Bethesda planning a survival overhaul. Has hell frozen over?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Willy Rogers, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Knight In Leather Armor

Knight In Leather Armor Badger Nutsack

Feb 6, 2016
    @olestra , just saying but you might wanna be careful with those triple posted walls of text that nobody read.

Anyways, I know there's another topic on this, but I personally think the survival mode should've been implemented already. Fallout 4 is a shooter yet now it's trying to be a survival game is also very dumb.

The super hyped settlement system will also take a huge blow because all the crap you're lumbering around is heavy and from what I've heard there is no fast travel or console commands, so that's dumb.

Tl:dr the biggest part of this trashy game will take huge hits and make it go from a mediocre game to a complete pile of shit(at least in my opinion)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, n-posts for n>1 are not a favourite among the staff.
    @olestra: Please use the edit-button instead of multiposting.
    Also, merged this with the longer thread about Survival mode, just for fun.

3. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    It ain't mediocre, it is pungent baby diarrhea. It could get worse and I'm sure Bethesda can make that happen, but who cares? I have all the games I love. Let the shallow fanboys dig in to it, they don't know what they're missing.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Knight In Leather Armor

Feb 6, 2016
    It's my personal opinion that the base game is mediocre. I like shooting raiders in the face, I find it fun. I enjoy the shooting, not as much as other games and it's probably the lowest on my most fun gameplay, but I like to think it's mediocre. Survival Mode will make transporting your crap to your settlements almost impossible since your loaded down with food and water, and since the settlement system takes up 4/10's of the game (while the rest is shooting raiders and animals) it will pretty much take out the only fun part of Fallout 4.

5. Martin

Martin It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 21, 2016
    you know you can ferry stuff by "caravan system"? only for building tho, not for upgrading guns and armors. seems weird. god give me the geck so i can improve the game myself.

6. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 7, 2008
    I assume you meant F: NV? I don't remember there being a hardcore mode in F3.

7. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 7, 2008
    Whoah, seems a bit harsh. Personally, I can't speak to 4's survival system, as I haven't played it. What I find frustrating is Bethesda's apparent tendency to push in mechanics that should have always been part of their games as if they were breaking new ground. I agree that the hardcore mode in New Vegas started to feel like vanilla pretty quickly, but that's because it SHOULD have been vanilla all along. Bethesda builds these huge games filled with food, water, places to sleep, and endless amounts of inventory junk; and never provided a satisfactory reason to utilize any of it until Obsidian came along and introduced hardcore mode and a more robust crafting system. Then Skyrim comes along and backtracks in many ways including that. Two games and a DLC later, we finally have something comparable in a Bethesda title.

And while I don't want to be too unfair, if this is like other features they've patched in much later than they should have - like actually being able to attack from horseback or the less-cool-than-advertised houses in Hearthfire for Skyrim - it is probably much more shallow and lazily designed than one might expect from a successful AAA studio.

8. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    The only uses for the houses in skyrim:

1: A place to send all the annoying street urchins you accidentally agreed to adopt.

2: Rare alchemy ingredient farming

3: Making your save game files ginormous by piling up loot in all of their chests.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    The only use for houses in Fallout 4L

1. A place to send all your annoying companions and random people you've accidentally taken into your entourage.

2. Junk farming around the map to waste on houses.

3. Another settlement needs your help.

10. ZigzagPX4

ZigzagPX4 The Swiftness of the Ranger

Nov 22, 2015
    Holdin' nothing back as usual, @DirtyOldShoe. You know, I can actually picture you as one of those people who call Mass Effect games "glorified popamole trash". Mind telling me what newer games you actually enjoy? Would be nice to get some perspective on your unique take on things.

11. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    I've never played ME anything, so I don't have an opinion of it. Unfortunately there just hasn't been any games that find all that interesting. That doesn't mean that an idiot wrote it, it just not my thing, you dig? I tried the Forest, but there were fundamental problems with it, and the devs desired to take it down the multiplayer path instead of fixing some core issues I had with it. If you play Fallout 4 that doesn't inherently make you an idiot, it just means that that game was designed for idiots. Anyone who thinks x is better in 4 then it is in NV is a shallow twat imo and should go back to playing J.I Joe with their mom.

12. ZigzagPX4

Nov 22, 2015
    Sure, sure. I've got no problem with your opinions. Just wanted some insight.

13. olestra

olestra Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 26, 2016
    Actually his opinions are abject horsedick and about people themselves. It's crossing a line.

14. Knight In Leather Armor

Feb 6, 2016
    #DirtyOldShoeExposed

15. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    #MakeDirtyOldShoeGreatAgain

16. ZigzagPX4

Nov 22, 2015

"I will build a great, great wall on our forum log-in border and I will make Bethfans pay for that wall. Mark my words."

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  17. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1