Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mvBarracuda said:
Mac version is unlikely as the patches are based on Timeslips engine tweaks that rely on modified binaries. These modified binaries (ddraw.dll) won't work on Macs.

Thank you. I guess I'll have to install on my windows and hope it works :D

For what it's worth, this mod was mentioned in the April 2008 edition of PC Powerplay (Australian PC games magazine) in a two-page spread on the Fallout series.

This is not a programming bug at all, but in the Abbey and EPA (that I recall) I have noticed several dialogue lines that are mis-spelled: "would" as "ould", two words 'withno' space between them, and minor things like that.

I suppose this would only bother someone playing the English version, and even then you can still tell what was meant.

Now I don't know what is involved with fixing these things. Someone sent me a section of game code to show node options based upon skill points for another question I had. The code may as well be Chinese for all I know, but maybe there is a list somewhere of the dialogue lines referred to that I could look at and make corrections to.

My opinion is to let programmers worry about programming and artists worry about art, and so forth, according to their specialties. I would be honored to do this for the project if someone could send me such a list in text format I can work with. No credit or mention required, just to make the Restoration Project the best it can be.

So i installed Fallout 2. Do i need to install the official patch, then killap's patch and all those fixes?

Install the mod?

Best outcome is install the v 1.0 Humongous Fallout, then the Mod. Nothing else.

Should you install the patched Fallout, then you have to monkey around with ini file to make it unpatched. Search the threads for way to do it.

You dont have to install the unofficial patch or other official patchs whatsoever

Hey Killap. I'm afraid I've had more problems with running NPCs. I decided to kill all the squatters in the orphanage. I locked both exits and started shooting. One of them still escaped through the northwest corner of the building that is hanging off the edge of the map. Now the quest remains permanently incomplete since I ended combat and saved before I went back to the corner I saw him run to to kill him.

Omegawolf said:
Hey Killap. I'm afraid I've had more problems with running NPCs. I decided to kill all the squatters in the orphanage. I locked both exits and started shooting. One of them still escaped through the northwest corner of the building that is hanging off the edge of the map. Now the quest remains permanently incomplete since I ended combat and saved before I went back to the corner I saw him run to to kill him.

That's not a bug, it's just bad luck. (or getting frustrated and hitting F6 when you want F5, and vice-versa)

I had the same problem at Slaver's Camp: one of those guys would always run off the map where I couldn't get him, and if you are too badass, they will NEVER wander back into range, like Radscorpions and Geckos will.

I solved this at Slaver's Camp the same way you are trying to do at the big building, by locking the doors first. If that doesn't work though, it isn't a fault of the script. It's meant to be realistic and 'Shit happens' so load a saved game and try again.

edit: (There are only 5 squatters in that building, 2 have a knife and one a crowbar! Only 2 doors also. No offence meant, but how was it possible for anyone to escape?)

I've been running into the car trunk bug, where instead of opening it as a container, it is picked up into the player inventory. Over the last couple days I did actually go through this ENTIRE thread, and there is no solution yet.

It was suggested that the bag from the toilet in Modoc could be the cause, but it is not. I have had the trunk bug strike before I go to Modoc, with the bag in my inventory, and with the bag sitting on the ground (after I dropped it from inventory). The bug has also occurred both before and after I get the fuel cell controller and buy the car from Smitty.

The first time I ran into the bug, I was in Vault City with Sulik, Vic, and Cassidy, and it was the first time I had tried to use the trunk on that runthrough of the game. (I had the B-Team mod installed with the expansion).

I used Add/Remove Programs to uninstall both the expansion and Fallout 2, went into regedit and nuked all Fallout related entries, and deleted the remains of the Fallout 2 folder.

I did a fresh humongous install to a different hard drive partition (original English v1.0), installed the Expansion Pack (with NO optional content), and installed the XP fixes from post #1 of this thread. I then went from a savegame in the Klamath rat caves where I had recruited no NPCs.

My first trip to the Den (still solo), the trunk worked properly - I put the fuel cell regulator from Klamath in the trunk. Later, when I came back with Sulik, the bug occurred where I picked up the trunk itself into my inventory. I told Sulik to "wait here", and the trunk still did not work.

The only variable I can see between the trunk working or not working is whether I have recruited an NPC. According to Per's guide, the primary reason for the original bugs concerning the car were due to its being coded essentially as an NPC.

System/installation summary:

Laptop, XP Pro SP2, Core 2 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM

Fresh humongous English FO2 v1.0, Expansion Pack 1.1 (downloaded Mar 20), engine fixes for NT/XP from post #1.

