Battlefield 4

AskWazzup said:
TheGM said:
You do know you are talking about single player in Battlefield right? Campaign is nothing more then the green leafy bits they put next to your fine steak that serve no purpose.

That's why i wasn't even talking about the mechanics of gameplay. Now then, i haven't seen much of it, but from what i've seen i don't see anything different. Enlighten me, how exactly is the multyplayer worth it? People played CS for a decade without needing a new game, so how is this improved upon that formula. Why should anyone who played the previous battlefields and call of duties buy this for multyplayer?

No you were talking about single player and I suggested that you don't because nobody cares about it(this is hyperbole, 14 people care but their thoughts are meaningless). Up until 3 (and the spin-off console games) there wasn't a campaign in Series.

which brings us to

"STOP TRYING TO PUT CAMPAIGN IN MA BATTLEFIELD!"

Played 3' campaign only once, and that is because the servers were down for maintenance. didn't much care for it. could have been worse, could have been a cod campaign *shudders at the thought*

Also not here the sell the game, so unless ea starts giving me money you can figure that one out yourself.

TheGM said:
Better if they didn't spend crap on single player but whatevers. Some Wig at dice probably wants to flex his writing muscle by inserting some contrived story in the game that only shares the settings of multi-player.....then so be it. still ain't gonna play it, and it's existence means nothing sense it has no factor in if I would purchase it or not.

Most people actually want a SP part.

Mettle said:
sea said:
notsureifserious.jpg

Very much not serious. :)

Since Battlefield 1942;
11 Years, 25 Battlefield games, expansions and variations out of 31 games and expansions.

They were quite adamant in defending themselves from the accusations with being a "Battlefield factory" a while ago.

Addint content is bad! Let's just release a game and not do anything related to the game untill it's time for a new one!

Crni Vuk said:
AskWazzup said:
I think it's shit. I also think that most games that have a number that's bigger than 2 beside them are shit, especially if it's a "blockbuster" FPS . I mean how many times can one replay the same "Die Hard" scenario with the same gameplay mechanics (regenerating health - bane of all games).
killing arabs doesnt get old does it? :crazy:

I miss the days of ww1-2 games :( Every new FPS feels like it left me in Iraq or something.

sea said:
Here's the YouTube comment I left on the video:

Oh wait, it was deleted by the channel owner. Funny how that works.

What you're seeing here is the product of 500 developers working 80-hour work week death marches for months at a time, and hundreds of millions of dollars being sunk into advertising and art assets, so you can have the exact same fucking game as you've been playing the last ten goddamn years, but with slightly prettier graphics.

Play some BF3 and then try some BF1942.. It's far from the same game even if i liked the first one.

Surf Solar said:
It's a trailer for the singleplayer campaign.

In a game that is supposed to be played in multiplayer.

Multiplayer.

So who the hell cares for the campaign? ;)

If they manage to make the MP as fun as BF3 is to me, then I have no doubts I'll buy the game.

@comscar - who is this mean looking woman in your avatar? Looks like she is directly staring in our souls :o

I'm tired of 16 y/o's screaming NOOB/FAG/CAMPER etc.. So i kinda pref Single player since 2 years back :evil:

comscar said:
jesus christ, rihanna? really?

well, i'm only getting it because my buddies all wanna play it together on PC. i didn't enjoy BF2 when it came out a while ago, but everything is fun with friends.

tried to buy BF3 premium edition, and ended up purchasing the wrong pack. still haven't gotten approved for a refund, and the sale's over.

gotta love that origin.

If it wassn't for origin i would still play BF3.. I didn't like it at all :s

AskWazzup said:
I think it's shit. I also think that most games that have a number that's bigger than 2 beside them are shit, especially if it's a "blockbuster" FPS . I mean how many times can one replay the same "Die Hard" scenario with the same gameplay mechanics (regenerating health - bane of all games).

Because BF3 was so bad right? Wait nvm.

On topic. It doesn't look like it will bring anything new tbh. Might just pass on this one.

