Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't found Fred. Killap should look into it and fix that. Even if it was a (sort-of) bug in the original game, Restoration Project should fix it if possible. Encounter with Melchior should be fixed also.

In Broken Hills, after getting the quest to find out if Chad is skimming, the female guards Cathy, Betty, and Heather all have names. All the male guards say their name is Error.

Slaver Camp: I heard about other bugs here, such as you can't get the quest completed unless you did it before talking to Rangers in NCR. Anyway:

I can use the keys on the gate of the SW pen, which unlocks, but not open it until I leave the map and come back.

Last time, I didn't even open the door to the NE pen where Kurisu is. I unlock the SW pen, leave the map then come back. The SW pen opens and all the slaves run away (once the slavers are all dead.)

Then, I go to NE pen. I don't even try or use the keys on the door. Talk to Kurisu and go to Primitive Tribe. All the slaves are out and gone when I come back.

Maybe this helps whoever is trying to figure out the scripts.

BTW, I'm actually trying to put a walkthrough together for this mod. Not that Killap was trying to do anything awesome or marvelous, but just make an awesome and marvelous game more of what it was intended to be. (Had the original developers had more time, money, whatever.) And this is nothing but an extension, or addendum, for Per's great guide.

This will be a good bug catcher also, so anyone is welcome and encouraged to see what is written and help out if you can.

http://numerometria.com/F2RP_WT.htm

Just as Killap is one dedicated and devoted fan, who cannot be expected to know and fix everything himself, I envoke the power of the mighty forum to help me compose an accurate walkthrough.

Per has already done more than his share of work for Fallout. No one should expect that he devote his talents to any of the many mods. To me, this is more than a mod if it restores what was planned and never implemented.

Killap's patches were always about fixing existing bugs that 'factory' patches didn't. He does this well, so I see he wants to fix the whole damned game I think that's quite a noble project.

Touquet said:
You have to find a requisition for it but I use sneak and open the locker... ;)
I still think you are confusing the vertibird mod or MegaMod with Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion), and if I'm wrong I'll eat my sweaty socks :?

Darek said:
Touquet said:
You have to find a requisition for it but I use sneak and open the locker... ;)
I still think you are confusing the vertibird mod or MegaMod with Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion), and if I'm wrong I'll eat my sweaty socks :?
I'm not confusing...
Code:
{132}{}{You're one round short of a full clip, aren't you? Well, they call you
 grunts for a reason. Look, Einstein, I can't give you the plans without
 authorization, okay? So, go back to whoever sent you here and get the proper
 paperwork.}
{133}{}{Look, Einstein, I can't give you the plans without authorization, okay?
 So, go back to whoever sent you here and get the proper paperwork.}
from ccquincy.msg in data\Text\English\Dialog

I make a quick run for Navarro and Quincy the mechanic say this.

But like I say I have sneak to the locker to get it. If I touch the locker, Quincy reply: "Don't touch it!"

Another way is to tell Quincy that Raul send you.
Code:
{138}{}{A tech told you... You mean Raul? Did he send you?}

Then Raul will ask you to stay there and check his birds so he can pay a visit to Quincy and knocked him of...

So the easiest way is to talk to Raul in the hangar about the plan, then go to Qunicy. Say you want the plan for Raul(take the plan), go back to Raul and tell him Quincy think his an asshole and have fun. :)

@Darek
Yes I was confused for the vertibir part at the beginning... But the last reply is ok, you need the yellow key card and you have to align the satellites to fly to the Oil Rig. That all.

Hi.

Someone already complained about this bug, but i didn't find an answer in the replies following that message and can't be bothered to read through 53 pages of stuff, so...

The game crashes when entering Primitive Village. Doesn't lock up the computer, just exits to Windows without any kind of error message. Any idea why this happens?

I'm running Fallout II on my old 450MHz laptop with Windows 98.

@ Touquet

Tokk was asking how you take the vertibird from Navarro and fly to the oil rig, and you reply how to take the vertibird plans.
Your answer was good, just not to the the right question 8-)

Darek said:
@ Touquet

Tokk was asking how you take the vertibird from Navarro and fly to the oil rig, and you reply how to take the vertibird plans.
Your answer was good, just not to the the right question 8-)

DoH! sorry :oops: Should read mor carefuly then...
Perhaps the dialog option is trigger whan you have to go to the Oil Rig, so when the villager have be capture and we have the GECK...
I will try this too night.

I am back in town. Major jet lag. I shall get around to all the new posts in the coming days. Just wanted to say I am back and alive. It's time to sleep now though.

mvBarracuda's tip didn't do it for me, the game still crashes when entering Primitive Tribe.

The computer doesn't lock up, the world map just turns into weird colours for a second and then the game exits to Windows without any kind of error message or anything. I'm running Fallout II on my old 450MHz laptop with Windows 98.

I also get a forced empty encounter right after i first bump into Kaga for the first time after leaving Arroyo. Not a major issue, but weird.

All the other new stuff has worked so far. A very cool mod.

Hello, I'm having trouble with this mod.

According to the release notes, the problem of Sulik wandering off the Primitive Tribe map was meant to be fixed, right? I have the latest version and yet when I was at the Primitive Tribe, Sulik wandered off into the green zone and I have been desperately trying to get him back as he's carrying a lot of my good gear.

Any help?

I was wondering, is there a Mac version planned for this fantastic patch?

Not really a big issue since I can install Fallout 2 on my Windows virtual machine, but it'd be nice :roll:

Mac version is unlikely as the patches are based on Timeslips engine tweaks that rely on modified binaries. These modified binaries (ddraw.dll) won't work on Macs.

Jurgen said:
Moebius said:
Could be DirectX related maybe?

I suspected that as well, so i reinstalled the DX drivers from the Fallout II CD-ROM. Primitive Tribe still doesn't work.
I believe Timeslips work (which is included in the Restoration) requires the latest DirectX [9.0c] (let's forget Vista and DirectX 10 for the moment). So try installing that.

Glovz said:
I believe Timeslips work (which is included in the Restoration) requires the latest DirectX [9.0c] (let's forget Vista and DirectX 10 for the moment). So try installing that.
It only needs DX9 if you use graphics mode 4 or 5, and neither is used by default. Modes 4 and 5 aren't available on win 98 in any case; if you try setting them it just drops back to 0 or 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back