Atomic Cowboy

I've read your LetsPlay. Was utterly fantastic when it came out, and is even better on the successive times I have read it. Probably one of the best I've read (though Toront's Duke Nukem one was also brilliant.) I'll shill for those any day of the week. Great fun.

Yeah, I should probably qualify what I said, and to say I was not a member when he was active, so I guess I can only say what I saw from looking in, and reading vatted threads after I joined. I guess I just thought he made superior arguments to those that opposed him, and quoted evidence that was never refuted by them. Some of the posters were hilarious in their attempts by contrast. I guess I can agree on many of your points otherwise.

It is quite clear that he did attempt to do as you say, and I'm glad that does not exist anymore. Better to refute opinions like he was trying to do before (Not sure Akratus etc. are banned) instead of crushing them. (Wasn't Vergil banned by the current admins/mods?-made that point to say that this place isn't a hive of morons,it's roughly the right balance now.)

I had a longer post that did say all of that, but shortened it, so there it is in all it's (mostly) glory.

Aww, thank you <3
Always nice to hear people enjoyed that pixel rapefest.

Sander was undeniably great at debates, when he was actually debating. Aside from his "annoy them until they break down" tactics, he was always good at constructing arguments and providing evidence. I do not know if he tended to make fallacies in his discourse, but I believe most of the things he has ever argued for he did with a solid backing of sources and evidence, which is more than commendable.

But his attitude while debating (that of an insufferable cunt who knows all) combined with his (and Tagz', as a duo) tendencies to abuse his powers really made me (and many others) dislike him a lot, lot more.
You mentioned Akratus - who was at the time quite all right, I think, and even though his arguments were kinda shit, I'm not sure why he got banned aside from...dunno, he started to annoy Sander I guess. I don't know the proper reason behind that decision. I could be wrong, though, but permabanning felt like abuse of power.

Aww, thank you <3

Sander was undeniably great at debates, when he was actually debating. Aside from his "annoy them until they break down" tactics, he was always good at constructing arguments and providing evidence. I do not know if he tended to make fallacies in his discourse, but I believe most of the things he has ever argued for he did with a solid backing of sources and evidence, which is more than commendable.

But his attitude while debating (that of an insufferable cunt who knows all) combined with his (and Tagz', as a duo) tendencies to abuse his powers really made me (and many others) dislike him a lot, lot more.
You mentioned Akratus - who was at the time quite all right, I think, and even though his arguments were kinda shit, I'm not sure why he got banned aside from...dunno, he started to annoy Sander I guess. I don't know the proper reason behind that decision. I could be wrong, though, but permabanning felt like abuse of power.

Yeah, not for the faint-hearted, but that only makes it more delicious.

The superiority complex did come across, particularly when Tagz was summoned back and promptly abused his power and continuously invoked his position to win arguments about Fallout 4. Then again, I didn't mind that on the gamergate stuff because it's easy to be superior when you are arguing against such people (and I mentioned Akratus because he was the best, I can remember others who were certainly far worse.)

I don't think Akratus is banned from what I can see, which is also why I mentioned him-Sander did not ban him or TheWesDude or anyone who he argued with on those threads. So, it does seem that at some point, the power got to his head a little too much. (Though of course you guys know better if this Sander who wasn't as bad as he became is a myth or not.)

Tagz is another story. At least Sander doesn't openly mock us now from what I can see.

To be perfectly honest, I don't remember anymore. The details, that is. Who banned whom, when etc.

All I can tell you is that I used to really like Tagz - he was one of the people who indirectly brought me to NMA, so to speak - and while I never cared much about Sander, I used to think he was cool. All that changed during Gamergate shitstorm. They left soon after.

I've only recently learned that Tagz has been badmouthing NMA and is "pro-FO4". Honestly, I don't care much, it's his right to do so, but it is also in bad taste. He was one of us here and was one of the most vehement lore defenders against Beth's shit, but all of that got turned upside down.
Again, it's his right to do so, but turning your back on Internet buddies whom you've known for ages is just lame. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is all connected with the fact that portion of NMA called bullshit on him and Sander back then, so he felt like we didn't want him here anymore, in this far-right GG bastard son of Stormfront of a website. Maybe he projected all of that on old Fallout too.
But that's just a theory. Don't know, don't care anymore...

Last edited:
Aww, thank you <3

Sander banned me because, yes, why? I guess I said something like "the sky is blue" and bam! Down came the banhammer. Well actually it was in the gun law -thread, he and I were debating, he wanted to hear like, the exact law or system which would fix gun problems everywhere around the planet. I was like, I don't actually care if the yanks shoot each other. Etc. Then he banned me.

I actually corresponded with him over email and got him to unban me. In the end he was like "fine". And here I am. :)

He was weird though, he liked American football. Tragic case of self-hating European. I mean, he has the best football in the world right next to him, ACTUAL football, not roided up black dudes in pads running into each other for five minutes.

Would Roshambo have punished me for using a different internet browser? (it's been mentioned that he banned people randomly, but that random?)
Roshambo, would have punished you simply for beeing you.

But I never understood, what people expected. You poke a Deathclaw. You get hurt. Kinda common knowledge.

Per, being a friendly lizard, was the kind one.

Would Roshambo have punished me for using a different internet browser? (it's been mentioned that he banned people randomly, but that random?)
I was more thinking about the act (a kick to the nuts) rather than the person. But as for Roshambo, he could ban people for weirdly specific & not entirely meaningful reasons, but I don't remember him ever banning anyone without cause.
He didn't put up with fools though, that's for sure.

You are probably the first person I'm seeing who misses Sander.
I do miss Sander. He was a nice guy. Pretty smart too.
In the end he sadly failed to separate his own personal opinion and his moderator duties. He thought he was doing it for the greater good though. We all know how that goes...

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
- C.S. Lewis

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
- C.S. Lewis
That is quite possibly my #1 favorite quote.

C.S. Lewis was a religious kook so, yea. Have at it.
Truth is truth...
shrug.gif

Scalper is just raving off the chain. Reminds me of this guy...

iu

Back