Your Favourite Fallout game?

Your favorite Fallout game

• Total voters
1. Fallout 2
2. Fallout 1
3. Fallout 3 (with a load of mods)
4. New Vegas (because I've only played a few hours)
5. Tactics

I'm pretty sure NV will be better than Fo3 once I've played it a bit.

popej said:
1. Fallout 2
2. Fallout 1
3. Fallout 3 (with a load of mods)
4. New Vegas (because I've only played a few hours)
5. Tactics

I'm pretty sure NV will be better than Fo3 once I've played it a bit.

I didn't like New Vegas when I first started playing it. It seemed really boring to me. However, once you get deeper into the game, it becomes fantastic. I've probably put at least 120 hours into the game, and I haven't even seen half of the content it offers. Be warned though, the DLC's can be a little... offputting. Honest Hearts seemed kind of rushed, Dead Money had a good narrative, however, the gameplay was a bit linear and hard (for all of the wrong reasons), and Lonesome Road is a bit linear (though I don't mind it in Lonesome Road) but the story is kind of weird. OWB is good, but the initial 30 minute dialogue can be offputting, so can the (well done) fetch quests.

I very much liked the opening dialouge in OWB. Never understood why so many people complained.

It's so well-written, but it is kind of a slog. I loved OWB, but distributing every bit of relevant plot detail between an extensive conversation at the beginning and one at the end wasn't the best design choice from a pacing standpoint.

If there's one thing I didn't like, it was the immature "What are those on it's feet? Penises?"

The best thing about New Vegas was that you got to create the character. Whereas in F3 it just seemed that you had to follow a set path to have the best outcome. New Vegas allowed you to become a hero of the wastes, while enslaving them at the same time. It let you have more freedom and expanded upon storys in F2 (such as Marcus and the jazz player who slept with that girl in new reno)
The DLC's also expanded more on your character. All they did was build up to that point when the two Couriers meet.

I picked Fallout 2.

Maybe it's just because it's what I played first.

Tempted by all the hype in this very thread, I gave Fallout 1 another playthrough. And I was indeed able to appreciate some things even more than before (especially how well thought out many of the random encounters were). I also had to once again acknowledge that the plot is very good.

The engine isn't entirely bad, either. It lacks the terrible corpse bug that plagues burst weapons in Fallout 2.

But to me, Fallout 1 simply does not have the feeling of great freedom and challenge of Fallout 2. You are rushed through it, and you have less freedom over your party. It is too damn short, and too damn easy. In Fallout 2, saving the world is a monumental task, and you do not simply breeze through it in a couple of real-world days.

In FO2 you have a huge world to explore. One of the things I like is how different sections of the map have very different types of encounters, with some areas simply too dangerous to set foot in with a young character. Fallout 1 had this with the Military Base area, but FO2 took the concept further. The overall difficulty level is much higher, and the proper challenge makes it more fun to me. You cannot just get a few good items and then walk through everything, as you pretty much can in FO1, but you really have to BUILD your character patiently to tackle the increasingly challenging tasks of the game. And you also have much more freedom about managing your party, which adds a fascinating element.

Some don't like the primitive tribals or the goofy stuff. I can see their point, but I'm not bothered by the goofy stuff. And I think it adds appeal to the game that you get to build your character from a primitive tribal into a modern one-man army. I like the idea that parts of the world really were struck back into Stone Age, and then you get to slowly work your way back...at the beginning, you have a spear and healing powder and you hunt geckos for food, rather than of being handed a 10mm Pistol and stimpacks right away like in FO1. In FO2, the 10mm is a valuable item that you have to wait some time for, and I like that.

In short: to me, Fallout 1 has always felt like just a well-made appetizer for the real adventure that is Fallout 2.

FO3 I have not tried yet, but plan to do so in the future.

I loved New Vegas, but after the first playthrough, the bugginess got really tiresome. Also, I do not appreciate the way these new Fallout games did combat. I used to be a hardcore 3d gamer, and the half-assed quake-wannabe 3d combat really got on my nerves. The FPS interface was not properly configurable, and it was inconsistent and buggy. Do it proper or don't do it at all, I say. I'd rather have a proper 3d gaming experience as in any modern FPS, or a purely brains-only combat system like the turn-based one of the original Fallouts. I also disliked the choices you were forced to make at the end of the game. Even so, I find the New Vegas is worthy of bearing the name of Fallout.

*sees Brotherhood of Steel is on the list*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Okay, okay, in all seriousness I think Fallout 3 is my favorite. But only because it was my first real RPG along with being my first Fallout. Now, having played the other Fallouts, I realize how some can say it's terrible. But it will always hold a 'special place in my heart'. A glitchy, poorly written, Diarrhea-like Graphical, Black & White place in my heart <3

I would have to say I like them equally, it's like picking your favourite child.
I like Fallout 3, but New Vegas was better as it had so many improvements and better characters. Whereas Fallout 1 and 2 are tied with each other really and have great storylines, characters and settings but I never really liked the turn based combat but I still liked the games as a whole.
If I had to choose, New Vegas would be my favourite.

Fallout 2-When I think of Fallout, this is the game I think of.
Fallout-Classic but short.
FNV-Amazing game. Redeemed the series for me.
Fallout 3-:falloutonline:
Fallout Tactics-Canon breaking shit makes me put Tactics at the low end of the list. Still a worthy entry to the franchise, but I prefer RPG's personally. I think Tactics deserves to be above 3, but think the story elements drags it down, and I don't personally like the gameplay.
Fallout POS- Should be on the list as a reminder of how fucked up Interplay can be.

Fallout 2 and Fallout 1 are at the same score for me. The first has some pretty good moments for a laugh, the second is a really well-done, enthuasiastic RPG experience.

On the follow-up is Tactics. It's simply great. Great visuals, great gameplay.

Then you have New Vegas. I get turned away by the ugly engine, and its DLCs. The story is pretty decent, but I think the dialogue missed some roleplaying parts, as well as some quests.

Anything beyond that I rate as junk.

My favorite is fallout 2. I liked it's gameplay more than first fallout and actually i liked the story better too although i never finished first fallout i tried it twice bit first time i played it game crashed when i went to cathedral and second time game crashed when i made that mutant base to explode so i never finished it but i played through most of it, but in first fallout i liked brotherhood of steel more and they are my favorite group in fallouts. But fallout 2 is first of fallout i played so it has best left in my memory.
As for other fallouts i liked them too but not as much definitely worth playing through for the story. I don't know why everyone here says fallout 3 was bad i actually liked it more than new vegas. My least favorite of fallouts is fallout tactics i didn't like that there wasn't that freedom which is in other fallouts but still playable i have made it to the last level but hadn't had willpower to finish it because the last missions are very long. Fallout bos i havent played it i couldn't get it to work on PC so i cant judge it.

Yea so my favorite is fallout 2.

Back