Your Favourite Fallout game?

Your favorite Fallout game

• Total voters
Fallout 2 was my introduction to the series (not long after it released). I eventually went back and played Fallout 1 but wasn't really all that impressed. The hidden time limit rubbed me the wrong way, as did the limited item sets after being exposed to Fallout 2. I was a Douglas Adams fan so the off kilter zaniness of 2 didn't diminish the gritty realism, it just counterpointed it and offered a bit of levity from time to time (I was in my teens at the time, though).

Perhaps, now that I'm a mature adult that can see past the limited item potential and poor AI, I might just replay Fallout 1.. I just really remember hating the Death Claw bit ..

I loathed tactics at the time but, after seeing my assumptions of an upward trajectory in game design falter with the closing of Troika and Black Isles, my standards have been lowered enough to potentially incorporate it.

I played 80 hours of Fallout 3 and enjoyed the first 2/3rds but never, in any way shape or form, was a contender against the originals. I just took it in stride that Fallout was dead and was happy to play something even remotely associated.

I hated Fallout 3 so much that I haven't bothered with New Vegas and probably won't till the data patch rolls out.

Black Feather said:
Millim said:
And I too really want to play BoS but I'm scarred that it may ruin Fallout for me.

Why would you want that? Thats like wanting to listen Justin Biebers fucking Pink Floyd cover...

I think I just died inside

Fallout 2>Fallout 1|Fallout NV>Fallout 3>Fallout Tactics>The game that must not be named...
I dont know why i prefer Fallout 2 to Fallout 1 they both had a great story great atmosphere,gameplay characters,quests, etc etc
But i just prefer fallout 2...Fallout NV and FO 1 are both number 2 for me :D
Fallout tactics, now i hate the day i ever lay sight on this game simply because i really do love the concept i mean ffs you are in the brotherhood, and not just some quest or becoming a initiate or paladin through some remarkable feat of service to BoS but an ACTUAL member and the whole tactics aspect of it was awesome...but it was semi real time...fuck that it just dosent work, if it was turn based it would take u a lot longer to complete every skirmish but it would also have worked a lot better imo.
If it was Turn based i think i might like it more than i do fo3

Fallout 1: Cool atmosphere and some nice characters, although the features were a bit lacking for me (because I played F2 first).

Fallout 2: My favourite because it was the first Fallout game I played, I would probably have preferred Fallout 1 if I had played it before Fallout 2 but the better features of Fallout 2 (like the friendly/foe colors, better party inventory management, trade, ...) made it just better for me.

Another reason why I find it better is the evolution process you go through: you start like a caveman with nothing but his fists and a spear in a shithole tribal village and you end the game with a powerarmour, a car and your own ship.

Also the factions are kind of cool in this game: slavers <-> rangers, the big factions/cities competing against each other, many political & ideological differences between the factions.

Fallout 3: A shooter/combat RPG game, dialogue and storyline become secondary to the combat system and technical features of the game (like the graphics). Also, the game feels like it s made for 9 year old kids: "Waa, I want my daddy" is a bit the summary of how this game feels and starts. Features like "atomic bomb gun" which gives a big nice boom were apearantly more important than a mature storyline and a mature gameperspective on sex and drugs.

[spoiler:1443bbfc09] The inability to shoot anoying kids is just the drop that made me hate this game, especially at a moment when you encounter some toddlers who made themselves a little kamp in a cave for kids only making you unable to enter unless you sweat talk them. That s the Fallout 3 feeling for me: you can be totally bad ass and blow up a town with a nuke making you a mass murderer, but when you encounter some kids calling you names in a cave you have to sweat talk their tiny asses to get past them.[/spoiler:1443bbfc09]

Little Lamplight was the reason for me to download the killable kids mod. I think it was a failed attempt of Bethesda to recreate fallouty Humor.

I can't decide between 1-2. I still have them on my comp and i play them sometimes.

F3 was.. well utter crap.

New Vegas is bringing The Feeling back! I was very sceptical when i got it. But in the end i was liking it.
NV still lacks something but it's very good if you compare it to Failouch3

Fallout 2 is with no doubt the best.
I miss the days where the story was good, and instead of a day of playing, you could explore the game for weeks and still find something new. Fallout 1 wasn't that good, at least i think so. The story was good but i couldn't really get into the mood and the game just didn't suit me in some kind of way. Fallout 3 wasn't the best in the story, but it was fun to play and the new shooter-like controls were quite entertaining. The DLC'S were quite fun too. I never played Fallout Tactics, but i think i will buy it this year. Fallout: BOS was shit. I got it from a friend who gave me his Xbox because he was buying a PS2. He had 38 or so games, and BOS was one of them. The music kicked ass, but the game sucked ass.

Point Lookout was the best DLC out of the bunch for sure, but it still wasn't great, I mean those dumb hillbillies where stronger then Deathclaws, talk about unbalanced.

Black Feather said:
Little Robot said:
Witcher10 said:
The DLC'S were quite fun too.

:seriouslyno:

The Fallout 3 DLC's were pretty awful.

The Pitt and Point Lookout were great. Mothership Zeta was awful though.

I agree my good sir!
The Pitt and Point Lookout were good. Point Lookout was based on Innsmouth, for your information. I thought Mothership Zeta would be fun, but it seriously sucked.

Back