Your Favourite Fallout game?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Millim, Oct 13, 2010.

Your favorite Fallout game

1. Fallout

93.0%
  2. Fallout 2

2.6%
  3. Fallout 3

1.1%
  4. Fallout: New Vegas

2.2%
  5. Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel

1.1%
  6. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SealyStar

SealyStar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 23, 2012
    I know, right? And it's got so much action, compared with how slow and turn-based Fallout 1 and 2 are. Not to mention the wonderful 3d, and almost all the characters have dialogue!

/sarcasm

2. Izual

Izual Pipe rifle & chopsticks

Sep 18, 2009
    True! Also story is a LOT deeper than Fallout, especially Fallout 2. "Bad president, me go kill president"? Seriously..!

3. SealyStar

Mar 23, 2012
    Not to mention how memorable the characters are. I mean, who's ever going to forget Armpit, Ruby, and Attis? No one! But no one is ever going to remember who Cassidy, Goris, Sulik, or Myron are. In fact, who the hell are they?

4. MelonHead

MelonHead First time out of the vault

May 6, 2012
    I heard that game sucked :|

5. SealyStar

Mar 23, 2012
    I sure hope you didn't seriously miss the sarcasm.

6. MelonHead

MelonHead First time out of the vault

May 6, 2012
    Don't worry I didn't

7. BFox17

BFox17 Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 20, 2012
    Close tie between Fallout 2 and New Vegas, but Vegas for me :D

8. Mistrz

Mistrz Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 28, 2009
    I voted Fallout Tactics, cause I love the game and knew it won`t get enough attention (it`s underrated IMO). I equaly like Fallout 1/2/T. F:NV is nice, F3 is not. Haven`t played F:BOS. But in the end if I had to choose best one, I say Fallout 2. Whole tribal feel and Frank Horrigan are close to my heart (among ton of diferent things of course).

9. plaidchuck

plaidchuck It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 4, 2012
    I dunno I'm well into NV now and some things still disappoint me, like how many locations are just a reason to house a star bottle cap and some other story things that don't make sense (just off the top of my head since I just completed it, Helios One, with all of their bodies and resources the NCR can't have someone run past some turrets and kill a robobrain and a few protectrons?)

Don't get me wrong the game is a vast improvement with the faction system and it is much more similar to the first two, but it seems the sins of the past kind of crept into this game as well.

10. TheCourier

TheCourier First time out of the vault

Jun 3, 2012
    I've only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I really love New Vegas. I'm just getting around to playing the original Fallout and I love it so far.

11. For NCR

For NCR It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 1, 2012
    Fallout 2 just can't be competed with ANY game besides the first one and Wasteland (God, I love that game.)

We not only see the continuation of Fallout, but one done right. With so many fun missions and improved mechanics, it's superior. Who said RPGs can't be funny?

12. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    I always thought it was Fallout 2 but I recently realized that the original game was much more... let's say graceful. I read this analysis of the opening and basically found myself nodding all the time. Too true.

13. oxidize

oxidize It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 18, 2012
    How can anyone compare Fallot 3 to Fallout 2 is beyond my comprehension... The only thing similar in these two games is the title...
    Fallout 3 is more like a game for retards compared to Fallout 2.
    just my 2 cents....
    a wise man said long time ago: graphics don't make a good game...

14. For NCR

For NCR It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 1, 2012
    First off, have you seen Fallout 3 and NV's graphics? To put it into simple terms: They are bad.

15. oxidize

oxidize It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 18, 2012
    yeah, I've seen them, Oblivion engine... terrible.
    it's a blasphemy to put the Fallout 2 and Fallout 3 in the same sentence

16. BFox17

Apr 20, 2012
    I honestly didn't find NV's graphics that bad. But then again, graphics aren't extremely important to me in terms of a good game. But then again, I don't want the graphics to be extremely ugly either, I want them to be at least acceptable.

I'm content with graphics like this for example:

Of course, wouldn't it be lazy for developers nowadays to be very sloppy with the graphics when they have the potential to make them look good?

17. CthuluIsSpy

CthuluIsSpy A Smooth-Skin

Dec 20, 2011
    I would say FONV myself.
    The other FO games are great, but its always FONV that I find myself replaying.

18. Dowjin

Dowjin First time out of the vault

Jun 14, 2012
    Having played them all, my top 5.

1. Fallout Tactics, is the one that I've replayed the most.

2. Fallout 3, was entertaining to explore.

3. Fallout 1, had a compelling story.

4. Fallout 2, had nice gameplay.

5. Fallout NV, hardcore is a welcome addition

19. CthuluIsSpy

CthuluIsSpy A Smooth-Skin

Dec 20, 2011
    Hell yeah it is. I always play with Hardcore mode on in my playthroughs. FO3 should have had that, imo.

20. BFox17

Apr 20, 2012
    Considering how long I take in my play-throughs, Hardcore mode would have made the game an un-enjoyable experience to me.