Bethesda to buy another IP?

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Jan 29, 2009.

1. CriticalCheck

CriticalCheck First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2009
    Haha. I forgot people liked the Baldurs Gate for the PS2. Hell I forgot they existed.

Honestly I don't think Bethesda is the spawn of some satan conspiracy to give us shitty video games. Most video games suck ass. 1/1000 actually keep me interested for more than a few hours. In the last 10 years the video games I've played were very limited.

4x4 Offroad (don't remember which number), Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Fallout 1 & 2, StarCraft, Baldurs Gate 1 for the PC platform as well as 2 shadows of amn... Then there was a pretty giant gap between loves until I played Rainbow Six Vegas 2, then I played Fallout 3 for a long ass time.

Honestly the game I played the most over the last 5 or 6 years is a game called RPGWO. It's a really shitty game, horrible graphics, asshole admins, and a second rate programmer creator. But I was very very addicted to it for a very very large portion of the decade. I just liked the sound when you leveled up. -_-

Anyways back to my point. Games in general suck. I've played like 100 more games than that but didn't consider them fun enough to actually give a shit about when I turned the game off. It's not like Bethesda has to do anything fabulous to impress me. I mean after play Civ Revolution and Force Unleashed my expectations from video games are pretty rock bottom.

2. goffy59

goffy59 Still Mildly Glowing

May 16, 2006
    Agreed.

3. Beelzebud

Beelzebud A Smooth-Skin

Mar 6, 2008
    The most lazy bunch of uncreative assholes ever.

1.) Buy beloved franchise
    2.) Re-Skin Oblivion
    3.) Profit

4. Ranne

Ranne Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 15, 2008

Banzai!

5. endaround

endaround First time out of the vault

Jul 21, 2008
    Actually more likely than being able to get a D20 game because they would be seriously constrained by a rule set is that they are going to get the Vampire:The Masquerade license just in time to capitalize on Twilight mania!

6. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Because a MMO wouldn't be a Bethesda game, but a Zenimax Online Studios game, strictly speaking.

Vampire: The Masquerade is dead. The current setting is Vampire: Requiem.

7. Moving Target

Moving Target Mildly Dipped

Oct 25, 2007
    And the new parent company, CCP, has been working on an MMO based in that game world for almost three years now.

So, no.

And if it turns out that they're going to buy Arcanum: I will curse as I've never cursed before.

8. Ixyroth

Ixyroth Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 18, 2008
    Many things will be "going away" this time, including some long-standing companies which actually survived the first Great Depression. The plug has been pulled.

9. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    There are reportedly heavy layoffs at CD Projekt now.

10. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    That are really not very good news.

I hope the company can keep making games in the future :?

11. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

May 18, 2003
    They're busy making a console version of The Witcher.

12. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    There's no way that they're not making another Terminator game.

13. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    Nope, another company has the Terminator license, and they're making a Terminator Salvation game.

14. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    So the one Bethesda franchise that I remember fondly and miss, is not being made by Bethesda anymore.

(bangs head against wall)

15. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    It's not as if there's anyone from that Bethesda left there now.

16. Wooz

May 18, 2003
    Age of Decadence!!!1oneoneone

17. 100LBSofDogmeat

100LBSofDogmeat It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 11, 2008
    Whatever IP they steal (pay for) next I'm sure will be horribly done... and in 1st-person a la Gamebryo engine. Again.

And no, original content is rare these days... it's either an adaption of someone's book, movie, or a sequel of some other game that may or may not have been populate. The gaming industry is getting as bad as Hollywood.

Although, I blame the twitch gamers for this 1st-person frenzy that has dominated the gaming market.

18. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Well I hope that will not hurt any future PC games from them ... to many way to many "PC" games went the way of consolification and suffer the consoleritis in the end. NOw there is nothing wrong with to see games on both platforms and its really not a issue with players as console player are in general just as inteligent like PC gamers. But most of the time developers tend to get "lazy" and just slap the interface of consoles on the PC and give it a different name. Not always of course but most of the time. And this just hurts the quality of the PC game.

Actualy the gaming buisness is worse then the movie buisness. At least the critics and media are not thaaat biased when its about movies.

19. Dracon M'Alkir

Dracon M'Alkir Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 19, 2004
    [Claws at face]

What have I done?

20. Wooz

May 18, 2003
    CDPR didn't develop a console witcher game simultaneously to the PC game, or a game that would work on PC and console platforms. The Witcher and the upcoming console title are two separate games.