Fallout Tactics mod Xkcon's ultimate rip off (0.895)

As I recall, a Deathclaw shouldn't be able to wear armor at all. So that sounds like a bug. However, I noticed that a Tesla armor I found in this mod (maybe Quartz?) when equipped looked like the character sprite wasn't wearing any armor, so there's something fishy about that armor in the first place.

I also noticed that the long-standing Felicia bomb bug in Quartz is still there (bomb explodes pretty much instantly for no reason, but you still get the quest to save her completed) and for some reason when I spoke to the Mayor about saving his wife, General Barnaky appeared in the Mayor's office. That's never happened to me before, so I suspect someone's been mucking in the code on these self-install versions Pyran's been posting.

I can equip deathclaws any armor, their sprite change except with that specific tesla armor, found couple of armor specific for ghouls and super mutants but in general armors/armor rating in a total mess in this mod.

Right now I'm playing on insane and it's a little bit more challenging, but still not deep into the missions.

As for Quartz and saving the girl from the bomb, I peaked from behind the door, shot with a minigun one of the guys and the bullet accidentally hit her so she started running toward the door, so the explosion didn't kill her.

Sorry for my language skills, I've got a problem.

I'm trying to find parts for E91-OCX [Transmitter in "Truth Finder Facility" near Greenville] in Forbidden City, but i can't find it anywhere!

I've been in Communication Center, where I found a fax, claiming that can I find it in Trade Towers. I've killed pretty much everything [even those f*cking deathclaws, pain in the ass...] and... I'm stuck on the doors of the penultimate level of the Tower A. I don't know where can I find those parts [and key for those doors], someone can help?

Sorry for my language skills, I've got a problem.

I'm trying to find parts for E91-OCX [Transmitter in "Truth Finder Facility" near Greenville] in Forbidden City, but i can't find it anywhere!

I've been in Communication Center, where I found a fax, claiming that can I find it in Trade Towers. I've killed pretty much everything [even those f*cking deathclaws, pain in the ass...] and... I'm stuck on the doors of the penultimate level of the Tower A. I don't know where can I find those parts [and key for those doors], someone can help?
If I recall (been a long time since i was in Forbidden City) the key you're looking for is somewhere in one of the offices at the top level of Tower B.

If I recall (been a long time since i was in Forbidden City) the key you're looking for is somewhere in one of the offices at the top level of Tower B.

I found one, with "8A3" letters on it, but that key opens doors in middle of Tower nr. 2. Where exactly I can find that parts for Transmitter?

Here's a save from just after completing the mission in Quartz. Ugly is dead, the Mayor has given me the reward (even though his wife blew up in the first turn of the fight) and General Barnaky is in the Mayor's office. Also, the first character is wearing Tesla armor.
I didn't see General Barnaki, I went around the whole map.
Tesla armor and the player's avatar are not displayed (from your save).
!But, if start the game from the beginning, then there is an avatar, and the Tesla armor is displayed correctly. ... and Tesla armor m2, displayed as leather armor.
-I will update the compilation today.-

I didn't see General Barnaki, I went around the whole map.
Tesla armor and the player's avatar are not displayed (from your save).
!But, if start the game from the beginning, then there is an avatar, and the Tesla armor is displayed correctly. ... and Tesla armor m2, displayed as leather armor.
-I will update the compilation today.-
That's odd. I wonder if the differences are caused by me not having the Unofficial Patch Plus installed. Because I started a new game after the one that save came from, and every single one of those bugs - the lack of avatar for the MC, the Tesla armor bought in Quartz being invisible, General Barnaky appearing in the Mayor's office after defeating the BR Occupation forces - all happened again. I could try uninstalling and re-installing with the Unofficial Patch Plus but I think I'll wait until I finish this playthrough before doing that.

Thanks for checking it out!

That's odd. I wonder if the differences are caused by me not having the Unofficial Patch Plus installed. Because I started a new game after the one that save came from, and every single one of those bugs - the lack of avatar for the MC, the Tesla armor bought in Quartz being invisible, General Barnaky appearing in the Mayor's office after defeating the BR Occupation forces - all happened again. I could try uninstalling and re-installing with the Unofficial Patch Plus but I think I'll wait until I finish this playthrough before doing that.

Thanks for checking it out!
I checked FT_1.27 + a clean version of URoM (with and without fix and upatch) - Barnakey is missing.

URM 0.895.3 has been updated
  • In the text, extra brackets have been deleted, which could negatively affect the game.
  • The ability to choose a variant of the game with or without a fix.
  • A new picture of the main menu.
  • Fixed prefabs.
  • 2 locations have been moved from water to land (it looks more logical).
  • maybe something else...

Last edited:
I checked FT_1.27 + a clean version of URoM (with and without fix and upatch) - Barnakey is missing.

