Your craziest ideas for a setting?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Crni Vuk, Aug 31, 2017.

1. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Very true, and just starting to think about various locations gets my imagination racing, for example Aztek-themed, with lots of warring factions -
    or a story-driven RPG set in the Inca empire, hell they even had running couriers!

Not to mention Africa, such as Songhai Empire, or again, something more story driven set in any remote African location, like deepest Congo or Zulu lands

(And of course, middle eastern locations, as have been mentioned before, my favorite setting being Sumerian)

2. Ben Soto

Ben Soto Professional Salt Shaker

Jul 7, 2014
    It's not exactly what you're looking for, but there was an adventure game based on the books Rendezvous with Rama and Rama II (though it's sort of like a reboot in that it takes place during Rama II and the ship in question is Rama II, but the first Rama ship, and by extension, Rendezvous with Rama, didn't come to our solar system and Rama II is treated like Rama I.)

Here's Ross Scott of Freeman's Mind fame covering the game.

RAMA RAMA RAMA RAMA

3. Unorthodox Outlander

Unorthodox Outlander First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2017
    Fantasy Noir?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. mobucks

mobucks moobs Orderite

May 22, 2010
    More like neo-fantasy

5. Supreme Shah Ismail

Supreme Shah Ismail Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Sep 17, 2016
    Pretty much yeah.

6. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

The idea you mentioned sounds a lot like World of Darkness setting.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Discworld Noir? While it is not in the real world, it is "Detective Noir style" inspired. A bit old now.

8. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Sounds a bit like the Fables comics and Wolf Among Us by Telltale Games.

9. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    Would love to see a modern update to the Spelljammer game setting. Would love to play a new video game set in Spelljammer. Like ( a modern XCom meets Pirates) take on this old gem for example.