Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Sub-Human said:
... the game is aimed exactly at that (you save the day, damn it!).

No you don't, you do a ton of fetch quests for someone else, kill some of the big bads for someone else and then that someone else kills the main boss in the game and gets most of the praise even though he spends most of the game sitting on a chair.
Screw you Martin Septim!

@Sea; any Link to that footage? Not that I doubt you but I would still like to see the game in action before making a decision.

I just hope dragons are fun to fight and not level scaled, but if they can attack anywhere I doubt they will have an evil lizard drop down and randomly one shot the player.

Good to know the voice acting is fine and level scaling is manageable now, at least. But the rest is certainly worrying.

That UI is fucking laughable. And you can tell they won't even bother changing it for the PC version.

sea said:
Interesting lore quip from Skyrim: a preacher in the game says that Tiber Septim was one of the dragonborn. Was this ever mentioned in any of the books, background lore, dialogue etc. in previous games, or did they just throw that shit in there?

If I remember correctly, Tiber Septim was the last human able to use dragon shouts. I thought he grew from being a nobody to being the greatest general of all of Tamriel. If he where Dragonborn, it would contradict the whole rags to riches story of his life. I doubt someone of such prestige would be a nobody. Being a dragonborn screams prophecy and Septim had no prophecy heralding his coming.

Haha the guy starts a fight that an npc told him to start,the NPC calls the villagers and they start attacking him, the fight with the NPC ends, gives him a quest item and ten goes back to attacking him, that was hillarious.

Alphadrop said:
That video really needs a best of compilation. 3 hours of a guy getting confused is kinda boring.

He spends the last 22 minutes trying to pick a lock.

Haha the guy starts a fight that an npc told him to start,the NPC calls the villagers and they start attacking him, the fight with the NPC ends, gives him a quest item and ten goes back to attacking him, that was hillarious.

I like that the npc in the towns are getting more and more terrified if you use the dragon shouts (one of them sounds like "ULF!" which is a german name, hilarious), if you do that all the time the guards come and havea word with you.

Surf Solar said:
Alphadrop said:
That video really needs a best of compilation. 3 hours of a guy getting confused is kinda boring.

He spends the last 22 minutes trying to pick a lock.

I like that the npc in the towns are getting more and more terrified if you use the dragon shouts (one of them sounds like "ULF!" which is a german name, hilarious), if you do that all the time the guards come and havea word with you.
While that one thing Alphadrop described was rather bad and a shining testament to Radiant AI's idiocy, I like that the townspeople at least react to you firing Kamehameha Waves from your mouth at will.

Yep, that wasn't intended to badmouth it, I actually liked it as said. So far I am a bit surprised of the actual game, judging by that 3h gameplay video it's not as bad as I thought - but then again I was always a sucker for barren, frozen wasteland landscapes. I like the extended crafting system, the less derpy dialogs and the lack of levelscaling. The music is decent, reminds me of the earlier works for Icewind Dale from Jeremy Soule, the sounddesign is very nice (atleast I didn't hear anything wrong on my headphones). It's a nice action adventure I'll probably even grab when it's down to 10 euro or lend it from my brother. If only it would be in some isometric perspective... :(

I like th little visual details, liek when you go to cook he goes to th pot and starts mixing things there before the menu opens, also it looks liek you have a "Go there" command for companions, but I think if they hadintegrated the Companion Wheel into the game it would work better.

sea said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNUJ7hKStNs

Completely unrelated link.
Those people from north must be real men though. running around half naked in the mountains and snow.

And then again the first mod to be created for the game is...an inventory sorter. :shock:

Common people, we are in 2011.
2011!!!

Some of the ones in the thievery skill set aren't just %. Zooming with bows, stealing weapons and armour the dude is wearing at the time and so on.
Actually that one just sounds weird.

The ones for melee weapons allow special moves, such as shield charges and decapitation. But all the magic perks seemingly just give damage/duration boost to spells, sadly. After looking at the perks I will probably do a two-handed/bows character for my first, magic is for pussies anyway. Albeit the Pickpocket perk that allows 100 lbs of equipment is tempting too.

brfritos said:
And then again the first mod to be created for the game is...an inventory sorter. :shock:

Common people, we are in 2011.
2011!!!
I am sure they will make your nude mods if you just give them some time.They can't do everything in the first week. :roll:

Back