URM 0.895.3 has been updated
  • In the text, extra brackets have been deleted, which could negatively affect the game.
  • The ability to choose a variant of the game with or without a fix.
  • A new picture of the main menu.
  • Fixed prefabs.
  • 2 locations have been moved from water to land (it looks more logical).
  • maybe something else...
I'm using latest 895.3 version and cannot get past character creating screen. Using "modify" option but it keep saying I have to spread stats so none of them "red". Obviously none of them are, I've tried 5\5\5\5\5\ etc character - it still not working. Clean install, running with w9x bat.
Well picking default Mick and doing same things fixed the problem.

Last edited:
I'm using latest 895.3 version and cannot get past character creating screen. Using "modify" option but it keep saying I have to spread stats so none of them "red". Obviously none of them are, I've tried 5\5\5\5\5\ etc character - it still not working. Clean install, running with w9x bat.
1. w9x - to run on older win95/98 systems (or if improver doesn't work), runs the usual bos.exe, to work on windows xp and higher, it is better to run using URoM.lnk (from desktop) or URM.bat\URM_s.bat (from mod directory).
2. If 0.895.3 is installed, then instead of the "create" button, the button is called "don't use". This is written in the readme in the folder with the mod and it is also shown before installation (this is not my personal requirement).
3. Starting characters (prefab) can be modified (All 3 bat-files and lnk work and can modify the character).
p.s.:
There is an old version of Fallout tactics on the Internet (for example, FT 2.0.0.8 from GOG, it has problems with the registry and mods do not work with it. You need to clean the registry and cleanly install the current version 2.1.0.12).

Last edited:

I can confirm it is a prefab character's bug, as I experienced this on my mod as well. The prefab stats or other characteristics must have been manually changed in the Entity editor in a way that the numbers does not add up in a normal way, creating this behaviour even if no stats are red. The only solution is to modify another character as you experienced, which will work in a per character basis.

Help. I'm in Fortress City. Where is the murderer and how do I punch gartner? I click him and just get his excuse.

How do I get married in the game?

1. w9x - to run on older win95/98 systems (or if improver doesn't work), runs the usual bos.exe, to work on windows xp and higher, it is better to run using URoM.lnk (from desktop) or URM.bat\URM_s.bat (from mod directory).
2. If 0.895.3 is installed, then instead of the "create" button, the button is called "don't use". This is written in the readme in the folder with the mod and it is also shown before installation (this is not my personal requirement).
3. Starting characters (prefab) can be modified (All 3 bat-files and lnk work and can modify the character).
p.s.:
There is an old version of Fallout tactics on the Internet (for example, FT 2.0.0.8 from GOG, it has problems with the registry and mods do not work with it. You need to clean the registry and cleanly install the current version 2.1.0.12).
Other bat's doesnt work for me throwing "no record in windows registry" error. I'm using steam version. Also there is no names for towns on global maps, only circles, is it always was like that?

Other bat's doesnt work for me throwing "no record in windows registry" error. I'm using steam version. Also there is no names for towns on global maps, only circles, is it always was like that?
1. It worked fine on win10.
2. Location without a name - I can't say for sure, but there were several.
3. "no record in windows registry" - it looks like the same error... Check out run another mod, example, Lost in the Wastelands.
If the same error appears:
1. you need to delete the game
2. remove from the registry any mention of the game (manually or regorganizer, example).
3. install game and mod again.
Otherwise, no mod with Improver will start.
Or play as you are playing now, but some mods require launching via Improver.
I am not aware of another correction option.

I keep running into a lot of bugs, both with .895 and .895.3

895:
1: Doors lock up the game. The door on the third floor at the FC Hospital crashes the game. The door at the FC police station behind the sheriff locks up and crashes the game.
2: Chili Cult never gives the uniform after putting weapons in the crate.
3:Can't open the crate in the SLC police station to get to Prison Island.
4: The top house you can buy in FC is never available.

The rest are questions:
1: How do you get gauge without laying waste to the mafia family?
2: How do you get upstairs in the Quartz police station buy getting passed the cop in front of the stairs?
3: How do I give Mein Kampf to the Nazis so I can loot all their crap? I don't want to kill them immediately since I want to see where the
4: How do I get all of Gino's girls? Usually, I only get one to join, sometimes two. Again, I want to do this properly and I don't want to kill him if there is more to do with him after becoming a pimp?
5: FC, How do I deal with the hooker at the red door?
6: How do I get deeper into the the cloning lab?
7: Is there anything else to do in Forbidden Zone other than the book quest? If so, how do I get it started?
8:The radio station type place. How do I fix things to get it all working?
9: I have no idea where the foil is to give to the girl in SLC.
10: Can you marry one of the girls from FC, Ridgeway, or the bimbo who had me kill her husband, or just the girl from SLC?

