Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beelzebud said:
very awesome mod. Thanks for all the work it took to get this together.

I have now beaten the game with the mod and I just have one question.

Was the Fallout 2 Handbook broken? It doesn't seem to work like it used to. Any easy way to fix it?

No, it's not broken, that's just the way it works now. You get 999/999 as regards your HPs and 10 for each stat

Yeah, before we could get a lot of perks. Now you'll have to fight to get them fairly.

I just tried the knife and spear quest for the primitive tribe again. It is bugged.
Sharpened spears will only be accepted if you already have enough weapons when you get the quest. If you have to collect them after getting the quest, only normal spears will be accepted.
Also, sharpened spears don't get removed from inventory. If there are say 3 normal and 2 sharpened spears, only the normal ones get removed, and if there are 5 sharpened and 5 normal spears, none gets removed.

Beelzebud said:
Was the Fallout 2 Handbook broken? It doesn't seem to work like it used to. Any easy way to fix it?
It's not broken but changed. If you want to change it back you have to remove some file if I remember correctly. It's posted somewhere in this thread. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Vault City computer? Can't remember which one it was.

cheers

Edit: I write way to slow.

I just made it to the EPA last night, and I seem to have found a bug. Everything works fine when I crawl through the ventilation shafts and get to the first room. However, when I get onto the elevator, and try to go to other rooms in the EPA, I get an "application error" and the game crashes.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any idea about what I should do?

I do notice on the first post on the thread that it's suggested that I uninstall and re-install the game if I encounter crashes. I've put a lot of time and effort into my current character, though, and I'm just not to thrilled with the idea of having to start over.

Something else from Gecko:

Skeeter

Skeeter has this thing in his script where he won't ask you to go to the reactor for the 3-step plasma transformer unless you currently have a weapon in your inventory that he can upgrade for free. it makes no sense that he doesn't need the thing unless you need something in return.

Any way of adjust this "quest" so that he'll ask you to get the part as long as you've completed the super took kit exchange? The reward can remain the same, but you don't have to collect on it until you have a weapon for him to upgrade. In fact, if you leave the quest in the log as "Give Skeeter a weapon to Upgrade" until you do, that way you won't forget you have that marker to turn in at some point.

Hi all, i have a problem and i am using a restoration point 1.1 (manual) patch. anyways when i got the location from traveler for EPA, and when i go there, i got the game crashed when i go to sub levers like 1 2 3 ... any tips?

Edit: its not only the elevator... i got the game buged when i want to go out from the place where is the "sick doctor" in EPA and when i get on the green passage ground my game stops... same in the vault city and same in the Abbey ... i would like to get some help thanks a lot

Overseer said:
Hi all, i have a problem and i am using a restoration point 1.1 (manual) patch. anyways when i got the location from traveler for EPA, and when i go there, i got the game crashed when i go to sub levers like 1 2 3 ... any tips?

Edit: its not only the elevator... i got the game buged when i want to go out from the place where is the "sick doctor" in EPA and when i get on the green passage ground my game stops... same in the vault city and same in the Abbey ... i would like to get some help thanks a lot
Did you try the link two and three posts above yours?

I have a strange problem since installing this mod. Once I get Cassidy, whenever I enter combat, Sulik and Vic act like complete cowards and run away, although both are at full health. Even if shot at they don't respond anymore. This is extremely frustrating and I don't know what to do (tried every setting in Combat Control, changing distances, etc...). Any ideas?

chris.kaister said:
I have a strange problem since installing this mod. Once I get Cassidy, whenever I enter combat, Sulik and Vic act like complete cowards and run away, although both are at full health. Even if shot at they don't respond anymore. This is extremely frustrating and I don't know what to do (tried every setting in Combat Control, changing distances, etc...). Any ideas?
Have you checked if they have broken limbs? Every time I've seen this come up, that's been the answer.

cheers

@Darek
Yes i tried but still my game stops when i want to go out from EPA (where the doctor is)...

edit: here is the example where my game stops when i enter the green ground... same in abbey and in EPA... and now its in all towns like that... i cant play anymore i think something from EPA is destroyed some file in my game so in all towns is the same thing my game stops please help

Overseer said:
@Darek
Yes i tried but still my game stops when i want to go out from EPA (where the doctor is)... same in abbey and in EPA... and now its in all towns like that... i cant play anymore i think something from EPA is destroyed some file in my game so in all towns is the same thing my game stops please help
Hmm, sorry I don't know what to say. It sounds to me that your savegame has gotten corrupted. Try to load an earlier save and see if that one works.
I don't think anything in EPA can possibly destroy your game files. But you can always try to uninstall the game (keep your old saves) and then reinstall it again.

good luck

i tried to load from all my savegames and its same. tried to reinstall 3 times and nothing... i just dont know really what to do... anyway thanks

I cannot find Fred in the Den anymore.

Sorry if this isn't a new bug. I remember having a hard time finding him before, but once I knew what he looked like, and when/where he appeared, he was always there. It used to be in the North room of Flick's place in the evening. Now, I have looked all over, rest one hour, rest another hour, leave the map and come back several times until morning, no Fred.

Spent a couple days doing other quests and kept checking back. Made it all the way to Modoc and VC, and back - still no Fred.

Just wondering if one of the game changes might have caused this?

Morticia said:
I cannot find Fred in the Den anymore.

Sorry if this isn't a new bug. I remember having a hard time finding him before, but once I knew what he looked like, and when/where he appeared, he was always there. It used to be in the North room of Flick's place in the evening. Now, I have looked all over, rest one hour, rest another hour, leave the map and come back several times until morning, no Fred.

Spent a couple days doing other quests and kept checking back. Made it all the way to Modoc and VC, and back - still no Fred.

Just wondering if one of the game changes might have caused this?
Fred seems to work as normal to me. When you hold the mouse over him before you've talked to him, it says "citizen of the Den". I don't know how much he wanders around cause I always find him where you said. After you lend him money he can often be found in Becky's place.

OKay, this may have been mentioned, but I haven't seen it yet.

In the Prim. Tribe when I rescue Serin I get the quest reward, but he never appears in the village. I've done this by carrying him myself or getting the guy outside to do it. If I use doctor on his leg and heal it his text never changes (he still acts surprised as if you're an enemy) and he never gets up.

If I go back to the cave after the quest I find his sprite lying in the middle of the wall on the left side of the cave.

I'd be okay with this, but I keep thinking there is another quest after him because the village chief never gave me anything useful information or quest wise.

i get some chrashes...

At the bottom of the old military base, the guy who teleports in monsters, after teleporting in 3 deathclaws and 2 firebreathing geckos the game crashes, needing a reboot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back