An enemy you hated most in whole fallout series

The Wanamingos/Aliens, because it's just simply hell trying to kill them all in the Redding mines *_* Also the Press Gang encounters are another pain in my ass, because of their tendency to kill my dogs (K-9 & Dogmeat) with those god forsaken criticals.......

Shadow Who Walks. After entering raiders' hideout, the mighty tribal rushed in fearlessly and scratched my balls with spear!

2143xqr.jpg

Geckos in the Gecko cave. That whole area was frustrating if you didn't have walkthrough help (and I never did), First you find that area relatively early in game. Next, there were LOTS of them there. Geckos did knockdown and rad poisoning, made them horridly OP for your char at that point. Then environment: Boots never lasted long enough, so you were always taking damage, tribal companion was pretty much always KOd early on, useless, you'd burn a ton of consumables and red meds no matter what.

And then the icing on the shiat cake: I got there and couldn't do crap with any of what promises to be a well-stocked vault to raid (I thought) and it drove me nuts lol.

Mutated toe was fun , although I seemed to have gotten a stat skill up the first time I ran through that mission, and I never did again on any subsequent playthrough, so that wound up frustrating me too lol. Might have been a bug that got fixed, thinking back on it, gave you CHA maybe, like the Tyson fight before that got patched? Ring any bells for anyone?

Anyway, yeah, hated Gecko packs from that point forward.

Wolves and manti from a tedious standpoint, wanamingoes and floaters from a frustrating standpoint, and Enclave patrols from a flat out "oh shit" standpoint.

Surprisingly, I never minded mutants and deathclaws too much. Mutant miniguns generally had no effect on Power Armor (and they mowed down their fellow companions) and they took a ton of easy damage. Deathclaws can be considerably whittled down from a distance but those Nasty/Tough variations with 310 HP can be awful.

Which one is it and why?

For me I absolutely hated Enclave Patrols in Fallout 2. No matter how strong you are, you are just a mutie with pew pew laser in front of like 6 Enclave girls surrounding you.

Seriously hated them with passion. Basically was forced to reload whenever I met like more than 5 soldiers in an encounter.

I did just fine against Enclave. The enemy I hate most would have to be Feral Ghoul Reavers in 3 as they had too much health.

There is a saying: keep your friend close, but your enemies closer and that explains in a way what I was doing, because my companions were the biggest threat at all times, especially in Fallout 2. I always had to make sure they wouldn't mess up and kill each other by pushing them around and heal them all the time. There were so many nice big guns I would have liked to use, but it always turned into a world of pain, when I equipped my companions with them. Short answer: companions, especially Marcus, but also Sulik and sometimes Vic.. Prrretty much all of them, really. :razz:

Wolves were particularly annoying but, not too difficult.

I view Enclave patrols as more of an unstoppable natural disaster, it just swoops in and destroys anything in it's path with no way to stop it,not really an "enemy" that you can fight.

Wanamingoes probably take the gold medal in this particular competition, they have a hell of a lot of HP and deal out some high damage, though by the time I face them, they aren't really a danger to me,more so my companions.

It's irritating when I get a random encounter with a swarm of them,and they just totally obliterate Sulik or Marcus.

Lou. I really hated Lou. Like with a passion. Him and his damn stimpaks and critical hits.

That reminds me, Darion, of Vault 15 has a nasty tendency of checking my arrogance, whenever I get there. Every time I am full of confidence, and he slams me with that flamer, often with repeated criticals, and it's not unusual that I'll just die by the first turn.
Dunno if it's just me, or if the age-old bastard's got very high critical chance or something... :D

Don't remind me of Darion. I tried to sneak on him to plant him explosives and run the fuck out. He always spots me when I'm leaving, and I know I'm not telling the story.

Deathclaws in pretty much any Fallout, Cazadors in New Vegas, Enclave Patrols in Fallout 2, those uber versions of enemies in Broken Steel and the shielded Aliens in Mothership Zeta. That said I do like some of these enemies and that they are hard to deal with so I don't know if hate is the right word. I like them but I dread encountering them. For example I love Deathclaws even if they are likely to rip my internal organs out.

Deathclaws in pretty much any Fallout, Cazadors in New Vegas, Enclave Patrols in Fallout 2, those uber versions of enemies in Broken Steel and the shielded Aliens in Mothership Zeta. That said I do like some of these enemies and that they are hard to deal with so I don't know if hate is the right word. I like them but I dread encountering them. For example I love Deathclaws even if they are likely to rip my internal organs out.

I don't know, I find Deathclaws quite easy. And in the old Fallouts, you rarely encounter them as enemies. Only time where I have had to fight them was in the Boneyard, and even then, It was so easy. Hell, even Ian when he ran out of ammo fought one with fists. (He then got killed after fighting 2 Deathclaws with 2 fists, but nevermind)

Back