Do you think it's perfectly okay to dismiss Fallout 3...

You're better off getting NV. Even though it's buggier than Fallout 3 at this point, it's a better game in almost every way. But if you really love the gameplay of NV then you'll probably enjoy FO3 too. I actually prefer the wasteland of FO3 over NV.

Threepwood said:
Stanislao Moulinsky said:
Threepwood said:
FO3 has good companions? What?

He said "strong" companions. And Charon and Fawkes are indeed quite strong. Way too much, actually.

good characters

No he didn't.

Uhm...yes, yes he did.

Millim said:
If you want a good Storyline, good characters and loads of action, then go for New Vegas.

If you want strong conpanions, good game setting and helpful glitches, go for FO3.

And you even re-read it to reply. :lol:

New Vegas is the better game. Fallout 3 was a good game for me, but New Vegas just beats it in almost every way.

If I had to say Fallout 3 had anything over New Vegas it's a lot less glitchy at this stage and the setting is a lot more iconic. It's a shame but seeing Fallout's version of Vegas doesn't really compare to seeing the White House falling to bits.

I think I'll wait a little while to get a patch with most of the glitches fixed. If there's gonna be one at all. I've heard the console users weren't very pleased with the "final" products in their systems.

Yep - console users got screwed. Bethesda made little-to-no effort to fix the bugs on the Xbox and PS3. I'm not expecting better from FONV, to be honest.

>:[

just that its I think this time Obsidian responsible for the bug-fixing. But if I remember right they dont have the best history regarding that either.

Quoth said:
I think I'll wait a little while to get a patch with most of the glitches fixed. If there's gonna be one at all. I've heard the console users weren't very pleased with the "final" products in their systems.

There will be one and I I've not heard console gamers feel appreciably more screwed than PC users. Bugs abound on all platforms.

Actually, I've seen nothing but high praise from console users. New Vegas has been well received by everybody that actually touched it, it seems (outlier reviewers, like Rock Paper Scissors' guy, excluded).

kaelef said:
Yep - console users got screwed. Bethesda made little-to-no effort to fix the bugs on the Xbox and PS3. I'm not expecting better from FONV, to be honest.

>:[

No less than console kiddies deserve truth be told.
Back in the day you would trash the console for a computer by age 12.

Now it's
"...but I can't play with the mouse and keyboard... sniff".
"Get a controller?!?"
"Huh?"

New Vegas is more Fallout 3 than Fallout 3 is. Gameplay-wise it has a lot to do with Bethesda's F3, sure, but story-wise, it has a lot more to do with the two first games. I played F3, but I barely noticed any references to the events of that game, while playing FNV. I can say with certainty that you can play New Vegas without having played any Fallout game whatsoever, but if you want some extra fluff and continuity, you should play Fallout and Fallout 2 instead. In many ways, I consider FNV to be the true third part of the series - looking at the story - and I personally think of Bethesda's Fallout 3 as a spin-off.

If you want to realy apreciate NV play F1, FO2, FT, Dagerfall, Morrovind, Oblivion, F3 and NV. FNV is still worse than two oryginals but it's best game Betsesa published since Morrowind.
Only memorable thing from F3 was the scenic view of the ruins of Washington after you left the vault. Epic. But since I'm fascianted with westerns and NV themes I like Mojave Wastland more anyway.

Kindo said:
New Vegas is more Fallout 3 than Fallout 3 is. Gameplay-wise it has a lot to do with Bethesda's F3, sure, but story-wise, it has a lot more to do with the two first games. I played F3, but I barely noticed any references to the events of that game, while playing FNV. I can say with certainty that you can play New Vegas without having played any Fallout game whatsoever, but if you want some extra fluff and continuity, you should play Fallout and Fallout 2 instead. In many ways, I consider FNV to be the true third part of the series - looking at the story - and I personally think of Bethesda's Fallout 3 as a spin-off.

This.

FONV should be FO3 and FO3 should be FOCW.

Skip the trash. I never saw a game rendered so completly obsolete as FO3. If there is a succesor to a game or a new one in a series, the old one still gets played, because of the story and perhaps nostalgia.

Since the story of FO3 will at best give you headaches, it has nothing whatsoever to offer comparing to FO:NV. Everything is at least as good (bad) or better by lightyears. There is no point in purchasing FO3 if you can get FO:NV.

Vrede said:

Now it's
"Get a controller?!?"
"Huh?"

I'm 32 and play it on the XBOX 360. I've only had the game freeze on me once***. The only other bug I've seen so far is that the NCR & Primm attack ED-E when he is with me. I've heard a lot less complaining from XBOX users than the other platforms.

*** ADD: (in 60 hours of gameplay)

Vrede said:

Now it's
"Get a controller?!?"
"Huh?"

:| Console users aren't any less entitled to bug fixes than PC users. Though, I'm pretty sure console users have been having less problems overall, which isn't surprising because a console isn't a few thousand different combinations of hardware and software.

Never really got this console "kiddy" thing. I'd rather play on a $300 system, sitting on a couch with a 50+ inch screen and surrounded by a set of towering home theater speakers than on a 2000 dollar computer, sitting hunched over in my computer room. To each their own.

And then there are those who do both... which is probably friggin' sweet.

korindabar said:
Vrede said:

Now it's
"Get a controller?!?"
"Huh?"

:| Console users aren't any less entitled to bug fixes than PC users. Though, I'm pretty sure console users have been having less problems overall, which isn't surprising because a console isn't a few thousand different combinations of hardware and software.

Never really got this console "kiddy" thing. I'd rather play on a $300 system, sitting on a couch with a 50+ inch screen and surrounded by a set of towering home theater speakers than on a 2000 dollar computer, sitting hunched over in my computer room. To each their own.

And then there are those who do both... which is probably friggin' sweet.

Will... not... fight... PC vs Console battle...

Nalano said:

What battle? What is there to fight? Think you could convince me why I *need* to play on a PC anymore than I could enlighten you on the way of the console?

OP: Skip FO3 unless you can find it for 50% off. I would suggest passing on all of the DLC except maybe the Pitt. New Vegas is much better in pretty much every aspect.

Innawerkz said:
Nalano said:

What battle? What is there to fight? Think you could convince me why I *need* to play on a PC anymore than I could enlighten you on the way of the console?

OP: Skip FO3 unless you can find it for 50% off. I would suggest passing on all of the DLC except maybe the Pitt. New Vegas is much better in pretty much every aspect.

Now you're just messing with me.

And arguably The Pitt DLC had a better story than all of FO3.

Nalano said:
Now you're just messing with me.

And arguably The Pitt DLC had a better story than all of FO3.

Maybe some mild baiting! :lol:

No arguement. The Pitt WAS the best part of FO3 - and even then there was some room for improvement and was over way too quickly.

I think that consoleuser are far more screwed in the future then PC players sadly. Why ? Well they do not only pay substantialy more money for their games (around 60 compared to the 49 and sometimes 39! $ the new games cost around here) but they seem to face juast as the PC player more and more bugs with new games. And patching on consoles is a lot harder then on the PC simply cause with very popular games you have a chance that even if there happen to be no patchese around the community might try something. Not to mention that usualy you dont have to kiss either the butt of Sonny or Microsoft to release patches on the PC. Even if you release games on Steam games can be patched without the need of Steam.

Back