Fallout Tactics mod Xkcon's ultimate rip off (0.895)

Yes I would also like to know about fixes since I plan on playing it again.

xkcon: Ultimate Rip Off Mod (Fallout Tactics)
Author: xkcon
Release: ~2003 - 2016
Copyright: Bethesda Softworks LLC.
This is an expansion of the original campaign, adds new missions and quests, changes some of the original ones. There is an option to ignore the main quests and explore the world. In fact, it's up to the player to decide what to do. However, it is recommended that you complete missions and advance in order to gain new equipment and weapons.
  • There are quite a few new characters that can join you in the locations.
  • Different fractions, such as: "Zionists" and "Alkida."
  • Enjoy a career as a professional warrior.
  • Search and explore new locations.
  • You can find a date and buy a house.
  • Over 30 new maps to explore!

• Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Backup "Core" folder
  • Delete these folders: Core\campaign, entities, gui, locale, sound, sprites, tables,tiles
  • Download and unzip URM archives from moddb
0.895.2 (Installer)
  • Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Install Unofficial Patch Plus (optional).
  • Install this mod.
  • - Launch game from the mod shortcut.
  • !!! The mod is rated 18+. There are scenes of a sexual nature and violence. The author may have overdone it, but he didn't mean to offend anyone (from the author).
  • Added a fix and translation from Alex Rove.
  • Added FT Improver 2.0 by Jarekfall (URM_Improver folder).
  • Added HRP 1.0 by Mash.
  • New image of the main menu and icons.
  • Does not overwrite the original game (Installation to subfolder).
  • An initial squad can have up to 2-4 members.
  • Removed award HMMWV (should not appear at the start) from first mission.
  • Corrected the appearance of Power Armor (The bio-defense suit was displayed).
  • In a number of locations, items have been changed/added/removed.

Last edited:
Has anyone escaped from prison island without arnold's help? for some reason he won't help me and I have spent hours trying to find the way off the island.

Sorry if this is a dumb question (I haven't modded tactics a lot and haven't even finished the game) but is this mod at all compatible with equilibrium and redux?

It is not. It basically does what they did and much more. This is more like a total overhaul.

So which would be best for a playthrough in your opinion, this or those?
If you want what is basically the original campaign with tweaked, balanced equipment, play equilibrium/redux. If you haven't finished the basic game yet, that's probably what I'd recommend.

Then afterwards, try this campaign. It has a much larger campaign world with lots of new quests and gameplay.

Oh nvm..., I suppose this needs to be done after most quests are finished as some npcs are dead, any extra quests are added?

Guys I'm noting my observations concerning this mod's bugs and possible fixes (great mod btw), but I'm stuck with a really annoying issue, I gave a deathclaw a tesla armor (other armors change its appearance except this), when worn it gives him 90% damage resistance, it became invulnerable to fire arms, when I remove the armor it dies easily, is it intended to be like that or maybe it is not supposed to wear armor in first place?

Guys I'm noting my observations concerning this mod's bugs and possible fixes (great mod btw), but I'm stuck with a really annoying issue, I gave a deathclaw a tesla armor (other armors change its appearance except this), when worn it gives him 90% damage resistance, it became invulnerable to fire arms, when I remove the armor it dies easily, is it intended to be like that or maybe it is not supposed to wear armor in first place?
As I recall, a Deathclaw shouldn't be able to wear armor at all. So that sounds like a bug. However, I noticed that a Tesla armor I found in this mod (maybe Quartz?) when equipped looked like the character sprite wasn't wearing any armor, so there's something fishy about that armor in the first place.

I also noticed that the long-standing Felicia bomb bug in Quartz is still there (bomb explodes pretty much instantly for no reason, but you still get the quest to save her completed) and for some reason when I spoke to the Mayor about saving his wife, General Barnaky appeared in the Mayor's office. That's never happened to me before, so I suspect someone's been mucking in the code on these self-install versions Pyran's been posting.

If you read the information before installation, you know that there is a small patch from Alex Rove. Previously, no one had complained about this.
1. Send a save with this scene. In some cases, you need to move the game files into the folder with the mod. But I have not personally encountered such a situation.
2. I will update the installer, and give a choice with\without a patch.

Last edited:
If you read the information before installation, you know that there is a small patch from Alex Rove. Previously, no one had complained about this.
1. Send a save with this scene. In some cases, you need to move the game files into the folder with the mod. But I have not personally encountered such a situation.
2. I will update the installer, and give a choice with\without a patch.
Here's a save from just after completing the mission in Quartz. Ugly is dead, the Mayor has given me the reward (even though his wife blew up in the first turn of the fight) and General Barnaky is in the Mayor's office. Also, the first character is wearing Tesla armor.

Attachments

Back