Bethesda cannot produce any more Pip-Boys

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

According to Eurogamer Bethesda cannot produce any more Pip-Boys due to such a high demand. Bethesda's Marketing VP Pete Hines also shared information with Gamespot which goes into more detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
They ran out of cheap plastic?

Probably the manufacturer they paid to make them is booked up in the near term and can't get any more made in time to be packaged with release.

Very good chance they will add it back to their online store after the game is out, though, if the demand for these things keeps up. I'm not sure why people want them exactly, but I personally hate plastic crap (and I don't have a smartphone.)

Somehow, I think it will be common to find IT guys wearing them at the office; or at least parking them on their desks in the cubicles. :grin:

Why would anyone want to wear that piece of shit? Pip-boy 2000, now THERE'S some tech I'd like to equip...oh wait.

Man, someone should really proofread these newsposts.

Sorry. It's late. I can't change the title either. Now that is going to bug me until it's changed.

Moderator/Admin: Please change to Bethesda cannot produce any more Pip-Boys

Last edited by a moderator:
Zenimax might want to have a talk with bethesda after this:

bLrwC1X.jpg

Synergy

If this is the Pip Boy toy that folks could tuck a smart phone into and run FO4 app to pump up the LARP,

then B’Soft marketing is exploiting more and more pan media tie ins.

Sum grander than the parts.

T-Howard already ripped ‘just works’ catch phrase from Apple at the recent rally of the faithful, why not riff on the Apple i-Watch too?!?

Palm devices. Once a distraction, now a necessity. Constant communing with that tiny video, has become habitual.

Too many people where I work seem to find the time to not be productive and narcissistically gaze into their smart phones,

casual use on main production floor is officially frowned upon.

Safety first! Don’t run with scissors, and don’t walk around processing deafened by ear buds, wait until at station, please.

Can see if already addicted to the palm TV, why not accessorize with a FO4 plastic devotional fetish.

What’s next, an officious FO4 nose ring / flashing radiation detector / booger collector? Good taste VS taste good, that’s a marketing mantra to maximize on!

These daze, how many piercings is esteemed normal, and when does the fashion statement become a pin cushion, A. K. A. ‘cutter’.

Self absorption to self mutilation, B’Soft riding the pinnacle of 21st Century BUZZ!

On a half empty note,

trust this failure to anticipate demand does’t flatten the gravitational escape trajectory of the parent corporate accelerated rate of profit! ;)

Flattering with pale praise? Flaccid performance? Droopy, diminishing trend-ing that can swallow us all! Softer stock expectations, look out Wall Street!

Another bubble bursts!

Trooper! Where’s your parachute!

Wishing you all a half full day! :D

4too

Find a different manufacturer who's more flexible, add something to differentiate the second run from the originals, sell more. Or maybe they think that option won't be worth it (which is understandable), but the fact they didn't expect such a high demand is so strange. They hyped the hell out of it, and it's obvious that this is an accessory that would sell like hotcakes, and they didn't prepare for bigger production numbers beforehand? Bethesda could have made even more money than they already will make if they had planned this a little bit better.

There's also a lot of people who bought multiple pip-boy editions and are planning on selling them for way above the regular price on ebay, but that's to be expected. Why anyone would buy this piece of shit is beyond me

I don't own an iPhone, so the Pip-Boy would just be a bookshelf ornament. That said, the level of mochendising Bethesda is wringing from this series reminds me of Spaceballs. They already did the lunchbox for F3, let's not forget.

I don't own an iPhone, so the Pip-Boy would just be a bookshelf ornament. That said, the level of mochendising Bethesda is wringing from this series reminds me of Spaceballs. They already did the lunchbox for F3, let's not forget.

The thing won't even hold phones over a certain size (including the big iPhone that they sell now.)

Fallout 4: The Lunchbox!

Fallout 4: The flamethrower!

I could actually get behind the flamethrower merch tho. Get on it Bethesda.

Back