Black Isle Studios crowdfunding PV13

Haha, you couldn't make stuff like this up. "Ivory dungeons". "Apocaleptics".

Yeah it's a hacked account.. I looked at their main page, third 'white' tab to the right is where all updates normally go. There is only the first update there. Unless they couldn't be arsed updating website :P

EDIT: TBH it is so weird, I haven't a clue lol.

Brian Fargo‏@BrianFargo

Black Isle update 2 on FB: "maybe you should just empty the bank account on this project. Just to spite them. " Embarrassing...

13mDave Howells‏@DaveJHowells

@BrianFargo I really hate whats happened to Interplay and by extension Black Isle. Cant imagine how you feel about all this.

10mBrian Fargo‏@BrianFargo

@DaveJHowells It's incredibly sad to see...

and then you think there could be no further damage done to Interplay ... they never fail to disappoint.

Did anybody else get the feeling that the funding video kind of looked like a hostage tape? Like, we have your friends, give us money or the fat one gets it.

Offering the prototype build after the initial backslash would be the very least they could do just to begin trying to redeem this mess. Perhaps digging themselves deeper into shit might be a better plan, though. Who am I to know?

What ever happened to all the funding and work Masthead Studios was going to do before Interplay completely lost the rights to make a Fallout branded MMO? Did they decide to cut ties with Interplay after that diabolic?

But onto the idea of crowdfunding an MMO, wtf are they thinking? Interplay, a company that has fallen out of favor in the world of gaming, has also been on the verge of bankruptcy multiple times. Donating to this project would be like throwing your money into a wood chipper, it does you no good.

Sad. Pathetic. Farce.

BIS is dead and using the name again is Herve being the same sorry sack of puss he always was.

Opened my Spam folder today and found this. Oh Google, sometimes I love you.

[spoiler:213ec3a07d]
oXGaY.png
[/spoiler:213ec3a07d]

SumsoluS said:
Yeah it's a hacked account..

No, it's on the main page now too. It's for reals.

Takashi said:
What ever happened to all the funding and work Masthead Studios was going to do before Interplay completely lost the rights to make a Fallout branded MMO? Did they decide to cut ties with Interplay after that diabolic?

Presumably. Well, Masthead wasn't doing any actual funding. Their "funding" was represented by the work they were doing, a legal trick of sorts. One can only assume they've bailed now. Another studio fucked over by Herve. But hey, you sleep with snakes, you gung get bit.

Takashi said:
But onto the idea of crowdfunding an MMO, wtf are they thinking?

This isn't an MMO. And we have seen successful crowdfunding of MMO prototypes. This ain't it, tho.

There's a third update on facebook... It is filled with screenshots, concept art, individual team interviews....... Only kidding! It's simply more words and no proof. :p

EDIT: Looking at it again, it just reminds me of my early days chatting with mates 'Wouldn't it be cool if there was a game like this-..' They keep saying 'we', is it just the 3 of them and Herve? It is so hushed up, it is laughable the thought of trusting them as much as there is 1 or 2 decent devs [back then!]. Boggles the mind why they keep in contact with Interplay. I really want to know who is writing the updates.

I'm donating to pv13 just to piss all of you off!

How dare you mutants not allowed to throw in your support with wasteland?. Traitors!, and you call yourselves "hardcore fans". Posting shit that has nothing to do with fallout all the time. I am a real fan, I eat fallout, I think fallout, and I dream fallout! ( and I'm possibly crazy). As of this moment I declare that I will donate half of my pay check to interplay! just to piss mutants not allowed off :D. I'm team PV13 and team fallout for life, I hunt bethesda loving faggots and I will be the destroyer of bethesda... the champion of the wasteland!!!!. Interplay, I like you to know that if you need my gun and my life for the battles ahead I will be ready when the time comes. For destiny has been written and team wasteland is going down!.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh man, I sure am mad you gave out half your paycheck to a scam just to spite people you don't even know.

Re: I'm donating to pv13 just to piss all of you off!

Mortimus said:
How dare you mutants not allowed to throw in your support with wasteland?. Traitors!, and you call yourselves "hardcore fans". Posting shit that has nothing to do with fallout all the time. I am a real fan, I eat fallout, I think fallout, and I dream fallout! ( and I'm possibly crazy). As of this moment I declare that I will donate half of my pay check to interplay! just to piss mutants not allowed off :D. I'm team PV13 and team fallout for life, I hunt bethesda loving faggots and I will be the destroyer of bethesda... the champion of the wasteland!!!!. Interplay, I like you to know that if you need my gun and my life for the battles ahead I will be ready when the time comes. For destiny has been written and team wasteland is going down!.

I'm bla bla blba blub bla fan ,no mutants allowed you are not really fans.I'm eating blabla bla lbalbalb,I'm real fan.

Go there where you want and be what you want. The choice is your.

Re: I'm donating to pv13 just to piss all of you off!

Mortimus said:

Sweet. Listen, I was a SuperMod on the forums and a shareholder in Interplay and I've been working on an idea for an idea for a game for... well, years now. Lack of funds has left it in development hell for, well, years. And I am a TRUE fan so I'll take the other half of your pay cheque. Thanks man.

The fact of the matter is that people are bitching because they want a free copy of the game with the donation. Fuck off!... donations are made without expecting something in return. Is all the same to me, I will get my free copy if you know what I mean hahahahaha!. The important thing is to make this game happen. My holy campaign will obliterate bethesda and fallout wikia. The 2 main enemies of my fallout movement. Fallout wikia is secretly controlled by hight ranking officials of bethesda. Both will be demolished in the blink of an eye! hahahahaha!. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The fact of the matter is that people are bitching because they want a free copy of the game with the donation. Fuck off!...

Nope, they are not. They are bitching because this whole thing is stupid.

By the way, crowd-funding is not "donating" - never was.

I didn't even noticed it, because I was only reading the last post.

I think this is the universe's way of balancing out Todd Howard's #1 Fan. Let's go with the flow.

Back