Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So is this really what Skyrim's graphics look like?

[spoiler:7448f97c4d]
Sheogorath-Skyrim.jpg
[/spoiler:7448f97c4d]

Uh, seriously? he looked much better in Oblivion, for pete's sake. I am glad to see him back, however, he was one of the very few NPCs with an actual personality. But isin't he supposed to be, you know... gone?

Well that is a console screenshot, I guess it would look betteron a good pc.

I MIGHT buy this game (I don't like medieval shit but I like Nordic settings, yeah I know, doesn't make sense) but probably two months after release so there are good mods out.

He's a Daedric Prince.

That means a wizard did it.

Aye, but the player is supposed to have replaced him after Jygalagg (or however you spell it) was defeated. Unless Shivering Isles is non-canon. Or being a fabulously dressed, insane old man just comes with the job naturally, mayhaps.

Well that is a console screenshot, I guess it would look betteron a good pc.

I certainly hope, so, but I doubt there will be a lot if differences. Oblivion and the Fallout's didn't look noticeably better on PC than on consoles, IIRC (sans mods, of course).

Crni Vuk said:
sea said:
As I said: Oblivion has a great underlying framework and huge potential for being a great RPG

Just that we can not play a game on "potential" alone. What does that "Potential" help if it is not used correctly or if the framework has no meaning. People can finish the game on level 1 or 2 just as well like on level 50 (more or less). There is also no oportunity to role play any charcter in the game. I recomed reading again the review on the codex about Oblivion

I mean its like saying that that some person has awesome skills in doing art and drawing. Well what does it help if he never is doing art ?

The Fallout games can be finished on level 1 or 2 as well.

The Fallout games can be finished on level 1 or 2 as well.

You mean, if you have prior knowledge of the game? Sure. But the game doesn't encourage you to stay at level 1 via an utterly broken level scaling system. That's the issue here.

Somehow I don't think Bethesda give a flying fuck about canon anymore. If they want to change something, they will, continuity be damned. They've already used "a wizard did it" as an excuse to alter the geography of entire continents before, I think saying "Sheogorath decided to come back" is a step down from that if anything.

True. The Warp in the West and transforming Cyrodill from a lush tropical province into generic fantasyland is far worse than what amounts to a god in the setting coming back. Here's hoping the canon defilements stay that small.

There is a rumour that something is wrong with texture resolution on gold version and they're gonna patch it right after start. That's probably why those textures look somewhat cheap.

sadly the same probably will not be true for the story since its usually bugged on every version (console and PC as well) with boredom. But they never bothered to fix that.

Guiltyofbeingtrite said:
Ordered it for the girlfriend, I'm fully expecting Fallout 3 with spells. Oh wait, you can "dual wield" spells.

I'm expecting a weird cross between Fallout 3 and Bioshock 2.

And the xbox360 version has such a low Metacritic score of 95. :roll:

The reviews slam quite a lot of the bugs here and there, but they just ignore it and give it 100s. But I thought that was the cool reason for slamming New vegas and lowering the score. :)

EDIT: TBH there doesn't seem to be such crash/freeze bugs yet.

From what I've heard, Skyrim has some improvements over Oblivion:

1.The game seems to have dialogue trees which is quite odd for a beth game.

2.The players can now choose some skill-specific abilities called perks!!!

3.Last but not least, the composer isn't Inon Zur anymore which is undoubtedly a major plus.

Shitton of reviews incoming. 95/100 on Metacritic now with 26 reviews. As you'd expect, all reviews are between 9-10, because if you get a review copy you'd better give it a 9 or higher or you'll get blacklisted.

Some notes on shitty textures, shitty AI and a laughably bad PC interface, but otherwise everyone is masturbating.

Back