I tried starting it, but got this message in the photo. But from the second message, the BOS file is there.
01.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
What do I need to do?
xkcon: Ultimate Rip Off Mod (Fallout Tactics)
Author: xkcon
Release: ~2016
Copyright: Bethesda Softworks LLC.
This is an expansion of the original campaign, adds new missions and quests, changes some of the original ones. There is an option to ignore the main quests and explore the world. In fact, it's up to the player to decide what to do. However, it is recommended that you complete missions and advance in order to gain new equipment and weapons.
  • There are quite a few new characters that can join you in the locations.
  • Different fractions, such as: "Zionists" and "Alkida."
  • Enjoy a career as a professional warrior.
  • Search and explore new locations.
  • You can find a date and buy a house.
  • Over 30 new maps to explore!

• Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Backup "Core" folder
  • Delete these folders: Core\campaign, entities, gui, locale, sound, sprites, tables,tiles
  • Download and unzip URM archives from moddb
0.895.2 (Installer)
  • Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Install Unofficial Patch Plus (optional).
  • Install this mod.
  • - Launch game from the mod shortcut.
  • !!! The mod is rated 18+. There are scenes of a sexual nature and violence. The author may have overdone it, but he didn't mean to offend anyone (from the author).

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I keep running into a lot of bugs, both with .895 and .895.3

895:
1: Doors lock up the game. The door on the third floor at the FC Hospital crashes the game. The door at the FC police station behind the sheriff locks up and crashes the game.
2: Chili Cult never gives the uniform after putting weapons in the crate.
3:Can't open the crate in the SLC police station to get to Prison Island.
4: The top house you can buy in FC is never available.

The rest are questions:
1: How do you get gauge without laying waste to the mafia family?
2: How do you get upstairs in the Quartz police station buy getting passed the cop in front of the stairs?
3: How do I give Mein Kampf to the Nazis so I can loot all their crap? I don't want to kill them immediately since I want to see where the
4: How do I get all of Gino's girls? Usually, I only get one to join, sometimes two. Again, I want to do this properly and I don't want to kill him if there is more to do with him after becoming a pimp?
5: FC, How do I deal with the hooker at the red door?
6: How do I get deeper into the the cloning lab?
7: Is there anything else to do in Forbidden Zone other than the book quest? If so, how do I get it started?
8:The radio station type place. How do I fix things to get it all working?
9: I have no idea where the foil is to give to the girl in SLC.
10: Can you marry one of the girls from FC, Ridgeway, or the bimbo who had me kill her husband, or just the girl from SLC?

I tried starting it, but got this message in the photo. But from the second message, the BOS file is there. View attachment 26968 View attachment 26968 View attachment 26969 What do I need to do?
RE that startup message - not sure if it's the same issue I had, but I was having problems with some mods not working using that same exact game path (C:\Fallout Tactics) - for whatever reason, it worked fine after I changed the install path to (C:\Games\Fallout Tactics). ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

I just tried that. Same error.

RE that startup message - not sure if it's the same issue I had, but I was having problems with some mods not working using that same exact game path (C:\Fallout Tactics) - for whatever reason, it worked fine after I changed the install path to (C:\Games\Fallout Tactics). ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

This mod has been in development hiatus for a few years. Many bugs are caused by leaving areas and returning to them if that is the case your game is now broken.

as for the questions,
1. don't know, not done that part yet.
2. don't think you're supposed to be able to.
3. I took the mein kampf to the american history x crew. the girl had been taken by the gangers opposite. once i rescued her I was able to talk to the members of the crew and give the boy back his book. The gangers have some serious weaponry and are on drugs so watch out.
4. not done it.
5. i think if you talk to her she asks for drugs. she will give you a tour of the fc bar if you give her drugs. i just took her to the recruits master and conscripted her.
6. you can get right to the end of the cloning lab, and create clones there. there is one store room you will never find the key to. the rest is trading the right parts with the right monitors. the electric floor is tricky to get past. it depends which squares you walk on to a large extent. to make clones there you will need dna samples from the pyramid where xckon is.
7. Yes there is the missing part for the satellite relay link which will in theory tell you the location of the pyramid. watch out for deathclaws in the left twin tower.
8. the satellite relay (radio) place, most of the parts but one are there to fix things. The final part is in the forbidden zone.
9. it's there, keep looking. but she won't join you, she friend zones you.
10. don't know. i didn't marry anyone yet

as for the questions,
9. it's there, keep looking. but she won't join you, she friend zones you.
You can find the foil in the ruined building between the junkyard (where you ditch the getaway cars) and Neil's safehouse. If you give her both poetry books and the foil she will join you. There might be other triggers (maybe reputation or something.) She's one of the best recruits I've found.

Good to see people still playing this and helping each other out since the op is AWOL. It is the best mod for Tactics even with the flaws. It was just ambitious as fuck.

Back