunkers such as the greenbriar in WV with very armed citizens. War like city states would spring up with an anti-government "kill all foreigners" attitude controlling transportation routes and resources. These areas would be like cuba, still driving old working cars that have been maintained for years, with most of the pre-war infrastructure intact. Every little town, coal mine, military post, etc would be a possible enemy or friendly and as an outsider you may have to fight everyone you run into like the movie escape from new york.

I am thinking Dallas
1. It is a big city because i mean hell its a metroplex
2. Guns and i mean lots and lots of guns. Lots of people in Texas are armed to the teeth so think about the chances of some amazing weaponry.
3. SA and Austin DLC's ! San Antonio is known as the Texas military capitol they have a ton of military bases of all kinds ! And they could also maybe throw in an Oklahoma DLC.
4. What better place to introduce vehicles than Texas i mean everything so spread out.
5. Some good factions could be here too i mean you got all these militias armed to the teeth willing to protect there home turf.
6. I want to see Bethesdas take on a post apocalyptic Texas ! Because its my own back yard !

It says it will take place to SF(San Francisco.)
It's boring Why you can't wandering all the america for example the map is the all america you can walk from fallout 1 zone to FOT's zone and making the mission map this, could be awsome.
What to expect?
Slow Game.

I think finding out about what happened to Canada and the reasons why it became US territory would be very interesting, so somewhere in British Columbia would be cool. Also, a snowy environment would be cool. Critics/Fans may cite similarities to Skyrim being the latest Elder Scrolls game so I think a) Fans of Fallout probably play Elder Scrolls too, so a change would be nice & b) going of the assumption the F3 dev team will be working on this project, having just done Skyrim they may be inclined to work on non snow biomes, so that may effect their decision. This could sway them to hotter environments, and as another team made NV, I can see them revisiting that area.
That's just me thinking about the way it goes, I personally hope they go for somewhere like Florida where they can start to create new lore rather than just adding stories to old. That'll give rise to new Factions, which would be awesome. With Enclave in the shitter all over NA (as we know), we could use a new bad guys, and there's no way you can justify Caesar's Legion in Florida.

I'd hope for Miami or Canada, but I think of the two Miami is more likely and overall I think they'll end up picking the core region again.
:)
(Also I just read that in Fallout 3/NV there's reference to Tactics, that makes those events at least semi-canon, saying that the Chicago BoS went rougue, that'd be interesting too.)

AbullSinCara said:
It's boring Why you can't wandering all the america for example the map is the all america you can walk from fallout 1 zone to FOT's zone and making the mission map this, could be awsome.

It wouldn't since you would make that distance in 20 mins or so. Typical sandbox maps are tiny, and we can't expect anything other than "typical" from Bethesda.

Alaska or Florida, to change the setting from a desert - after all swamps or tundra could serve as a wasteland as well. Or Chicago and Great Lakes area, as long as new factions are introduced, and if they bring the oldies (technically BOS should be there since they crashed their hovercraft around and Enclave's said to have a base there) then make it small and endangered, like in New Vegas.

Mameluk said:
Alaska or Florida, to change the setting from a desert - after all swamps or tundra could serve as a wasteland as well. Or Chicago and Great Lakes area, as long as new factions are introduced, and if they bring the oldies (technically BOS should be there since they crashed their hovercraft around and Enclave's said to have a base there) then make it small and endangered, like in New Vegas.

The BoS and Enclave could be small just like NV and have mob style gangs with some tribal types could be cool in Chicago and kind the direction I see it going.

Renegadexss said:
Mameluk said:
mob style gangs with some tribal types
Wouldn't that make Chicago look like New Reno/Vegas? :P Still like the idea though :wink:

Yep but that would work with the era and Chicago and one of the devs saying the Mojave was fun wasint it.
Mojave had this particular climate of a post-apocalyptic Western, I'm not sure if applying the same rules to Chicago would work.

A mid-west Fallout could have a 'Dances With Mole-rats' type theme.

I think it would be awesome for some type of vault/bos/enclave representative go native and the player character is one of his/her offspring. They could copy-paste the main quest from FO3 or some other generic, crap, linear story.

I`d lovet to see Chicago once more, especially cause I love midwestern BoS. But I`m affraid Beth would screw it.

I think it would be neat to see it in Alaska at some point. You have a lot to explore there--leftover military bases and battlefields from the Chinese invasion, endless winter tundra, some of the biggest mutated grizzly bears you could ever see (they would make Yaou Guai look like puppies)...there could be a lot of promise from a Fallout taking place in Alaska.

Plus they could provide even more in-depth back story for Operation Anchorage, which would be REALLY cool to see. I don't know, I just think it's time to go to Alaska...plus, it would be fun to see if there's any Vaults that were created there, don't you think? And there are some new game mechanics that could be implemented, including perhaps a 'hypothermia' meter. Also, there could be remnants of the OA forces who maybe splintered into their own faction after the bombs dropped, becoming something different from the rest of the ex military that became the BoS or Enclave. So I vote Alaska for the next FO game!

Back