Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Stanislao Moulinsky, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Disney+to+Acquire+Lucasfilm+Ltd./7828436.html

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-creator/

O....kay? This was totally unexpected. Is this good or bad?

2. White Knight

White Knight Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 28, 2010
    I wasn't that fussed about Lucafilms being bought. I'm not a fan of their latest films. Then I saw the Star Wars: Episode 7 release target. Fuck you Disney. As if the franchise hadn't been ruined enough already.

3. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I just wanted to mention this after someone told me about it on Skype.

It's the fucking end times no doubt about it, the signs are all there.

4. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Ah well, Disney will probably make it more mature than Lucas.
    I mean, c'mon. You all WISHED the prequels would have been as hardcore as the Lion King.

5. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    Oh god, you just gave me a vision of a terrible idea; characters at some point in the story stopping what they are doing and starting to sing a song.

6. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Like the Christmas Special?

See, there's nothing Disney can do to Star Wars or Indiana Jones that hasn't already been done. They're dead, thoroughly raped franchises. Things can only get better, theoretically.

7. Mad Max RW

Mad Max RW Mildly Dipped

Jan 12, 2004
  8. White Knight

White Knight Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 28, 2010
    I'm not a fan of their live action films, but who knows, maybe they'll do what they did with Marvel and get a good director like Joss Whedon.

9. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    That was an image I didn't need.

I still cared for Indy despite that last terrible movie.

Its funny how so many interests from my childhood have gone through changes now, some good and most of them quite terrible.
    I think they have all had their turn now.

10. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    They plan to release a SW film every 2-3 years (other than ep. 7-8-9) and LucasArts will be focusing more on Social and Mobile.

11. DammitBoy

DammitBoy Carbon Dated and Proud

Feb 23, 2006
    But they'll probably get worse.

12. PlanHex

PlanHex Legislative Senator oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 4, 2007
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY[/youtube]

13. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I don't think a new Indiana Jones movie can be worse than the last.

14. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    Disney is the epitome of evil. The devil sold his soul to them in exchange for a single night of pleasure with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

15. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Augmented Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    So Disney acquired Marvel and now Lucasfilms? Maybe Pixar will make some awesome movies now huh?

16. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    You know what's even worse? Kingdom Hearts now has the chance to have both Marvel characters AND Star Wars characters. IT'S THE FUCKING APOCALYPSE, I SAY. RUN FOR YOUR LIFES! BARRICADE YOUR DOORS! STOCKPILE ALL THE NUTELLA AND TOILET PAPER YOU CAN! WE'RE ALL FUCKED!

But seriously, I doubt they could fuck up too bad, so long as they get a good director and don't fuck with the setting too much. I wonder what they'll do for Star Wars 7, anyway? Thrawn, Emperor clones, Yuuzhan Vhong?

17. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    This.

Lucas already fucked the series all by himself. Maybe with more control, and less sychophants telling him everything he makes is good we may finally have a decent SW movie.

18. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    I foresee much retconning of Zahn's books (7-8-9 logically taking place after 4-5-6). You know, the very only parts of Star Wars outside KOTOR that I consider actually good.

Then again, Disney is not as stupid as it was, and certainly less than Lucas.

I also have the strange impression that the new films will look like Pirates of the Caribeans, somehow.

19. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    This is a series that ended it's third (Episode VI) movie with the Carebears defeating the Galactic Empire and proceding to make a happy Dance.

20. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Revenge of the Sith was rated PG-13 and had some pretty violent stuff in it. Way more hardcore than Lion King.

Holiday Special had the Boba Fett cartoon, which was awesome.

I can understand that some people might not like the Prequels or Crystal Skull. But to say that both franchises are "raped", that's some serious hyperbole. :p

Well, they can't get specifically Joss Whedon because his Avengers 2 film is scheduled to come out the same year as Episode VII.

The Last Crusade was worse than Crystal Skull. I find it funny how some people don't like the idea of aliens in an Indy movie but they're fine with Brody being turned into a buffoon. Lost in his own museum once? Bullshit.

And while I said Last Crusade was worse than Crystal Skull, I still love both movies. I love all four actually. And I like Temple of Doom better than Crystal Skull and Last Crusade. *shrug*

As per the video that PlanHex posted, Lucas gave them his treatments for Episodes VII, VIII and IX.

Also, seriously, the Yuuzhan Vong and the whole New Jedi Order series were crap. Especially with what they did with Chewbacca. >_<