Makta said:
Most people actually want a SP part.

Yes, playing against the bots on MP maps was great fun. They could put a tenth of the money spent on SP to make som awesome bots instead.

Addint content is bad! Let's just release a game and not do anything related to the game untill it's time for a new one!

And this makes them less of a Battlefield factory... how?
Also, I never said or hinted that I thought addons are bad.

I yearn for the expansionpacks of old times, instead of crappy DLC's.

I miss the days of ww1-2 games :( Every new FPS feels like it left me in Iraq or something.

This, they had a certain charm. Even though the market quickly got saturated, it's a bit sad that they stopped making them.
Brothers in Arms is still awesome, but I've played all the missions ten times by now.

If it wassn't for origin i would still play BF3.. I didn't like it at all :s

I was interested in it aswell, up until I got info on their online DRM.
So I went for Planetside 2 instead, fancy that.

you know I always thought how people would react if you made an game, like Brothers in Arms, but actually playing as Japanese or German soldier.

I think, there was even once a game and a modifaction that had something like that in mind. Playing on the "other" side of the fence.

But I guess people could not deal with controversial content. I mean imagine, you would find your self, as player challanged by something like "morale". Playing a German Soldier forced in fighting, while he also has to deal with the consequences of war.

hmm ... naw. Its easier when everything's black and white so you know in which direction to aim with your thompson machine gun or M16/M4 rifle. Nazi Germans and Arab terrorists are baaad!

Day of Defeat allows you to play as the Nazis. It's wrong, my relatives - as anyone else's in Russia - have sacrificed their lives and well-being for my independence. Don't think it's right to fly planes into World Trade Centers either, even in a video game.

If it's all within the realms of fantasy why? It's wrong killing people yet most games are about that. If something offends you, just don't play/watch it.

Well, it's more disrespectful to the WW2 Ally veterans than to me. In many games, killing is not directed at any real-life group of people or person, but rather they are all fictional - there's the exception of Battlefield and Modern Warfare, which I also do not understand.

You have countless possibilities of an enemy (aliens, terrorists, Americans), yet none of these are used. Why?

Some one somewhere can always be offended by whichever group is in the game. Better not to worry about it in my opinion.

So it's ok to offend the german veterans of WW2 by depicting all of them as brutal, inhuman monsters at worst and mindless cannonfodder at best?

Everybody knows all German soldiers had horns and pointy tails under their uniforms and were all made in a soldier factory.

Sub-Human said:
Well, it's more disrespectful to the WW2 Ally veterans than to me. In many games, killing is not directed at any real-life group of people or person, but rather they are all fictional - there's the exception of Battlefield and Modern Warfare, which I also do not understand.

You have countless possibilities of an enemy (aliens, terrorists, Americans), yet none of these are used. Why?

I disagree. Not every Ally soldier did only heroic things, and not every Axis soldier was evil.

Personally I think exploring some of what the other side did is the breath of new life needed in a stale genre. A game played from the losing side would be interesting, especially set near the close of the conflict. Battle of Berlin perhaps? Play a 13 year old boy and fight along side 60 year old men.

Walpknut said:
Everybody knows all German soldiers had horns and pointy tails under their uniforms and were all made in a soldier factory.

Don't forget that they where eating babies and burning fluffy rabbits!

Sub-Human said:
Day of Defeat allows you to play as the Nazis. It's wrong, my relatives - as anyone else's in Russia - have sacrificed their lives and well-being for my independence. Don't think it's right to fly planes into World Trade Centers either, even in a video game.
What the hell. Are you serious or is that meant as some kind of sarcasm I don't get? Day of defeat is something that I remember as this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGJIH68fHhM[/youtube]

a damn multiplayer game with WW2 weapons and models. Seriously. There is no place for morale in an game where you're killing virtual pixels.

because otherwise I would have to ask you, what you believe a German soldier was? Or what an taliban fighter is? A child raping and murdering monster? Or a person that actually has relatives too? Like parents, brothers, children, sisters? Its so easy to paint something as "bad" from our position and morale. Calling someone a terrorist in TV.

