Can we all just stop with the Bethesda hate? It's getting old

Now don't get me wrong but 1 and 2 are some of my favourite games but they came out in 1997 and 1998. eighteen years ago.
You don't know the best part yet! I'm listening to centuries-old music and admiring centuries-old paintings from the bottom of my heart. Deal with it.

CLASSICAL!!! I think we can all agree that all the best music and paintings come from the age of enlightenment. However Mark Morgan and some of other people are the exception.

If you think all new music si crap it's because you only listen to the top 40 hits on the radio like a pleb.

If you think all new music si crap it's because you only listen to the top 40 hits on the radio like a pleb.

I didn't expect such a response... well let me see, I hate rock and hip pop and I know quite a few songs, my friends subject them to me for sadistic fun. Bastards! :)

But seriously it's personal opinion. If you like them I couldn't care less. Oh I also like Soviet marches and some select pieces of German army songs.

Like a pleb... that's so sad...

Last edited:
yea I get it they messed up with Fallout 3 but Jesus Christ can we all just get over it!? It's been 7 years (I think) since Fallout 3 came out and honestly other people think the NMA community is a joke and won't come on NMA because of the fanatical Bethesda Bashing.
But don't you understand? The Fallout series is like the Hope Diamond of game IPs.

And we are the curse. :twisted:

Seriously they brought it on themselves with willful/ spiteful insult and maiming for the sake of being able to. They've willingly earned the enmity.

yea I get it they messed up with Fallout 3 but Jesus Christ can we all just get over it!? It's been 7 years (I think) since Fallout 3 came out and honestly other people think the NMA community is a joke and won't come on NMA because of the fanatical Bethesda Bashing.
But don't you understand? The Fallout series is like the Hope Diamond of game IPs.

And we are the curse. :twisted:

Seriously they brought it on themselves with willful/ spiteful insult and maiming for the sake of being able to. They've willingly earned the enmity.

I see what you did there. :D

But I reckon we're a blessing and a curse. We are curse to bad game developers (Bethesda) and a blessing to good ones (Obsidian).

I have met TONS of past members who decided to stop coming here and most of them said its because all you do is bash Bethesda and if you actually like Bethesda you get bombarded with posts pointing out why you shouldn't have that opinion. They think we're all idiots who can't deal with change. I mean this Bethesda Bashing thing was going on when I was on here in 2010 with my very first account. Seriously pick something new. There are alot of other problems then "eh Bethesda ruined bits of lore and ruined my favourite game! A 2D, top down, turn based RPG"
Now don't get me wrong but 1 and 2 are some of my favourite games but they came out in 1997 and 1998. eighteen years ago. You guys are just clinging on to a ghost basically. Now just get over it and accept change. If I can I'm pretty sure all of you could.

and no i'm not a Bethesda drone.

Where is your sword white knight?! En Garde!!

fencto3.jpg

I didn't expect such a response... well let me see, I hate rock and hip pop and I know quite a few songs, my friends subject them to me for sadistic fun. Bastards! :)

But seriously it's personal opinion. If you like them I couldn't care less. Oh I also like Soviet marches and some select pieces of German army songs.

(off-topic (not that that matters in a thread like this) post below)

As a rule of thumb, if you find _____ era of music bad, you are either not looking hard enough (read: at all) or are woefully closed-minded. Like y'all know how much 'rock' refers to, the time periods such a term may be found in? That's everything from Khanate to Stevie Ray Vaughan (and earlier) to Radiohead. Especially when you're saying you know quite a few songs, rather than albums, artists or subgenres. Like there are established genres/music scenes that mix jazz, hardcore punk, and dark ambient music. There's a few that mix big band, opera and groovy metal. Honestly m8 to say something like 'I hate rock' is - usually - to betray prejudice against an umbrella term based on an extremely limited library of reference. The other case tends to be an elitist and culturally blinkered view of classical music.

It's like when people say that electronic music sucks and, upon questioning, it is revealed that the most underground artist they know of is Daft Punk.

Last edited:

(off-topic (not that that matters in a thread like this) post below)

As a rule of thumb, if you find _____ era of music bad, you are either not looking hard enough (read: at all) or are woefully closed-minded. Like y'all know how much 'rock' refers to, the time periods such a term may be found in? That's everything from Khanate to Stevie Ray Vaughan (and earlier) to Radiohead. Especially when you're saying you know quite a few songs, rather than albums, artists or subgenres. Like there are established genres/music scenes that mix jazz, hardcore punk, and dark ambient music. There's a few that mix big band, opera and groovy metal. Honestly m8 to say something like 'I hate rock' is - usually - to betray prejudice against an umbrella term based on an extremely limited library of reference. The other case tends to be an elitist and culturally blinkered view of classical music.

It's like when people say that electronic music sucks and, upon questioning, it is revealed that the most underground artist they know of is Daft Punk.

I know, but keep in mind I'm not being elitist or close minded. I just like classical and my other examples better then anything else. Frankly I can't see why that is elitist and being prejudiced. I like it so there.

I guess that's why they always call us "Butthurt", we don't like it but they just can't get enough of it. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
I always say the following: People have different tastes, and I can't FAULT them for liking what they like. That's their taste, after all. But I CAN fault the things that they like THEMSELVES. I don't think I regularly see anyone here attack the notion of liking Bethesda's work so much as I see people attacking the work itself (or, more specifically, its flaws).

As I said elsewhere, criticism that is appropriate and rationally-derived is not to be confused with hate. Only at the time I was able to make a joke about it. This time... uh, too many "you're all wrong" threads. My patience wears thing. ~_~

The thing is, Bethesda fans CANNOT argue! Trust me, I tried! I gave them reason on reason why Skyrim was bad and why Fallout 3 was bad! But they just attacked me, calling me... welll the usual shit.
Probably because stating something is "bad" just pisses fans off. Skyrim is still one of the best hiking simulators ever, with overpowered horses.

Now just get over it and accept change. If I can I'm pretty sure all of you could.
I've accepted long ago that one of the most stylish and original computer games is being changed to generic and bland shit. No problem with accepting this fact at all!

In a perfect universe, they would just give the intellectual property of Morrowind over to Obsidian, or not cause Chris Avellone Left.

No I'm not looking up how to spell his last name. You don't know how tired I am.

'If I can I'm pretty sure you all you could too'

Oh sorry... I suffer some mental disorder meaning I can't accept change... yeah, sorry about that.

In the midst of Iraq and Afghanistan bombardment, some Americans would tell me to ease it with the America/War criticism - it was getting old.
Oh well paaardon meeeeeeeeeee

No. We can't "just stop it" with the "Bethesda hate"

Ill stop hating them when I have their skulls under my foot, their children sold as slaves, their wives raped, their dogs, cats and facebook friends killed and I see the Bethesda building reduced to ashes.
Does somebody think Im being too gentle with them?

Back