Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morticia said:
Omegawolf,

I went back to the Den residential again to check out that NW corner. As far as I could get in there, I still had an arm and leg showing that could have been targetted, but an NPC could probably get in there further (or maybe there is a 'hole' or missing corner) so I understand what you are talking about. I still say it isn't a bug.

Hehe Maybe it's not a Killap bug, but definitely a Fallout 2 game bug. I'm sure the devs didn't intend for NPCs to be able to stand two hexes away from you (if even off screen) and be able to shoot at you while you can't shoot at them.

Anyways there's certainly a hole there somewhere because every squatter I've ended combat on and approached again initiated combat when I got close. This guy didn't. He was just gone.

dr.radiaki said:
hi,
1 bug to report: my game crashes every time i try to use one of the elevators at the EPA, after i choose a sub-level to which i wanna go.
Old news...

gracul said:
Hi!
Are you having crash problems with EPA? Help me, to help you!
Go to the fallout2.cfg, and find this code:
Code:
[system]
art_cache_size=8
Its on the bottom of the file. Next, change it to:
Code:
art_cache_size=261
Try a search next time... :)

Something else for minor bug fixing: This needs a 'watch' image, in Hubologist stash.
Why didn't they use the gold watch from Modoc?

missing.png

Also, I never had any problem with EPA elevators, but my game sometimes (very rarely) freezes when switching to the dialogue box (which the EPA elevators use) so I checked this.

My fallout2.cfg [system] art_cache_size=524

Why is this so high?

Glovz said:
@Edoreld and Jurgen

Read earlier posts in the thread, your answers lie there.

Checked. Didn't find. If it isn't too much of a bother, would you be so kind as to tell the location of that wich you refer to, or at least the solution to the problem I commented?

Thank you

once again i'm in trouble with a bug:

i travelled to the EPA and walked around the underground facility a bit... being there, i fixed the lighting proplem, just like the doc wanted me to.
i also repaired the voice computer and the magnetic coil.whatever. i returned to the doctor an took his serum and stuff. afterwards, i wanted some fun and disabled the power fields via the computer terminals and then killed the beasts and guys that came out of their cells. then i spoke to the doctor one more time and suprisingly, he noticed that i had killed his prisoners and he wanted me to do the very first quest again... to collect the golden gecko pelts in spite of the fact that i already finished the quest before (one hast to finish it to get the light-problem-quest).
i checked the pip boy and there was the quest again... though it was crossed out before. whatsoever, to avoid this bug, i loaded a savegame that i made before i lowered the power fields. then i headed back to the green exit grid to the north to get back to the main epa area. now a real annoying bug occoured: the screen turned black and nothing happened anymore. i restarded the pc and reloaded the savegame and it happened again. everytime i go to the green grid, the game crashes.
it seems as if this can only be solved by loading an old savegame from a location other than the EPA. then, wehn i travel to the EPA and go to the green grid, anything functions as normal. unfortunately, my savegames form outside the EPA are quite old.

a savegame where i stand next to the green exit grid: http://www.box.net/shared/2wyc0jxkok

Edoreld said:
Glovz said:
@Edoreld and Jurgen

Checked. Didn't find. If it isn't too much of a bother, would you be so kind as to tell the location of that wich you refer to, or at least the solution to the problem I commented?

Suggested solutions thus far:

1. Modifying the art_cache_size value in fallout2.cfg (change it into a bigger value, like 255 or something):

[system]
art_cache_size=8

2. Installing newer DirectX drivers.

Neither worked for me, but you should try those and report back if either works. If they don't do it for you, then it must be a Win98 problem.

@ dr.radiaki

I just looked at your savegame, and luckily it's easy to fix.
Go to your Fallout2\data\SAVEGAME folder. In your SLOT04 folder, the file EPAX.SAV has gotten corrupt. What you need to do is copy that file from another SLOT and replace the broken one. It' needs to be from a working save where you have been to the EPA. If you don't have that, just use a pre-EPA save and go there and save, then use that EPAX.SAV.

cheers

Jurgen said:
Edoreld said:
Glovz said:
@Edoreld and Jurgen

Suggested solutions thus far:

1. Modifying the art_cache_size value in fallout2.cfg (change it into a bigger value, like 255 or something):

[system]
art_cache_size=8

2. Installing newer DirectX drivers.

Neither worked for me, but you should try those and report back if either works. If they don't do it for you, then it must be a Win98 problem.

Thanks. If any of those work for me, I'll make sure to let everyone know :shock:

Hi, just a question for Killap-----
I was just wondering when we might see version 1.2??? I'm just waiting for the update before I start replaying your great mod. Not trying to rush you or anything just wondering when you might have time to finish it.

black screen

my first problem is that i can't go down in the manhole that's in trapper town in klamath (the rat quest). if i try to go down screen goes black and i get application error. Sad i have tried reinstalling, start a new game, tried different "tweaks" that i have read here (removing the map files etc) still doesn't work Sad

my second problem is that i can't find fred at the den. i have found a guy close to mom's restaurant that i guess is him,. (it say he is a klamath citizen or something) but i can't get a convo with him.

i have looked everywhere for fred! he must be invissible or something! i know that when i used official patch only some years ago i didn't have this problem so really wierd that it's only me that got the prob :(

anyways thx for a great expansion killap!

I'm not sure if this is related to killap's patch but I remember i was able to talk to Derek in the Den before. Now all that I can get him to say is some floating text.

This could be just my imagination. What do you say?

RageSka said:
I'm not sure if this is related to killap's patch but I remember i was able to talk to Derek in the Den before. Now all that I can get him to say is some floating text.

This could be just my imagination. What do you say?

You can still talk to Derek, but only meanwhile the book quest is active, and only daytime.

Jo geck bug

I somehow lost the ability to ask jo about the geck and now cant get the slag quests. I thought that this was fixed?

Re: Jo geck bug

CowTippa said:
I somehow lost the ability to ask jo about the geck and now cant get the slag quests. I thought that this was fixed?
If you lost it by saying one of the following lines to Jo I don't think it's something that is broken:

{187}{}{Business? Just tell me where I can find the holy GECK and I’ll be on my way.}
{188}{}{Our only business is that you will tell me where the holy GECK is located before something bad
happens.}

Other than that I don't know. You don't give much info...

help - I'm not a computer techie!

I need help. I used the restoration project file but I am experiencing a lot of common bugs.

I have researched the solutions like finding fallout2.cfg (epa elevator bug) but I don't seem to have it in my fallout folder. I searched through each folder but I can't find that file. If this is programming, I can't do this because Im not really that computer savvy. I couldn't play further anymore because of the bugs, especially in epa.

Is there a way that you can help me? I don't mind uninstalling the whole game again and doing the installing the right away.

Thanks and I'm hoping for your reply. (I'm getting desperate!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back