I can provide savegames of the trunk working in the Den before purchase (player solo), the bug in the Den before purchase (player + Sulik), and the bug in VC (player + Sulik, Vic, Cassidy).

P.S. Killap, this mod is f-ing SWEET!

the mod is running good...
except : primite tribe - crashes FO2
in further parts of game

anybody knows how to fly the vertibird?
i dont have pilot license yet ;)

killap

thank you very much
i re-discovered the FO2
made me few years younger ;)

Thanks for the timeslip link, folks!

Can I make a suggestion? When you crash Tyler Friend's party, why there are only he, his friends and Tyler's goons present? What do you think of adding some bystanders, you know, people who were in the party but felt no need to take part in that shootout?

Slaughter Manslaught said:
Thanks for the timeslip link, folks!

Can I make a suggestion? When you crash Tyler Friend's party, why there are only he, his friends and Tyler's goons present? What do you think of adding some bystanders, you know, people who were in the party but felt no need to take part in that shootout?
There is the hooker.

How can you not notice the hooker? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

normally, battles that we can control when to start is the best, since we can prepare the battlefield to our satisfaction. Lock the door, pickpocket the other guys (drop a one-shot gun into their pocket so they would use it and some such nonsense)... That's why we can attack Mertzger or House Salvatore at low level. Just lock the door then Rock&Roll :twisted:

Morticia said:
Omegawolf said:

That's not a bug, it's just bad luck. (or getting frustrated and hitting F6 when you want F5, and vice-versa)

I had the same problem at Slaver's Camp: one of those guys would always run off the map where I couldn't get him, and if you are too badass, they will NEVER wander back into range, like Radscorpions and Geckos will.

I solved this at Slaver's Camp the same way you are trying to do at the big building, by locking the doors first. If that doesn't work though, it isn't a fault of the script. It's meant to be realistic and 'Shit happens' so load a saved game and try again.

edit: (There are only 5 squatters in that building, 2 have a knife and one a crowbar! Only 2 doors also. No offence meant, but how was it possible for anyone to escape?)

As I said, I locked both doors and started shooting. The northwest corner of the building is hanging off the edge of the map. That is where the one squatter ran to, and I could not get to him. I don't think there is an actual corner beyond what the player can see, otherwise I would assume that as you approached the off-screen corner, the remaining squatter would initialize combat. Not a fault in the script, but a fault in the building design, though I also assume it would be a bitch to move the whole damn building to the right a few hexes.

(edit) Though by chasing the remaining slavers/squatters away from the area, I would still consider that to be clearing the place out. If they never come back, your job is done. The only problem is, the game doesn't check to see if they're present, but if they're all dead. Therefore, I would consider this a fault in the script as well. If an NPC is able to run to a spot where the player can't run them down, (or open fire on them) the script should improvise somehow for that annoying fault in the game, because at that point, realism has gone right out the window anyway.

Omegawolf,

I went back to the Den residential again to check out that NW corner. As far as I could get in there, I still had an arm and leg showing that could have been targetted, but an NPC could probably get in there further (or maybe there is a 'hole' or missing corner) so I understand what you are talking about. I still say it isn't a bug. There were places like that before the Restoration Project, among other irritating things due to the game engine itself. (or untested map design)

Yes, it might have been nice to make the building a bit smaller, or put a crate or something in that corner. As it is though, "Improvise" is right. I would suggest that corner would be the place to stand before you start gunning the poor squatters down.

You still always risk that other problem of NPCs running completely OFF the map where you can't even see them, and only one of your NPCs can get to them. This is most odd and unrealistic indeed. (Wouldn't it be great if the towns and wilds were seemlessly connected like Baldur's Gate?)

I don't know anything about changing or adding to the script. What if they run off and then come back? How many times can the script check? If this could be done it would be nice for many other situations. Fighting 3 Enclave troops once, 2 were killed but one was knocked down/out and combat ended. I didn't notice he wasn't dead, and he got up and blasted me in the back. Other times, combat will not end because some enemy is still alive, even way off screen (like turrets at Navarro).

Installed FO2 US and applied patch 1.1. Game crashed when I arrived to Primitive Tribe (twice!)
The patch that appeared on main menu at that moment was 1.02.23 EXP1.1

Reinstalled game. The patch at the moment is 1.00, so I reinstall the patch.

ok again 1.02.23 EXP1.1.

Same place, same crash :(

What's going on!? :S

O.S: Windows 98 2nd Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back