Why modern games are worse and worse with passing years?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by 0wing, Sep 16, 2017.

1. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    So then he knew dany was 1000s of miles away and nothing makes sense.

2. lolpop109

lolpop109 Vault Dweller
    Modder

Jul 14, 2016
    Well yeah nothing makes sense really. But just my biggest problem with the story was it just felt rushed. So many stroys just got ended off. Feels like they should of spread it out over more episodes maybe. I guess tha thte problems though when you dont have the books to go on because it will always seem rushed as it made for TV

3. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    No the biggest problem is that a formerly well written show now fails to make basic sense.

4. Danuis

Danuis Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 6, 2016
    That's just to be expected when source material runs out. Hellsing Anime, Pumpkin Scissors, GOT....

Never adapt something which isn't complete in the original media. It ends up with boards of executives pulling shit out of their asses.

5. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    Reminds me of the "Navigation button" in Bioshlock infinite that would just literally always point forward because the game was that linear. I mean, at least Oddyssey is an openworld Exploration-collectathon.

Why are you fuckers talking about Game of Snores anyway? There is already a thread for talking about that kind of thing on the order, the Quaffer Shot thread.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    It's not an optional mode at all, the game always tells you that the quest will be over with all progress lost, should the dark rot reach Senua's head.

And it's a bluff, it doesn't happen no matter how often you die, the game lies to you. Which makes sense given the game's nature. You're dealing with unreliable narration on several levels.

7. Danuis

Danuis Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 6, 2016
    Holy fucking shit, that's just...terribad.

8. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    That's lame. I wish they had the balls to do that with a game.

And it makes TB's tantrum even lamer.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
  10. TheAdversary

TheAdversary Curious Incubus

Jun 25, 2017
    I'm fine with how it was handled. The big thing with Hellblade is that it goes out of its way to make the player one with Senua. The progress reset ploy helps incite a sense of desperation, making the player very cautious about his/her actions. Even if they did have that feature, I would have appreciated the game a little better, but I'm relatively content with it.

Already read it on CI, as I cannot tolerate most gaming "journalism" sites. It helps explain all the times I've played BO3 and lost because my teammates had the collective intelligence of a spoon. The microtransaction bit is really scummy, but not surprising at all. Activision is already known for being the first company to greenlight placing microtransactions in a "remaster."

11. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2007
    Sick, but indicative of the coming culture.

*And so it repeats again; where the elders stand aghast at the next generation's complete lack of respect for all things important, and in a way they could hardly ever believe... There is nothing new under the Sun.

**And it'll get worse as the time passes; and it will repeat for them.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  12. paeng

paeng First time out of the vault

Jan 10, 2007
    Consoles, increasing competition, and large amounts of credit at stake.

13. CaptJ

CaptJ The Rival of Roquefort Hall

Jan 19, 2016
    Increased competition isn't suppose to make things worse.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2007
    Once it becomes (relatively) easy, anyone can do it out of their house. In fact, the developers of 'War For The Overworld' said, they had no experience making games before the Kickstarter.

15. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    The "problem" with game journalists is that people think that the bloggers and personalities that call themselves such represent the entire profession. If you dislike them so much, what about not outraging at their clickbait and other shit? Which is their entire purpose, of course.

Also LOL thios thread. Whine center. Albeit @TheAdversary with the droplets of wisdom as always :notworthy: