Bethesda teases Fallout 4 announcement

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    I realized that the only reason why I am looking forward to this game is because it will probably bring new blood to NMA, something we so desperately need. Not to mention that it will hopefully bring some oldfags back, which is even better.

2. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Indeed.
    Also, I enjoyed playing Skyrim, despite it being rather limited. It was still fun and felt solid. So if Bethesda takes clues from that game, Fallout 4 might actually be fun to play, at least. I stopped caring about lore and all that junk, so if the writing isn't too cringeworthy, I'll survive.

3. WastedWastelander

WastedWastelander First time out of the vault

Feb 27, 2015
    I really hope Obsidian will come up with another Fallout game 2 years after this one but I don't think it will happen. I mean, what would you do if you were Bethesda and people were asking for a different company who does their job better?

4. WastedWastelander

WastedWastelander First time out of the vault

Feb 27, 2015
    I've visited NMA for about ... i dunno 17 years or something... just only recently registered. New Blood is good, as long as we do not get these annoying people you see all over facebook (commenting on Fallout posts).

5. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Sandman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes. The battle will be glorious. Old fags and Newbs quipping, debating, and masturbating furiously, with no upvotes or downvotes to passive aggressively piss people off. Ahhh the tears of the crybabies. I bathe in their sorrow.

So cyborgs or at least augments of some kind are lore in Fallout, does that bother those of you who dispute the Androids being a retro futuristic thingie/lore breaking?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I don't mind the idea of androids in Fallout as the idea fits the fifties, but I think they should be very clumsy and barely humanoid like because of the technology limits. (remember, it seems they only barely invented things like integrated circuitry right before the great war)
    They should not be hardly distinguishable from humans like the replicants from Blade Runner. If the writers really want to go with that angle I suggest they use clones instead.

7. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    Ahhh, so many people I wish would come back for the sacrifices, so many figures walking through the wastes, a sharpened spear and a boiling tongue. The blood of the noobs shall be spilled. I wish for a grand procession, I yearn for crimson rivers to flow. Sands of the wastes shall once again taste the flesh and stars shall be blighted and brought down by the immeasurable glow and glitter of the gems, the hatred shall tear the sky down and lacerate its remains and tear through the skulls of the unwanted. Deserts bathed in the sparkle, winds howling and screaming in foreign tongues of the infidels upon whose remains we pray and mate in harrowing vistas of atomic dawn. We shall stand vigilant with each life we spill upon the soil of the damned. Cries in the distance of the city glow, gigantic metal door shall open and reveal a dead god lying upon a rusted metal slab, and we shall consume and rape its flesh while our hollow echoes and voices shall call for the names of our creators and persecutors, those who brought us down here and made our world revolve and breathe and die. Atop the great spiral of the black isle a grand tribunal shall take place, and all the unwashed shall paint the wasteland with their blood.

Have you seen my dad, middle-aged guy?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    These were just a few instances that pop up, but it always piles up into a bigger heap at which point it all comes down to the core of the game, what rules did the developers set themselfs to. If one tries to patch a rusty ship, it will be a constant battle.

Mods are great, but if the core is defunct in some way, mods will only bring an additional flavor to the innitial experience of the game. At, least that's how i see it from my experience, since playing with overhaul type mods, always felt like eating an ice-cream that just fell to the floor. This reminds me of playing Fallout 3 and really not liking the whole grow up in a vault, birthday parties and your dad and all that crap. At some point there might have been a mod to start out as you want to, but the gameworld will always alude to those things, even if you mod them out. And talking about dad, i hope that Fallout 4 will start out as the usuall generic no-name traveler thing.... The dad stuff made me quit Fallout 3 13 hours in, i just couldn't take it anymore - i want to be a badass, not some chump!!

9. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013
    And this forum won't be a ghost town anymore.

10. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    We are already having a huge spike in user activity right now, so it's certainly something to hope for.

2 more hours.

11. fred2

fred2 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 2, 2013
    I think that Androids --artificial intelligence units designed to look, function and behave like humans-- are plausible in the universe, however, I feel that sleek human like robots are aesthetically akward in a world dominated by bulky tech which is based on Vacuum tubes. More so in FPP where little is left to the imagination.

However it worth noting that unlike some people I don't try to define what is the core of "fallout" universe\games with religious fanaticism. I love the game iconic aesthetics, it adds an amusing lighter touch to the grim reality of a post apocalyptic word. But in the end it just a means to an end, so I don't mind if the writers dream of electric sheep's as they explore society in the post apocalyptic light, even though god forbid it is few years past the 50s ...

12. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Woah you're right.

13. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013
    Shame I wasn't in here during NMA's glory days.

14. Languorous_Maiar

Languorous_Maiar A Smooth-Skin

Oct 25, 2011
    It's hard to say. Every Fallout was made by other people and everytime they came with some weird ideas. But they shouldn't do a game from a "fan" perspective but "dev" one. (easy to notice it when going through interviews)
    But my main problem is with entire atmosphere. F3 is just slack? Unserious? Full of gags and weird humour? Childisch and infantile (all quests besides The Pitt) Fo2 was full of this shit already, but on other hand, it has best background lore, characters, dialogues etc/
    F3 in comparision to others looks like some funny fps, shootin this and this with postapo rainbow in the background.

Game itself being created only from retcons could be good Fallout, but not if arcade part is like 3/4 of the game.

15. ikazuchi87

ikazuchi87 First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2007
    or fantards from reddit.

I expect fallout4 will be trope fest with tones of shity pop references.

16. Nas92

Nas92 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 8, 2012
    I'm interested in how many wrong things we will be able to find in the upcoming 5-30 second teaser.

17. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    I don't think they will give us enough material to start the bashing.
    Anyway, just one more hour. Bethesda or not, I really do have a little hope.

this thread's gonna be on fire

18. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Imagine if the teaser just says "Yes we are working on a new Fallout, stay tuned."

19. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    War. War never changes. Fallout. Fallout 4. Fall. Fall 2016.

20. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Considering they have that big E3 conference I doubt we'll see much. Maybe a 10 second teaser that ends in "More to come on E3!".