Elder Scrolls Six predictions

That's what many of us thought after F3 ... if there is one thing you should never say, then that it can't get any worse. Imagine if they SERIOUSLY get the idea to combine the world of Fallout and the Elderscrolls somehow, where theay say, you know! The Elderscrolls is simply Fallout a couple of thousand years ago! Or a different plane or something like that ... and Fallout 5 will have magic and Dragons. So yeah, things can get worse :p.
I see two ways of doing that.

1. The fallout universe is one of "sanguine's little pleasures"
  2. The elder scrolls universe is one of the universe created by the all mighty atom
Both are lazy and dumb.

All i expect out of tes 6 is to have as immersive environment as possible and a decent story. Morrowind was a big and beautiful world with simple mechanics and good gameplay, it let its environment do the talking, and i think thats where Bethesda excels the most. Im just worried that they will along side the compas, quest marker and fast travel mechanics, will put in more hand holding stuff.

-Same engine on its last legs being renamed and being told that it is indeed a new engine
-Console restrictions for PC users
-Engine limitations
-Every door leads to a loading screen
-long ass loading screens that would take less time to load if they didn't showcase game assets in a 3D model viewer-esque way
-Lousy DLC
-Only a few enemies on screen at a time
-Skills being fused together to create new named skills(ex short swords skill and long sword skill to create the "swords" skill)
-Reusing Fallout 4's assets
-Fan fiction level of writing
-More wonderful level scaling
-NPCs being walking cardboard cutouts with no ways to change their disposition towards you like say the way you could in Morrowind or any way to taunt them
-Radiant quests©
-Dated graphics with piss poor level of optimization
-More bugs then they would care to bother patching

All i expect out of tes 6 is to have as immersive environment as possible and a decent story. Morrowind was a big and beautiful world with simple mechanics and good gameplay, it let its environment do the talking, and i think thats where Bethesda excels the most. Im just worried that they will along side the compas, quest marker and fast travel mechanics, will put in more hand holding stuff.
Yeah coming to morrowind from skyrim... It was cool and refreshing having these more in-depth mechanics but more So having to land navigate was cool as hell imo. Loved how Well the journal did it's job. Much prefer it to quest markers.

Will definitely be a console port with bugger all PC-specific optimizations like UI, mouse/keyboard support & a dialogue system that supports more than 4 console controller buttons.. ermmm... I mean more than 4 dialogue choices.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and assume they will completely GIMP the Creation Kit [AGAIN] so that the modding community can't show up their paltry "PAID MODS DLC".

SNIP
-Lousy DLC
SNIP
-Skills being fused together to create new named skills(ex short swords skill and long sword skill to create the "swords" skill)
SNIP
1. Dragonborn wasn't too bad. Not SI levels of good, but fairly decent in it's own right.
2. That would be a massive improvement over the "One Handed," "Two Handed," and "Marksman" skills we got in Skyrim. Honestly, putting "swords" as one skill always made sense to me.

Since pretty much everyone has put pretty plausible predictions, I'll instead put up my wishlist for the game.

1. A soft reboot. Go back to before Oblivion but after Morrowind and branch off into an alternate universe. The Fourth Era wasn't well executed, IMHO.

2. Either a). a return to Morrowind, with Vvardenfell being the same size as it was in Morrowind and the rest of the province being modeled on that, or b). a game taking place in all of Tamriel, using Cyrodiil from Oblivion as the scale.

3. Two game modes, one based on Skyrim for the "dirty casuals," and one based on (but improved from) Morrowind for everyone else. The Skyrim mode would use all the same gameplay mechanics, while the Morrowind mode would have tweaked and fixed mechanics from Morrowind alongside a quest marker and fast travel that can be toggled on or off.

4. Different styles of weapons and armor for different races. A Nord wouldn't craft steel armor the same way as an Imperial, and an Altmer would craft it different from either of them. Each armor and weapon would have a racial style, and perhaps a few extras for funsies (the differences would be pretty much aesthetic, and perhaps a minor disposition bonus.)

5. Expanded weapon types. Divide weapon skills into Blades, Axes, Blunt Weapons, Spears, Archery, and perhaps the addition of muskets and flintlocks into something like Firearms (nothing really more advanced than that, unless you want the Dwemer to get in onto it.)

6. More people. IIRC, the township of Gnisis has more unique NPCs in it than the city of Solitude. There definitely needs to be more people in the cities.

