A chance encounter between NMA'ers

Akratus

Bleep bloop.
So I met the Dutch Ghost today. Turns out I already knew him. What are the odds?

We had this whole talk by PM without either of us realizing we go to the same school.

We had a nice conversation about fallout and RPG's though.

For discussion value: have any other NMA'ers met before?

A quick answer. No.
Quick explanation as to why. I live in Wyoming.
The odds of a NMAer being here are slim to none. If there were a NMA fan club and there were a Wyoming chapter, it would be me, right here, drinking beer and talking to myself and I do that already. Not to mention I havn't been active for quite a while and when I was I really didn't have much to contribute. Besides I don't really like meeting strangers on the interwebz as I don't want my butthole penetrated. (insert Brokeback Mountain jokes here)

The other duchies have met, too, iirc, Sander and Brother None. Lukus and Wooz have met. Brother None and Dammitboy have fired guns together. Little Robot and Candlejack have taken a romantic walk in London together. Me and Candlejack have been fairly intoxicated in the forests of Sweden together. Sicblades and Rcorporon have been to a Maiden concert together.

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

No, but I had a random Fallout guide reader recognize my name.

Per said:
Show-off. I played guitar in a horror punk band for a couple of years and some old fans recognized me in various weird locations. Like when I was on my way to work, waiting for the tram.
What do you mean, "off-topic"? :look:

I think I am the only Colombian NMAer, so until I go studying abroad in a few years the possiblity of that happening is 0.

Akratus said:
I've met Kharn/BrotherNone when we ninja'ed into the FO3 preview thing in Leipzig.

Other than that, I don't think I've met any other NMAer irl? (sorry if I forgot someone)

UniversalWolf said:
Per said:
Wait a minute...you're THAT Per? Awesome guide, dude.
It took you 1888 posts to realize Per is "that" Per?

Even with his signature & everything?

Dear god man, he's the bestest lizard!

nope, doubt there would be much chance i live on a crappy island in australia and everybody i know that plays fallout thinks it started with fallout 3, when i explain it didnt they all say its crappy graphics and i cant be bothered waiting turns( feel like shooting them then myself)

Haven't met anyone so far.
Any german NMA-folks in NRW, maybe Aachen? :D

I know there are a lot of Swedes here, so chances are I have met/will meet a fellow NMA:er without realizing :)

Dead Guy said:
The other duchies have met, too, iirc, Sander and Brother None.

Yeah, bunch of times, we tend to meet up at least once a year, usually more, for NFL.

I've also met DammitBoy in the US, SuAside when we went to preview Fallout 3 together, Wooz I visited in Warsaw. I think that's it tho', off the top of my head?

I have always wanted to meet Per, and the other NMA admins in general. Funny when you only know someone online, but for years and years.

aenemic said:
I know there are a lot of Swedes here, so chances are I have met/will meet a fellow NMA:er without realizing :)

Det finns inga svenskar här! Inte en enda.. :evil: !

Sorry for Swedish :twisted:

I_eat_supermutants said:
A quick answer. No.
Quick explanation as to why. I live in Wyoming.
The odds of a NMAer being here are slim to none. If there were a NMA fan club and there were a Wyoming chapter, it would be me, right here, drinking beer and talking to myself and I do that already. Not to mention I havn't been active for quite a while and when I was I really didn't have much to contribute. Besides I don't really like meeting strangers on the interwebz as I don't want my butthole penetrated. (insert Brokeback Mountain jokes here)

I live on the Colorado side of the border. Been up to Cheyenne any number of times, Casper a couple times for work. Pretty country.

I haven't met anyone from this forum, but I have met a lot of folks from others I frequent. Some have proven to be pretty cool. Some seem like they currently spell-checking their manifestos. However, none have attempted anal rape.

Akratus said:
So I met the Dutch Ghost today. Turns out I already knew him. What are the odds?

We had this whole talk by PM without either of us realizing we go to the same school.

We had a nice conversation about fallout and RPG's though.

That's truly incredible. You were attending the same school and didn't know it. The saying is "It's a Small World After All".

Even though I live in the USA and in a relatively populated area (Eastern Pennsylvania) I think it would totally ruin the mystique to actually meet someone IRL I only know online. Though if I did I'd totally make a party of it.

I did read Per's book (he's a published author). Does that count?

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

I've met Wooz and Silencer. The former's was initially a horror, as watching a man-mountain in a sharp suit stomp his way towards you in a crowd triggered a fight-or-flight dillema in my mind.

Turned out he didn't want my lunch money.

Tagaziel said:
I've met Wooz and Silencer. The former's was initially a horror, as watching a man-mountain in a sharp suit stomp his way towards you in a crowd triggered a fight-or-flight dillema in my mind.

Turned out he didn't want my lunch money.

Oh beautiful, I wish I could have seen that, the antelope like fear instinct appearing in Mikael's eyes, raising his nose to get the scent of the approaching predator, and then with a majestic leap... :P

Yeah pretty funny my encounter with Akratus. So here I was at the front of the coffee shop(coffee house), ordering a drink when this guy I occasionally spoke with about games enters the shop and my first reaction was "Akratus?".

I really should have asked what his name was back at school.

Through a conversation in one topic, Cimmerian Nights and I found out we lived about 10 minutes from each other. But never did actually meet, because God help anyone who has to see this mug in real life.

Back