Bethesda teases Fallout 4 announcement

Of course, Bethesda doesn't give a fuck and is known for raping logic and the lore, so Tunnel Snakes as a main enemy in F4 is not off the table.

Yes, the Tunnel Snakes were a secret branch of The Enclave operating from the inside.

Also, Fallout 4 comes with a new race. The Gecko's have mutated into becoming human-like creatures who can talk. They are like the Argonians (TES) of Fallout.

Some Deathclaws now have the ability to grow wings and roam the wasteland, a bit like the dragons in Skyrim.

You are now able to drive through the wasteland with a car, instantly killing any super mutant that walks in your way.

The player meets 'The Chosen One' and become best buds.

Dave, from the 'Republic of Dave', started a new family in Boston.

Of course, Bethesda doesn't give a fuck and is known for raping logic and the lore, so Tunnel Snakes as a main enemy in F4 is not off the table.

Yes, the Tunnel Snakes were a secret branch of The Enclave operating from the inside.

Also, Fallout 4 comes with a new race. The Gecko's have mutated into becoming human-like creatures who can talk. They are like the Argonians (TES) of Fallout.

Some Deathclaws now have the ability to grow wings and roam the wasteland, a bit like the dragons in Skyrim.

You are now able to drive through the wasteland with a car, instantly killing any super mutant that walks in your way.

The player meets 'The Chosen One' and become best buds.

Dave, from the 'Republic of Dave', started a new family in Boston.

This'll happen.

I've been thinking about Fallout 4 today a bit, I have some more detailed thoughts to share :

I think this will be the first Fallout (besides that which shall not be spoken) that I won't play. Unless Bethesda does a complete 180 and hired on Obsidian to co-produce, and the game gets 10/10 reviews from NMA vets... I don't think i'm going to bother. I wasted enough time with 3 hoping it would get better, or it would grow on me to learn my lesson.

You know that insatiable curiosity inside of all rpg gamers as youths? Yeah, I dont think I have it anymore as I get older. It's tiring.

The sort of misguided optimism I had about 3 has been shaken. I don't expect Bethesda to create even a decent game. They have money now. They have fan feedback, they have the development resources and game play data to make a really decent post apoc walking simulator with FO4 attached to it, but I doubt they will even do that. It took like 5 years of development for them to shit out 3, and we all know what happened there.

I'm having mixed feelings about this, in one side we have Bethesda, famous for butchering Fallout and the other side we have a new Fallout since X years. I'm probably going to get this, if my pc can handle it but I'm already feeling it will be disappointing.

Hoping for the upcoming Obisidan's Fallout, now that's something to get excited :smile:

Wonder if NMA and alikes will have all that rage, like when FO3 was annouced and released :mrgreen:

EDIT: Made the mistake of checking on Fallout Reddit, got the hype fever, still expecting a letdown.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this. Hope my pc can handle it. I hope the mod tools aren't too different from the GECK.

attachment.php

Todd Howard, I want to know you personally. You created the Fallout franchise for our sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Let us pray once more for the swift arrival of Fallout 4.

Attachments

• CEyBSHlUIAIJP4H.jpg
    CEyBSHlUIAIJP4H.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:
Finally, we'll have something new to talk about.

Masterbrain? Another Computer bad guy? Maybe it will take OWB as a starting point? Probably cyborgs like we all feared it would be about?

I hope Super Mutants are buffed, if they're in. Remember when you couldn't tangle with Super Mutants without Power Armor (or at least Combat)? Yeah, now we're able to beat them with our fists.

I hope there are no Yellow Super Mutants, or Super Mutants in general. They already ruined 2 existing factions.

One good thing though is that this game wont be limited by crappy PS3 and Xbox360, there's a new generation of consoles of there! That wont make any difference for the writing though.

o now I see why I don't post outside the order. You can bash Beth all you want your still going to buy the game play it and probably enjoy it as well.

I for one have would rather have a Beth made fallout than none at all.

Come on, it can't be that bad they've been working on it for a while I guess they had enough time to make it a really good game.

i'm only curious if it wille be done in game engine or CGI

What's the difference?

Come on, it can't be that bad they've been working on it for a while I guess they had enough time to make it a really good game.
The hell it can't!

Sure they've been working on it, but what they are working on is a almost without a doubt, designed to pull in the largest audience possible from as many gamers as possible. That means it will not be a superb RPG, or a superb shooter, nor have any meaningful choices or consequences to those actions. (They will be aiming for the middle of the mark; to be just tolerable enough for all.)

FO3_Arrow_to_the_Knee.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mef
o now I see why I don't post outside the order. You can bash Beth all you want your still going to buy the game play it and probably enjoy it as well.

I for one have would rather have a Beth made fallout than none at all.

tO is overrated Serifan. It is a shell of its former self. NMA is good people too. Quit being a bitch. :razz:

I am also thankful that the license was grabbed up by a halfway decent developer. Van Buren would have been awesome guys and yes isometric/turn-based made Fallout something special, but instead of complaining about it for the next twenty years maybe we should be glad we at least have a franchise to still keep this hellhole alive.

If not for Fallout 3 and New Vegas the biggest news this place would have received in the past decade would have been Wasteland 2, which wasn't anywhere near what Fallout 1 and 2 was. We wouldn't have many members that we do have now without Fallout 3.

That being said, a bit of caution is advised, especially with Bethesda involved. Skyrim was a downgrade in RPG terms. If Fallout 4 gets a similar treatment I may revolt, but even then, the mod scene is where these games excel, for good or bad, so dumbed down RPG mechanics can be fixed with modding. I know Skyrim was to an extent. I guess I trust a handful of modders that actually get the series to fix what Bethesda may or may not fuck up.

Wasteland 2 doesn't have that. Fallout 1 and 2 are not easy to mod for. With all the hate Bethesda has received (and they do deserve their fair share) I do get a bit peeved at the perpetual negativity surrounding the new series of Fallout games. People here were negative about Fallout 2 and Tactics as well. I've begun to realize that Bethesda never had a chance at pleasing the fans of this community. I wager they knew that.

Mind you, Fallout 3 is an abomination that's only saving grace was the mods, because it damn sure wasn't the story or the RPG aspects. I feel the need to express that lest I be taken the wrong way. I think Bethesda might be able to capitalize on Obsidian's work in New Vegas, possibly putting out something that might surprise us (in a good way I hope). New Vegas surprised me by how great it was since I kept myself away from all the hype. I went in blind and loved it.

Still tinkering with it and the GECK to this day. So to echo others, I am afraid of what Bethesda might do, but I have hopes that they might churn out something worth buying. Honestly, I will play it regardless because I really love the series. I can seperate the new series from the old with a simple head canon adjustment if need be.

I thought Wasteland 2 was what Fallout needed in a sense, but now I'm not so sure. Unity looks like shit, well, it did in W2 anyway. Still waiting on that big update. :)

I would rather have the new Fallout than cling blindly to the glory days of old. If you look at Fallout 3 as more of a post apocalyptic simulator it helps a bit. Frankly a few of the RPG's that have been backed on Kickstarter have let me down, and these are the ones supposedly made by the developers that created some of our favorite games.

The next year or so should be interesting at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
We might get some surprising news and have Bethesda announce that they got Eric Fenstermaker and Chris Avellone on writting duty for FO4.

I think seeing how much or how little they fuck up will be more interesting than actually playing the game. I'm not excited, but very interested.

Back