What about US forces killing innocent civilians from 5km distance with their attack helicopters yelling "get those motherfuckers!"? Or Germans "accidently" dropping bombs on people in afghanistan which killed as well a lot of civilians? People have to try and learn actually something about the nations we are in "war" with, like Iraq, Afghanistan etc. why those places are today like that, often enough its actually our fault, because our politicians (Europe, US, Russia) though it would be a good thing to get involved in the politics of those regions, helping dictators and plot against the leaders of those nations. In many cases people which got actually elected by the population. The problems we face now, is because during the 50s and 60s the "powerfull" nations had the idea to shape the world. See Argentina, the Iran etc.

For example, suicide bombers in Israel. Terrorists true? Wrong. In many cases actually those people are sick. No I mean really sick. Depressive, jobless, maybe they lost even family members. And then someone comes in explaining them how paradise waits for them after they kill jews. There was an report about it, about people in prison in Israel which got caught. Yes sometimes the bombs are also duds. And when they talk with those people, it seems only very few of them are actually big fanatics and chose to do it because of fundamentalism. They just don't have any perspective. There simply is nothing they can lose anymore. A person that has a good job, family and all that is much less likely to run around killing others. Juts saying.

And in Afghanistan a lot of the fighters are mercenaries, they have grown up in wars, against the Soviets, many of which cant even read. They never did anything else then fighting since they have been 14 year old. And that is what they do now, because groups like the Taliban offered them money, or they decide to work for one of the many warlords down there, again for a living. Its one of the few things you can do in Afghanistan. Become a farmer that earny nothing. Or grab your AK, something you know how to do and fight for someone earning a lot. In an nation where 90% of the population are illiterates. But yes ... they are terrorists when you ask our politicians. Did anyone actually tried to find maybe solutions for those people? Maybe to offer them something "else" then wars? painting those people as enemies in an black and white situation has not helped the Soviets back then. Why should it now be different? We always assume the morals are on our side.

It should be clear that I am not asking for a game where you fly your plane in the World Trade center or that idiotic CoD "kill those civilians stuff" or something where you play an prisson guard in an concentration camp.

No, I mean a game which is simply showing the "other side" which you usually kill with your M4 while they yell arabian stuff at you, or some Russian stuff - how do you feel about killing Russians in CoD by the way?.

Its about to explore "adult topics and themes" in an game. CoD is something I enjoyed when I was 16. We have seen those in movies for a long time now, where some stories actually are morale "gray" or give you a view on situations from different angles, where the "good" guys are sometimes the "bad" guys in the end. Why cant games offer the same? Be a bit more complex then just "LOCK AND LOAD MARINES! TIME TO DEFEND FREDOOOOOM!"

Just saying. There really is not enough adult content in gaming today. And I am not talking about tits here. A game where you play the German side could for example still show German war crimes, and how it effects you as German Soldier. Its about the narrative here. There are movies which did this already - Der Untergang, The Downfall. Its all about the context, the way how it is explained. The character could in the end try to escape from it. Maybe even help the allies.

*Edit
Also funny that you mention "independence", because you know what a Soviet WW2 veteran said once?

He had the option to chose between two dictators. He chose the one that spoke his language.

That alone tells a lot. Also go and ask the Romanians, The Polish people, White Russians, Estonia and many more about the "liberation" by the Soviets. The Soviets sure have fought. Fought for their lives, they defended them self against the Germans which have been the aggressor. But for freedom? I am not so sure about that.

Crni Vuk said:
Sub-Human said:
What the hell. Are you serious or is that meant as some kind of sarcasm I dont get? Day of defeat is something that I remember as this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGJIH68fHhM[/youtube]

a damn multiplayer game with WW2 weapons and models. Seriously. There is no place for morale in an game where youre killing virtual pixels.

because otherwise I would have to ask you, what you believe a German soldier was? Or what an taliban fighter is? A child raping and murdering monster? Or a person that actually has relatives too? Like parents, brothers, children, sisters? Its so easy to paint something as "bad" from our position and morale. Calling someone a terrorist in TV.

