Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babax

Babax It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 19, 2006
    Re: Killap's Restoration Project 2.0

Conserning the stars position on the sky and the strenght of the solar flares I can suppose that it`ll probabbly be released in a 2-3 weeks, maybe sooner.

2. Dravean

Dravean Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 6, 2005
    It'll come out whenever Killap can get a day or two to concentrate on finishing it up. He seems to be very busy this week, but I'm sure he'll find the time soon. ::crosses fingers::

3. mavi85bmn

mavi85bmn It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 24, 2009
    I'm eating waffles. Going to take a shower soon.

Hey, you know what would be great and most likely done by the developers if they had enough time?
    Make the vault showers work (and toilets as well, if it's not too much of a hassle).

4. Glovz

Glovz Vault Dweller
    Modder

Sep 16, 2005
    Is anyone keeping a list of the extras people are going to mod on their own to work with the RP? I think mavi is personally going to create 50 or so now. :D

5. mavi85bmn

Aug 24, 2009
    I wouldn't even know where to begin, nor would I have the time or interest to spend on this when I have real life to enjoy, but I have a lot of respect for people who do.

Anyway, I have always thought how great it would be to finally be able to properly relieve yourself and take a decent shower once you reach Vault City.
    Yet you don't even get as much as a room to stay over night. :D

6. CommonOddity

CommonOddity First time out of the vault

Mar 26, 2010
    Nomnomnom 2.0

Can't wait for the RP patch to come out :D Quite giddy about it. I've been a huge fan of FO2 for the last little while, but I've been stupid swamped with schoolwork- so I got no time to enjoy it now :(

Actually, I was wondering if anyone has come across the problem that I have with 1.2 in the EPA.

I completed the game, and got the EPA location from Myron. I started doing the doctor quests, and I'm stuck. Whenever I go up the elevator to Utility level- the screen goes black as if it's loading the area, and the 'loading sound' is playing but it remains that way without any resolve.

Also when I go out the second entrance through the manhole, I am able to reach the map that the Doctor is on. When I try to exit the map on the green patch in the NorthEast corner I have the same problem.

Black screen, stuck in loading. I've a lot of items on my npc's and myself. Is this the maxitem bug? Etc?

Please help. I really want to finish this RP.

7. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Re: Nomnomnom 2.0

The EPA in RP 1.2 was pretty buggy…I think its better just to wait a little while more for the new sweeter tasting RP 2.0…even the Vault Boy agrees.:boy:

8. Mordegar

Mordegar First time out of the vault

Dec 23, 2007
    I'm also waiting for RP 2.0 and i'm playing the current Megamod release in the meantime.
    To be honest, i prefer the RP over it at any day.

9. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    Re: Nomnomnom 2.0

OK 8-)
    It sure sounsds like the "too many items" bug.
    The Utility level and the EPA starting area are actually the same map (just different levels of it). So if one of those gets corrupt they will both crash. Anyway, go to my link and read about the bug and then download vad's program to fix your map.

10. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    It has indeed been a busy week. It's over now though. :)

I plan on working on documentation and final testing this weekend. This obviously implies a possible release date, but I'm not jinxing anything anymore. Anytime I propose a release date, life throws some insane amount of work my way. So, it'll be a surprise. :)

11. TwoEyedYum

TwoEyedYum Naked Moose

Jan 21, 2010
    AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    :revolution: :revolution: :revolution: :dance:
    I need RP 2.0 to function properly, save me please, Killap!

12. BuxnaMan

BuxnaMan First time out of the vault

Mar 26, 2010
    Thank you for replying I am really looking forward to play RP 2.0. I am going to wait for it and not play RP 1.2 again. Good luck with your work Killap :ok:

13. mavi85bmn

Aug 24, 2009
    That gives me another idea. When food and sleep systems are added, hygiene should be added as well. And if you don't wash (and groom as well) yourself after awhile, you start to look and smell really bad, and people start to avoid you.

Also, about the toilets. It should be mandatory to relieve yourself after you eat and drink, or else you contract bladder infection and irritable bowel syndrome.

14. QuanManChu

QuanManChu First time out of the vault

Mar 27, 2010
    Sigh...when will this nightmare end? Killnap, please hurry and release the RP so I can take refuge from this dude's rantings. Its delay is the only reason I am allowing myself to be subjected to his/her/its constant barrage of stupidity by visiting this thread.

15. TwoEyedYum

TwoEyedYum Naked Moose

Jan 21, 2010
    QuanManChu gets the "Good Troll Food Mk.II" award ;)

16. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    I have an idea.
    mavi85bmn, why don't you post your suggestions in Fallout 2 Restoration Project Discussion (ideas/suggestions). That's where they belong, not here.
    Also based on some of your ideas I think you confuse Fallout with a simulation game. It's not (well I mean it's a simulation of pen & paper rpg, but not of real life). Maybe you should just go and play some of the Sims games instead.

17. BuxnaMan

BuxnaMan First time out of the vault

Mar 26, 2010
    3d models?

Do you Killap maybe consider implementing 3d models from FOnline Russians did in any future releases? Is it too much work for you? I guess somebody already asked this question but this forum is way too big for me to search through.

18. Sieg

Sieg First time out of the vault

Dec 8, 2008
    I really hope things go smoothly killap.
    Must. Control. Sanity. :crazy:

19. Puokki

Puokki Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 4, 2008
    Can you control mine too? I'm having a little bit of trouble in keeping it under control... braaaains... :freak:

20. Harold

Harold First time out of the vault

Feb 21, 2010
    It sounds like you want a much more detailed and realistic game than Fallout. I don't think taking a crap was ever an intended feature. The RP, as I understand it, is supposed to bring back the intended content that was planned but cut.

Eating, drinking (particularly drinking) - yes, this should be a major issue in the wasteland because food and water is in limited supply, but taking a crap is something you can do wherever and whenever you please. The game would indeed be more realistic if it was added, but would it be more interesting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.