7. Less dialogue per character, compared to Morrowind. Actually, I should say less "repeated" dialogue per character. I would much rather have unique and interesting characters compared to the boring mess that is Morrowind's dialogue.

8a. More voice actors. Bring in more than one voice actor, per race. Ideally, get many voice actors with distinctive voices, or get a few voice actors with great range.

8b. Use the popular voice actors more or not at all. If you hire Patrick Stewart, he better damn well be playing a really important character with a lot of dialogue and screentime. Otherwise, don't bother.

9. Make certain things more lore-friendly. For example, in "The Ruins of Kemel-Ze," dwarven constructs are said to be vulnerable to frost magic, and yet it's never really mattered in any of the games. The little things sometimes matter the most.

10a. No radiant quests.

10b. Give us quests that don't involve killing everything or give us a good reason to kill things/fetch things/deliver things. The former has an example in the second quest of Morrowind's Imperial Legion questline, where you have to cure a Kwama Queen. It's very simple, no need to gather ingredients or perform a complex ritual, you just find a scroll or spell of Cure Blight and cure the queen. The thing is, it feels like you're making a difference and you don't feel bogged down.

11. Hire a few really good writers. If at all possible, get people like JE Sawyer and Chris Avellone. I'm not even kidding here, those would be awesome to have on the staff.

12. Fire a few really bad writers. Looking at you, Emil.

You can be pretty sure that the next Elder Scrolls game, will be in a region that is very similar to Skyrim and/or Cyrodil. Why? Because they want to offer a generic product. The last game, where they wanted to make something different was Morrowind. Visualy and with the setting. Morrowind was not the deepest RPG out there, but it was a believable setting. Their take on slavery nad the culture of the Dunmer, with the living gods also known as the Tribunal was pretty interesting from the Lore. It made fun to explore the world and it's alien setting. Oblivion on the other hand, was Lord of the Rings as generic fantasy setting and the same was true with Skyrim, even though it was visually better and the world was more interesting compared to Oblivion, it was still bland and very generic.

And I have absolutely no doubt that their next game, will try to follow that pattern. I would love if they actually tried to explore something like Blackmarsh. A setting and society that isn't just about humans, or maybe only as little as possible. With the Argonians and certain snake races with an atzek like architecture and a complex society that you havn't seen that often in RPGs so far. I would really welcome that. But, some actually believe that we will see one of the Elven nations. Why? Beacuse it gives them another chance to do something with high-fantasy. That same generic crap that we've seen over and over again.

Well I already posted this in another thread but it fits here:

1) Dialogue wheel because they've already implied (as shown in previous posts) that their current fanbase hates reading and thinking.

2) Voiced protagonist because they and their fanbase confuse the presence of voice acting with quality.

3) No skills or stats, but there will be a perks system that resembles the standard boring console game upgrade system

4) Preston Garvey giving you infinite MMO dungeon crawling quests.

5) You will not be able to complete quests without quest markers because Bethesda and its fanbase thinks dialogue and reading and thinking are stupid.

6) There will be a Fallout 4 Vault as an "easter egg" dungeon.

7) You will be the leader of every single faction in the game, and probably Emperor of Tamriel, within a few quests.

8) Tamriel Workshop Crafting DLC $50

9) Aliens.

10) There will only be 2 major cities, you will have to create the rest of the game world with the settlement crafting system.

10/10 Game of the Year "A Near Perfect Video Game!" "Most hardcore RPG of all time!"

1. Dragonborn wasn't too bad. Not SI levels of good, but fairly decent in it's own right.
It was boring and banal, just more kill and killing.

2. That would be a massive improvement over the "One Handed," "Two Handed," and "Marksman" skills we got in Skyrim. Honestly, putting "swords" as one skill always made sense to me.
How? It makes no sense putting all swords into one skill, short swords and longswords would make no sense together. One is used one handed and is lighter while the other is heavier, bigger in length, and used with two hands. It's called making the game for casuals because picking out skills for a character to avoid making them a Jack of all Trades is teh hard.

2. Either a). a return to Morrowind, with Vvardenfell being the same size as it was in Morrowind and the rest of the province being modeled on that,
Yeah an inferior "Elder Scrolls III" sounds more like it.

while the Morrowind mode would have tweaked and fixed mechanics from Morrowind alongside a quest marker and fast travel that can be toggled on or off.
Quest markers need to be ditched period. A game with quest markers built into it usually means that's the only way to find your destination due to a lack of directions(which Bethesda has loved doing as of recent times) and that the developers want to make sure to hold your hand.

