Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randian Hero said:
I just downloaded the patch and everything seems to be working great until I get to a place after Klamath -- all the towns turn solid black with massive graphical trails from the cursor and/or the character sprites. Any thoughts?

It does this to me in Fallout 1 alot. Open up the pip boy and close it again, and the blackness should be gone.

I would like to report what seems to be a substantial bug. I have played through the game several times both with the official patch and with Killap's unofficial one, and this is the first time that I have encountered this problem so I can only surmise that it is linked to the Restoration Project.

The bug is this: I just bought the car and when I try to access the trunk the Chosen One kneels down like he is picking something up off the ground and then the trunk of the car disappears! I can now no longer see the trunk but also cannot walk in the area where it used to be. If I then try to leave the map, either by walking on an exit grid or by using the car, the game crashes to desktop after displaying the following error message:

Error! PartyMemberPrepItemSaveAll: Can't Find Script.

But wait, there's more! I tried driving the car to another map first and then accessing the trunk but the same thing happened. I then tried loading an earlier game from before I bought the car and tried accessing the trunk then. You guessed it: same thing. Except since the car was not mine yet it did not crash when I left. Instead I realized that I had a 10 pound invisible item called Car Trunk in my inventory which I could do nothing with except drop. When I did so sure enough there was the back end of the car sitting there by itself waiting to be picked back up if I so chose. Also if I picked one up then left the map and came back the trunk has regenerated and I can pick it up again.

As novel as it is to be able to carry my car's trunk around in my pocket, I think I would much rather have one that stays attached to the vehicle and that I can store things in. Can anyone please help me resolve this issue? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: My apologies. In my haste I did not take the time to search the 65 pages of posts for something that I was not sure would be there. I will go through them now and hope a solution was posted...

Asmodeus of the Wastes said:
Chosen One kneels down like he is picking something up off the ground and then the trunk of the car disappears!
This was first reported about a week after the first F2RP release (and has been discussed many times in these 65 pages since then), it's a confirmed F2RP bug.

I have no sat down to investigate this car trunk problem, but I personally never experienced it. Faulty install sounds probable and perhaps changing the art_cache value or making sure protos are set to read only will repair this issue. I shall see what I can do though. As I mentioned before, anyone with the car trunk bug should e-mail me a save game right before experiencing the problem.

Here's a new one, and I don't know what caused this to happen. I lock the doors to keep the slavers from running off the map before their executions, then discovered that we could shoot at each other through the wall or door (not sure which)

slavers.jpg

I just blasted her once and about to fire again when the screenshot was taken.

Elitech said:
I suppose that "tin" walls are made of is quite thin... Thin enough to shoot through :-)

Pretty impressive to make an aimed shot to the eyes through a tin wall though. =P

I admit I am playing with "James' goddess.gcd" cheat, but only to have all 10s for abilities.

Yes, tin walls could easily be shot through with anything more powerful than a bb-gun, but only if you could see what you were shooting at. And no, I don't think a 10 perception allows seeing through walls to make an aimed shot. I was moving in to get a 95% shot at the guy in front of the door when someone inside hit me. That's when I saw they were red.

It's not a 'hole' in the wall like has been written about before either, like one you can walk through. It's like the wall or door is treated like a fence or something.

I trust killap to check this map out, or whoever made it. That is not a fake screenshot. Maybe my game files are corrupt or wrong, but I killed 3 of them before I had to unlock the door and go in, so I think it's a valid bug.

edit: I am playing the installer version from NMA files Restoration Project download and not the most recent version from http://www.killap.net/fallout2/expansion/

Morticia said:
then discovered that we could shoot at each other through the wall or door (not sure which)
Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with your game.
The left part of the wall where the door is (doorway) has the shoot through flag set to yes for some strange reason, none of the other walls have that.

I thought you said there were too many bugs already, so don't you go and find new ones. :P

cheers

World map problem

After upgrading to version 1.1 of Fallout 2 Restoration pack, I have encountered a problem that makes the game unplayable. When I enter World map, the game speed slows to a crawl, i.e. it practically freezes, so no actions on the world map can be taken. Previous version of the Restoration project has worked fine. I have tried a clean reinstall of both the original game and the Restoration pack, but the problem persists.

Hi my name is Lill.
This might be the wrong thread to use, concerning this, if so I'm sorry, But, I'm kinda new to both the forum and the game.

I heard this mod were great, and i were thinking,.. as a new player what should i download when it comes to mods and patches?
Do you know what's compatible with this mod, (and recommended)? :help:

This is the things i've thought about getting also:
* Party1 mod that gets you to have infinitive people, or something.
* Firegecko (skinning)
* sfall mod thing that gets you to use mouse wheel and such

any comments to those?

My thoughts about modding is like, i wanna install mods that add to the experience and fixes stuff, but not changing the story and such since this is the first time playing. :help:

PS. if i should write this in another thread, can you give me a link?

Re: World map problem

janjetina said:
After upgrading to version 1.1 of Fallout 2 Restoration pack, I have encountered a problem that makes the game unplayable. When I enter World map, the game speed slows to a crawl, i.e. it practically freezes, so no actions on the world map can be taken. Previous version of the Restoration project has worked fine. I have tried a clean reinstall of both the original game and the Restoration pack, but the problem persists.
Upgrading isn't possible. Also, don't forget the fixes: http://falloutmods.wikia.com/index.php?title=F2RP_Technical_Info

Lill said:
Do you know what's compatible with this mod, (and recommended)? :help:

* Party1 mod that gets you to have infinitive people, or something.
* Firegecko (skinning)
* sfall mod thing that gets you to use mouse wheel and such

PS. if i should write this in another thread, can you give me a link?
This is the perfect thread. But none of the mods you suggested are compatible with F2RP, and the sfall mod thing is already included, because F2RP uses it for certain things: http://falloutmods.wikia.com/index.php?title=F2RP_Technical_Info

Thanks, i got to check what was under "1.5 Other mod compatibility"

But about the "current bugs" (confirmed, and such) do you know if they will be fixed later on? if so then i should wait with playing/installing, right?

Re: World map problem

janjetina said:
When I enter World map, the game speed slows to a crawl, i.e. it practically freezes, so no actions on the world map can be taken.

Works fine... At least for me. Sounds like bad/corrupt install. Uninstall, clean registry, try new install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back