Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomten said:
Lill said:
Do you know what's compatible with this mod, (and recommended)? :help:

* Party1 mod that gets you to have infinitive people, or something.
* Firegecko (skinning)
* sfall mod thing that gets you to use mouse wheel and such

PS. if i should write this in another thread, can you give me a link?
This is the perfect thread. But none of the mods you suggested are compatible with F2RP, and the sfall mod thing is already included, because F2RP uses it for certain things: http://falloutmods.wikia.com/index.php?title=F2RP_Technical_Info

Fire gecko skinning is also included in the Restoration Project.

Great thanks both of you. Ohhhh so hard to choose from Megamod and the restoration project. Im mostly afraid of bugs, but i guess the original fallout without any mods got bugs too..

As for now im leaning most to the restoration project, but... i dunno.. hmm

Lill said:
Thanks, i got to check what was under "1.5 Other mod compatibility"
That section isn't complete, but if Killap (maker of F2RP) doesn't say a mod is compatible, it isn't. And currently he's only said the mods included with the F2RP (the ones you can choose when installing) are compatible.
Lill said:
But about the "current bugs" (confirmed, and such) do you know if they will be fixed later on? if so then i should wait with playing/installing, right?
Sure, they will be fixed, if they are indeed bugs and not just "quirks". I guess the short answer is "yes, you should wait", since the F2RP will be much more enjoyable when these bugs are fixed (this month, if all goes well).

World map speed issue

Clean install didn't work and on top of the clean install I've installed all new fixes before asking the aforementioned question, but I found the solution in the readme file. WorldMapFPS parameter in ddraw.ini had to be set to about 1000 (its default value is 30) to make the map speed bearable. I don't know if this was an issue with my AMD dual core processor, but it was worth noting that with Restoration project v1.0 everything worked fine with default WorldMapFPS, but after installing v1.1 I had to make the adjustment.

Re: World map speed issue

janjetina said:
Clean install didn't work
Do you mean that after a clean install (in an empty directory) the map still crawled?
and on top of the clean install I've installed all new fixes before asking the aforementioned question, but I found the solution in the readme file. WorldMapFPS parameter in ddraw.ini had to be set to about 1000 (its default value is 30) to make the map speed bearable. I don't know if this was an issue with my AMD dual core processor, but it was worth noting that with Restoration project v1.0 everything worked fine with default WorldMapFPS, but after installing v1.1 I had to make the adjustment.
That's strange. I have it at 30 (both before and after the F2RP installation), and the map moves at normal speed. Maybe it's your processor? I have a dual-core (mobile; 2.6 GHz) P4.
janjetina said:
I've installed all new fixes
F2RP v1.1-Feb22 should be installed on top of a clean humongous/minimal UK/US FO2 installation. No other "fixes" should be installed.

tomten said:
I guess the short answer is "yes, you should wait", since the F2RP will be much more enjoyable when these bugs are fixed (this month, if all goes well).

Great :) i guess ill wait then, cus i like the thought of playing with a mod. (even though it will hard to wait)

good luck to the one assigned to this mission :clap:

Flick doesn't have any goods to sell while bartering with him. My brother said it might be caused by completing the quest with the orphanage.

Kwiatmen666 said:
Flick doesn't have any goods to sell while bartering with him. My brother said it might be caused by completing the quest with the orphanage.

Likely, since Flick gets the items from "his" kids - who are now in the orphanage.

Mr.Wolna said:
why mr.fixit isnt in RP 1.1?

And, why exactly do you think that was something that the original creators intended? Remember, it was supposed to be a mod about cut material and what was intended, not about what would be nice to have. That's my project! :P

Aey, but my portrait pack isnt cut material but will be(when finish) aviable in killaps! Because with his installer you can add extra contest you know :P

Kwiatmen666 said:

It is. He also gets kinda angry with you, too.

Maybe that could make up a good sidequest where Flick will give you a super discount and something else IF you go and break the orphanage by, I dunno, killing mom? Killing everyone who works there?

tomten said:
janjetina said:
Do you mean that after a clean install (in an empty directory) the map still crawled?

Yes.

That's strange. I have it at 30 (both before and after the F2RP installation), and the map moves at normal speed. Maybe it's your processor? I have a dual-core (mobile; 2.6 GHz) P4.

Other applications and games work fine. It's AMD 64 Dual core 3800+ processor.

janjetina said:
I've installed all new fixes
F2RP v1.1-Feb22 should be installed on top of a clean humongous/minimal UK/US FO2 installation. No other "fixes" should be installed.

Those were the Feb. 22 fixes from Killap's site (http://www.killap.net/fallout2/expansion/fixes/), which I installed only after encountering the problem. The game behaves the same with and without them, as they actually contain the same files as 1.1 version of the Restoration Project.

Bottom line: if you encounter world map speed problem, edit the WorldMapFPS parameter in ddraw.ini.

Ran into something I'm not sure is a bug or not. I accepted Mira's quest (drugged) to kill Jack. I waited for a few days for the drugs to wear off. When I went towards the city, the guard said "We've been warned about you. Turn around and leave." I had been inside the city before and killed the rangers after testing the serum on the mutant (maybe that's the cause?) and had my party members put their weapons away before leaving to the bazaar again, so I know they had their weapons away at this point. I tried anyway and got attacked, killing the guard and the captain.

Part 2: I told my party members to put their weapons away again after the fight and went into the city, although this time, I forgot about skynet. Although I had a brain bot waving a pancor around, the guards inside the city didn't seem to mind, even after wasting the gate guards outside.

Any idea what else could have turned the gate guard hostile?

janjetina said:
tomten said:
janjetina said:
Yes.
So F2RP v1.0 fixed the problem, and F2RP v1.1 brought it back. Maybe it's timeslip's engine tweaks in v1.1 that are causing the problem, while the modified engine in v1.0 didn't... or something?

@janjetina

Your dual-core processor could be causing problems with this old game. It is a Windows fix to set the 'program affinities' so it only uses a single core. No idea why everything else would work fine for you if this was the problem though.

(I thought this was mentioned on the wikia page?)

@Omegawolf,

I have had problems with NCR police several times and cannot figure that out. Used to be I could keep one weapon hidden and now they seem to detect that as being armed also, even if not active. Try leaving Sulik behind or taking all his weapons away also. More than a few times, I tell him to put his weapon away and he pulls a knife as soon as we enter the gate. I have to quickly try figuring out who it is before getting shot, and it's always Sulik.

edit: Seems like you musta done something else to irritate the guards though.

C'mon killap - release 1.2 and rid us of this bug topic...

P.S. Nobody's gonna hold it against you if you finish & publish it earlier than announced :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back