How? It makes no sense putting all swords into one skill, short swords and longswords would make no sense together. One is used one handed and is lighter while the other is heavier, bigger in length, and used with two hands. It's called making the game for casuals because picking out skills for a character to avoid making them a Jack of all Trades is teh hard.

Yeah an inferior "Elder Scrolls III" sounds more like it.

Quest markers need to be ditched period. A game with quest markers built into it usually means that's the only way to find your destination due to a lack of directions(which Bethesda has loved doing as of recent times) and that the developers want to make sure to hold your hand.
1. I thought it made for some interesting lore and a continuation of the story. The actual gameplay was pretty dull, though.

2. While there's a lot of difference between a dagger and a claymore, there's not a whole lot between, say, a longsword and a shortsword. I've always felt that you should either combine the skills, or have a bonus to levelling one when you level the other, since many of the same skills will carry over.

3. I'm thinking more of an expansion on the best concepts of Morrowind.

4. Do you even remember quests like the first House Redoran quest? I would have killed (or, you know, written a strongly-worded letter) to have quest markers. The best system would be to include directions in dialogue and in the journal system while allowing people to have a quest marker. It's better than not having quest markers at all and/or forcing quest markers onto somebody.

Maybe Bethesda will have good writers... right? RIGHT?

I'm kinda hoping Bethesda fires Emil and hires people like Avellone and JE Sawyer.

That DLC is actually where my biggest memory of Skyrim came from. Yeah walking around the coast and seeing a lurker come up from the ground for the first time when you're level ten is probably better than any experience they planned for you. Also the Rieklings were kinda nice, I liked that you could become cheif of one of their tribes.

2. While there's a lot of difference between a dagger and a claymore, there's not a whole lot between, say, a longsword and a shortsword. I've always felt that you should either combine the skills, or have a bonus to levelling one when you level the other, since many of the same skills will carry over.
Makes no sense, how can you work with a short sword and become good with say a claymore even though they're different? You might as well remove all skills if you're gonna dumb down everything.

3. I'm thinking more of an expansion on the best concepts of Morrowind.
I'm pretty sure most of the people if not all of them left since Morrowind so all you're gonna get is an extremely poorly written watered down experience. You might as well play Morrowind then.

4. Do you even remember quests like the first House Redoran quest? I would have killed (or, you know, written a strongly-worded letter) to have quest markers. The best system would be to include directions in dialogue and in the journal system while allowing people to have a quest marker. It's better than not having quest markers at all and/or forcing quest markers onto somebody.
Why would you need a quest marker if you have directions? Quest markers also make you just focus on the compass and the direction you're going and undermining the creation of the environment you'll less than likely focus on.

I don't wish emil unemployment but I too wish that he'd at least get a different job.
Coffee boy.

That DLC is actually where my biggest memory of Skyrim came from. Yeah walking around the coast and seeing a lurker come up from the ground for the first time when you're level ten is probably better than any experience they planned for you. Also the Rieklings were kinda nice, I liked that you could become cheif of one of their tribes.
I didn't care much for mirrak and Dragon riding felt like a dumb gimmick. But it was cool to visit another plane of oblivion other than the generic as fuck deadlands we saw in oblivion. Ay you guys should read up on the oblivion planes because some sound legitimately freaky and/or cool.

Makes no sense, how can you work with a short sword and become good with say a claymore even though they're different? You might as well remove all skills if you're gonna dumb down everything.

I'm pretty sure most of the people if not all of them left since Morrowind so all you're gonna get is an extremely poorly written watered down experience. You might as well play Morrowind then.

Why would you need a quest marker if you have directions? Quest markers also make you just focus on the compass and the direction you're going and undermining the creation of the environment you'll less than likely focus on.
1. I'm thinking more of the same motions and training. A better system would be that instead of becoming good with a longsword by training with a dagger, you'd have an advantage on training your "long blade" skill because some of the skills would carry over. Consider that claymores and longswords are both under the "long blade" skill, but they're both significantly different weapons that should honestly have their own skills. And, again, it's still an improvement on Skyrim.

2. Hence why I'd want to hire better writers.

3. My point is that the directions were, more often than not, terrible. Wild goose chases ensued because of poor (or even a total lack of) directions. There's the first Redoran quest, the second-to-last Legion quest, several parts of the main quest, and several more that don't immediately spring to mind. The best system to provide good directions while still having the quest marker available for those who want it. There's nothing wrong with having the option, and if done right, it could work.

Now that's too much to hope for!

A New Vegas fanboy can dream.

Back