Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 [shaking news and rumors!]

Call of Duty's realism is subjective, and more geared toward fun "Pseudo-realism".

AK-74 is not a fricken sub-machine gun, but to label it as such is good for balance.

If Call of Duty was realistic everyone would only use M-16s and Barrettas, then bitch about people who used grenades.

If call of duty was realistic then they'd have to put in true force feed back so I can actually reach through the internet and stab people.

That prestige edition is a bit lame, $150 for a bust of Soap who only now all of a sudden has a definitive face and voice, and some NVGs that will probly just jack up after a short time or will hardly work well at all in the first place.

Lame? I dunno, I think it's pretty cool. Any NVG's out there in the ~$150 range?

Also, Dopemine, AKS74U's are kind of submachinegun-ish.

I was saying that if I do play the multiplayer I just pray that it's not in there at all or that it just has some kind of good disadvantage to it to keep it from being a monster of a weapon that everyone constantly slings around.

Oh. Well, I'm sure the guys over at IW will come up with a decent system for balancing their MP mode. What made you think a situation like that would happen in the first place? Wasn't COD4's MP pretty well done?

150 for a game is just too much, i dont care if it a has a blowup doll with it, its 150. You could buy 3 games with that price.

Multiplayer was good if you cared for that stuff.
Untill everyone learned how to exploit the system.
And now its unplayable.
So they should do a better job next time.
Also, i WOULD FREAKING LIKE A GAME THAT COSTS 50-40 EUROS TO BE LONGER THAN 4 HOURS.
Oh, and please get rid of the respawning endless enemy wawes untill i move forward.

Wooz said:
Oh. Well, I'm sure the guys over at IW will come up with a decent system for balancing their MP mode. What made you think a situation like that would happen in the first place? Wasn't COD4's MP pretty well done?

Though I assume you're joking, I'll elaborate a bit.

It had wonderful multiplayer until people reached 65 level and started running around with overpowered weapons and perks giving you frags for dying (accursed Martyrdom). Though I still owned pretty muched everyone with a .45 colt (on hardcore mode, on normal mode I owned the map with MP5), I simply couldn't bear getting killed by an airstrike\helicopter\grenade barrage\martyrdom all the time. That and the fact that people rarely wanted to stick out their nose out of their hidey hole, where only like 2 pixels of them could be seen.

That is always the case with multiplayer games, I guess. It can be fun only for a time, then people start breaking it to become the bestest fragger around.

I sincerly doubt MW2 will have more balanced gameplay in multi, by the looks of the trailer. I've seen about 3 new ways to kill people without even having to see the dude you are about to obliterate. This isn't what *shooters* are for, isn't it? You are suppose to shoot people, at least that's what I always thought. Anything aside from your gun and knife is a distraction.

In short, I don't get why anyone's getting excited, it's a piece of crap NVG with a cheap plastic bust of a character that should remain faceless.

Soap's in MW2 so you see who he is, and his face. I don't have a problem with them giving him a face.

Dopemine Cleric said:
Call of Duty's realism is subjective, and more geared toward fun "Pseudo-realism".

AK-74 is not a fricken sub-machine gun, but to label it as such is good for balance.

If Call of Duty was realistic everyone would only use M-16s and Barrettas, then bitch about people who used grenades.
Yep.
Call of Duty's strength don't lie with its realism, they lie with its realistic feel, which is mostly achieved through atmosphere.

Consider that this game is also available for consoles, that means regeneration health and bouncing team-damage are still in the game. Or are they :o

MW with it's MP was okay, I prefer Treyarch over IW a good amount, 3 is easily one of my favorites of the CoD series, but I played MW for a good while, just some of the weapons/combinations allowed would piss me off to no extent.

Entire teams using nothing but deep impact and stopping power or juggernaut M16s with last stand on, good god almighty would that wear on your nerves quick. That and the damn P90 which seemed like it had infinite ammo sometimes by the way people would just wildly spray with it to kill you. Lastly the Barret that people could just sling around and hip fire full auto with super accuracy if need be.

Ravager69 said:
Though I assume you're joking, I'll elaborate a bit.

It had wonderful multiplayer until people reached 65 level and started running around with overpowered weapons and perks giving you frags for dying (accursed Martyrdom). Though I still owned pretty muched everyone with a .45 colt (on hardcore mode, on normal mode I owned the map with MP5), I simply couldn't bear getting killed by an airstrike\helicopter\grenade barrage\martyrdom all the time. That and the fact that people rarely wanted to stick out their nose out of their hidey hole, where only like 2 pixels of them could be seen.

That is always the case with multiplayer games, I guess. It can be fun only for a time, then people start breaking it to become the bestest fragger around.

I sincerly doubt MW2 will have more balanced gameplay in multi, by the looks of the trailer. I've seen about 3 new ways to kill people without even having to see the dude you are about to obliterate. This isn't what *shooters* are for, isn't it? You are suppose to shoot people, at least that's what I always thought. Anything aside from your gun and knife is a distraction.

-There is no level 65 in CoD4, the cap is 55.

-The higher level weapons aren't "overpowered" compared to the starting set. The strongest assault rifle is the m16 which you start with. The best pistol is the USP which again; you start with, and the best sniper rifle is the m40 which... you guessed it, you start with. I play exclusively in hardcore, so every gun is a 1-3 shot kill. All of the weapons are good, and each has their place.