What about US forces killing inocent civilians from 5km distance with their attack helicopters yelling "get those motherfuckers!"? Or Germans "accidently" droping bombs on people in afghanistan which killed as well a lot of civilians? People have to try and learn actually soemthing about the nations we are in "war" with, like Iraq, Afghanistan etc. why those places are today like that, often enough its actually our fault, because our politicans (Europe, US, Russia) though it would be a good thing to get involved in the politics of those regisions, helping dictators and plot against the leaders of those nations. In many cases people which got actually elected by the population.

For example, sicide bombers in Israel. Terrorists true? Wrong. In many cases actually those people are sick. No mean really sick. Depressive, jobless, maybe they lost even family members. And then someone comes in explaining them how paradise waits for them after they kill jews. There was an report about it, people in prison in Israel which got caught. Yes sometimes the bombs are also duds. And when they talk with those people, it seems not only very few of them are actually big fanatics. They just dont have any perspective. They dont have to lose anything.

In Afghanistan a lot of the fighters are mercenaries, they have grown up in wars, against the Soviets, many of which cant even read. They never did anything else then fighting. And that is what they do now, because groups like the Taliban offered them money, they decide as well to work for many of the warlods down there, again for a living. Its one of the few things you can do in Afghanistan. A nation where 90% of the peopulation are illiterates. But yes ... they are terrorists when you ask our politians. Did anyone actually tried to find maybe solutions for those people? Maybe to offer them something "else" then wars? painting those people as enemies in an black and white situation has not helped the Soviets back then. Why should it now be different?

It should be clear that I am not asking for a game where you fly your plane in the World Trade center or that idiotic CoD "kill those civilians stuff".

No, I mean a game which is simply showing the "other side" which yo usually kill with your M4 while they yell arabian stuff at you - or some Russian stuff, how do you feel about killing Russians in CoD by the way?. Its about to explore "adult topics and themes" in an game. CoD is something I enjoyed when I was 16. We have seen those in movies for a long time now, where some stories actually are moraly "gray" or give you a view on situations from different angles, where the "good" guys are sometimes the "bad" guys in the end. Why cant games offer the same? Be a bit more complex then just "LOCK AND LOAD MARINES! TIME TO DEFEND FREDOOOOOM!"

Just saying. There really is not enough adult content in gaming today. And I am not talking about tits here.

*Edit
Also funny that you mention "independence", because you know what a Soviet WW2 veteran said once?

He had the option to chose between two dictators. He chose the one that spoke his language.

That alone tells a lot. Also go and ask the Romanians, The Polish people, White Russians, Estonia and many more about the "liberation" by the Soviets. The Soviets sure have fought. Fought for their lives, tehy defended them self against the Germans which have been the agressor. But for freedom? I am not so sure about that.

:clap:

To clarify, Crni. I'm not against playing for Afghan farmers, Vietcong locals, Iraqi military - because, indeed, the story here is complicated, with Americans acting as aggressors.

But Nazi Germans? No, sir. Yes, Soviets raped many European women, but in the end they fought against invaders, a war machine that has sworn to exterminate or enslave all other nations in the world. How can a Wehrmacht soldier be forgiven for this? I would be honored to meet people who have resisted joining the Nazi army, even openly fight against them. Many Soviet recruits were teenagers, fighting against trained men (who were well aware of what they were doing). How can I play for a side which fought against young soldiers who then suffered back home (repressions, families falling apart)? I feel pity for Soviet soldiers.

Uh, Volkssturm?
And the Wehrmacht was a conscripted army, too. A lot of them were not even Nazis, they just fought for their country like everyone else.

Hassknecht said:
not even Nazis, they just fought for their country like everyone else.

How can you fight for your country when your country is focused on systematic extermination of nations and races? You can fight for Germany by fighting against the Nazi regime.

Back