Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Robot said:
And one hero must kill over 9000 dragons!
Is this after he chugs 9000 penises? Honestly I couldn't give a shit about TES 5 after the frankly forgettable Oblivion and tepid "Fallout" 3. It's kind of weird that this news was even posted here... this -is- a Fallout site, yes?

EDIT: Ah, I see, Brother None... I guess that is related will keep from from hating "Fallout" 4 for a good while, not like I'll play it.

korindabar said:
Bethesda are already working on their next title most likely, since they develop in overlaps.
Well that explains why their games suck... huh.

Yeah, I knew they would use the ever-shitty Gamebryo engine again, ugh. Wake me up when Obsidian gets another crack at Fallout.

Wait, was I supposed to get excited from this trailer? Hyped? Inspired? It was boring like hell, and was a slow way to tell "we have dragon(s), and it's likely that the boss will be a dragon". So what?

I am actually a bit excited. Looking forward to a new TES!

Little Robot said:
Putting a completely new spin on dragons-- and bringing them into a medieval European-style world-- is one of the most major draws of this game, I'd say.

I'm loving the sarcasm in this thread. I mean that non-sarcastically.

grayx said:
Ah, yes. You are from now on, haters by default, if you have any speck of skepticism in awesomeness of this game.

Of Course. The same way you are a mindless console fag if you liked Oblivion even slightly :roll:

Man, i hope they'll put some cool and rad stuff in the game. I hope the dragons will shoot lasers out of their eyes. And you'll be able to mount them and have dragon fights with lasers and you'll have laser spells that make things explode and your dragon can breathe laser fire that makes things explode and you can explode so stuff can explode and you can throw lasers and things will explode and you can throw laser dragons or summon robot dragons with lasers that explode explosions.

I'm hyped.

Threepwood said:
It looked good.

Then the dragon appeared.

Why. Why. Why.

Because they wondered: - "Hmmm, what is the most generic thing we can put in a fantasy game? Wait... Of course!"

They are just getting prepared for the best game ever made: TES VI: Saving the princess from the dragon.

Hey, Nintendo did it.

Gaddes said:
Was kinda hoping for some ingame footage since the Toddler has been hyping the visuals being so good you'll never know it was running on gamebryo. And honestly, I'm looking forward to what empty promise Todd and the gang will make, looking at you mounted combat.
Even if mounted combat made it in, I imagine it'd be pretty much terrible anyway. Remember, this is Gamebryo, and in particular it's Gamebryo as used by Bethesda. In case you forgot what that means, I'd like you to boot up Oblivion again for a few minutes. :3

sea said:
Gaddes said:
Was kinda hoping for some ingame footage since the Toddler has been hyping the visuals being so good you'll never know it was running on gamebryo. And honestly, I'm looking forward to what empty promise Todd and the gang will make, looking at you mounted combat.
Even if mounted combat made it in, I imagine it'd be pretty much terrible anyway. Remember, this is Gamebryo, and in particular it's Gamebryo as used by Bethesda. In case you forgot what that means, I'd like you to boot up Oblivion again for a few minutes. :3

Haha, yes. It is amazing they are still using that shitty engine after all these years, it's sad actually. You'd think with all the money they waste on Todd Howard and marketing they would be able to hire someone competent enough to build them a better engine, or at least lease a better one.

And of course there's no news of "Fallout" 4, they haven't fully raped New Vegas of DLC potential just yet. After that is over, they will probably crank out another shitty "Fallout" game themselves... then, hopefully, give Obsidian another chance to redeem the series.

They are using a supposedly improved version of Gamebryo, not the same one as Oblivion or Fallout 3.

Briosafreak said:
MutantDwarf said:
Also: The voice over in that teaser was terrible.

I'll have to disagree there. Everything in the trailer leaves me cold, except the voiceover. Every RPG or sandbox game needs Max Von Sidow. Hell every game needs him. He's just that cool.

Meh - maybe it's just the frankly horrible writing that makes the voiceover sound so not good to me.

gumbarrel said:
grayx said:
Ah, yes. You are from now on, haters by default, if you have any speck of skepticism in awesomeness of this game.

Of Course. The same way you are a mindless console fag if you liked Oblivion even slightly :roll:

Nobody said that. But let me guess: you must be a console player.

grayx said:
gumbarrel said:
grayx said:

Nobody said that. But let me guess: you must be a console player.
Looks like some, implicitly, just did say that.

Hopefully the game will be cool. I hope the terrain of the map is diverse enough to feel interesting, and not just the same mountain+snow all around.

sea said:
Gaddes said:

Oh, no worries. I remember Oblivion in all it's shittyness. I'm actually busting out laughing at the prospects of mounted combat with Bethsoft grade animations. lol.

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
I want screens, dammit! I want to see if they are really still using Gamebryo and how much they managed to improve it.
Bethesda have confirm that there using the light speed(gamebryo),and from the video I saw...the engine looks great!

grayx said:
Nobody said that.

Not in this thread specifically, but you don't need to search far and wide to find that type of attitude on these forums :roll:

But let me guess: you must be a console player.

The only console I ever had was the NES. Nice try though :smugoticon:

It is amazing they are still using that shitty engine after all these years, it's sad actually.

What is sadder, actually, is all the people begging them to use ID Tech 5 (or whatever the new ID Engine is called). An engine, that we've never actually played on and that might be just as buggy as Gamebryo.

sampson70 said:
Stanislao Moulinsky said:
I want screens, dammit! I want to see if they are really still using Gamebryo and how much they managed to improve it.
Bethesda have confirm that there using the light speed(gamebryo),and from the video I saw...the engine looks great!

Do you have a link to where they confirmed that? I would really like to know if they're using Lightspeed or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back