-There are 16,883 servers at the moment. If you hate martyr/airstrikes/helis/grenades so much, go find one that has those turned off. There are tons of servers with that type of config and it's easy to find them.

-CoD4 has an insane amount of people playing it, and is pretty much the #1 played shooter out there besides like... cs1.6. If the multiplayer was "broken" like you claim it is, it wouldn't be that populated. You're the minority here.

Your last sentence is quite telling.

Anything aside from your gun and knife is a distraction.

Sounds like CoD is the wrong series for you, since having many different (and effective) ways to take out your enemy is one of the huge draws.

He probably doesn't have one of these to show:

[spoiler:a8fcd7ea37]
fudiodocarai.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist :mrgreen:[/spoiler:a8fcd7ea37]

This was today in a very friendly brazillian server called KGB - Kaxassa, Guerra e Bobagem (Booze, War and Bullshit). EVERYTHING excepts cheats are allowed, yet I fucking don't use GL, RPG, Martyrdom or Last Stand.

Airstrikes can be annoying, and Helicopter IS annoying. But it's also fun to use, so it's even.

That's what made CoD4 fun for me. Was just the multiplayer. The Russian Rainbow can vouch for my skill when my xbox died I wasn't all that great but I had lotsa fun. If CoD: MW2 multiplayer is just as fun as the first then I'm in.
Also I'd like to play CoD4 again. I miss it. A lot actually. There was nothing better than working my butt off at work. Coming home. Enjoy a beer and play some online frag fests in CoD4.
Well I'll be back in Wyoming soon with my CoD and Xbox again so if anyone wants to play. Let's.....play. Though I suck. :D

I_eat_supermutants said:
That's what made CoD4 fun for me. Was just the multiplayer. The Russian Rainbow can vouch for my skill when my xbox died I wasn't all that great but I had lotsa fun. If CoD: MW2 multiplayer is just as fun as the first then I'm in.
Also I'd like to play CoD4 again. I miss it. A lot actually. There was nothing better than working my butt off at work. Coming home. Enjoy a beer and play some online frag fests in CoD4.
Well I'll be back in Wyoming soon with my CoD and Xbox again so if anyone wants to play. Let's.....play. Though I suck. :D

I'll play again sometime, the only reason I play it at all anymore is only for friends, it's somewhat rare I play it on my own since too many public players are just asshats or griefers.

Also, on the thing for finding a game without helis and all that, if you don't have it on PC you can't just find a room without it, you just get tossed straight into a game, usually on a losing side spot that opened up mid-game and then you just get M107 camper/x3 frag/M16/P90 out the ass.

Wooz said:
Also, Dopemine, AKS74U's are kind of submachinegun-ish.

Not to be the corn in the poop, but it fires a rifle round 5.45mm. But the similarities are obvious. To be classified a sub-machinegun, the weapon must fire pistol ammunition, which is classified by bullet shape characteristics.

But it's all subjective anyways, and the guy who determined how long a foot or a centimeter was, probably used oddly shaped rocks and just labeled it the norm.

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
-There is no level 65 in CoD4, the cap is 55.

I've mistaken it with World at War, as there is 65 level. Not that it matters much, though. Haven't played MW for a year or so.

-The higher level weapons aren't "overpowered" compared to the starting set. The strongest assault rifle is the m16 which you start with. The best pistol is the USP which again; you start with, and the best sniper rifle is the m40 which... you guessed it, you start with. I play exclusively in hardcore, so every gun is a 1-3 shot kill. All of the weapons are good, and each has their place.

Oh yeah, p90 or Deagle isn't overpowered at all. An SMG with 50 bullets per clip, with almost no recoil (making your crosshair the size of a needle or a sniper-accurate pistol that let's you take down people on the other side of the map. RPD and M249 SAW also have little recoil when you aim down the sights, making it the ultimate camper weapon.

-There are 16,883 servers at the moment. If you hate martyr/airstrikes/helis/grenades so much, go find one that has those turned off. There are tons of servers with that type of config and it's easy to find them.

I simply got tired looking for them, since the ones I found enjoyable often died on me or turned into a fragfest sooner or later. Also, there seemed to be an increasing number of player using cheats. Autoaim + RPD = Deathmachine.

-CoD4 has an insane amount of people playing it, and is pretty much the #1 played shooter out there besides like... cs1.6. If the multiplayer was "broken" like you claim it is, it wouldn't be that populated. You're the minority here.

Which, in fact, does not prove anything.

Your last sentence is quite telling....Sounds like CoD is the wrong series for you, since having many different (and effective) ways to take out your enemy is one of the huge draws.

Perhaps I simply want the game I play on multi to be a skill contest with a lot of shooting and running, instead of playing "real war" ("For fuck's sake man, you are camping with a sniper rifle for the whole map" - "That's what you'd do in the real war!"). This isn't Operation Flashpoint, so get out of your hidey-hole and risk a bit. Does it really matter what score you have in the end?

I don't say using anything than a knife is lame, but it's too much for me if 90% of people on the server are either using Martyrdom\Last Stand\P90 or play a demolition expert, setting claymores all over the place and hiding in the corner to finish out any survivors. It's fine do to it from time to time (in SD for example, when you need to think to survive), but I'd expect people playing TDM to have more balls than to camp all the time.

The only bonus I use is UAV Recon, I usually ignore airstrikes and the helicopter. I also don't use most of the explosives 9even grenades), because I simply feel they have not been balanced right.

Back