Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Slayer Perk Changed in the Patch so that it also requires a Luck Roll as in the Sniper Perk or is it still the same and can still trigger effectively even with just 2-3 Luck

I've got a problem with two-handed guns - I choose this gun and then AP-cost for use disappears and I can't press the button to start aiming. I guess this is a problem with two-handed guns cause all the pistols work and shotguns and rifles don't. It happened after a long time I used only shotgun. Any idea?

No, I never did change this. I believe the original developers intended for this to happen. That grave uses a unique script and they added the code necessary to give the grave digger perk. It isn't like they are using the generic grave script. As a result I am not going to change this at this time. Just because you know of the stash doesn't mean you magically aren't a grave digger after digging it up.

Ok, but it just doesn't make sense when I think about this. Because if you know about the stash, then, in my opinion, you are not a "grave digger" because it's not like it's someone's grave? For example, you are more of a grave digger when you dig up Anna's grave. But if you won't change it I can understand that.

Are you using a savegame from 1.1? If so, that would explain why the quests are massively bugged since the way the variables are handled changed for 1.2. Either way, there have been reports of problems with the Village and I will continue to address them as I find them. Overall the whole VC, Gecko, Vault Village questlines are horribly and needlessly complex. Added the Vault Village quests to the original game was painful as a result of how things were originally setup.

No. When I change the version I always uninstall the whole game and reinstall it and then install RP on the vanilla version. I'm also using the resolution patch, but it couldn't cause anything like this (right?). Oh, and I also grabbed all of the additional update files that weren't in the installer yet.

One more little thing: you can't push people in the Vault Village. So, sometimes they might block you in inside of a tent.

EDIT: Lol, silly me.

Atomic Noodles said:
Is the Slayer Perk Changed in the Patch so that it also requires a Luck Roll as in the Sniper Perk or is it still the same and can still trigger effectively even with just 2-3 Luck
Nothing has changed, so it is still the same.

GanymeDes- said:
No, I never did change this. I believe the original developers intended for this to happen. That grave uses a unique script and they added the code necessary to give the grave digger perk. It isn't like they are using the generic grave script. As a result I am not going to change this at this time. Just because you know of the stash doesn't mean you magically aren't a grave digger after digging it up.

Ok, but it just doesn't make sense when I think about this. Because if you know about the stash, then, in my opinion, you are not a "grave digger" because it's not like it's someone's grave? For example, you are more of a grave digger when you dig up Anna's grave. But if you won't change it I can understand that.
Does Anna's grave give you the grave digger perk? I do not recall off the top of my head. If not, then perhaps this is an oversight and I would consider changing how the stash grave works.

According to Per, it doesn't if you've talked to Anna.

Considering the description ("They're dead, they don't care," has become your motto. Digging up the remains of others is more than a hobby for you.), I think it would be more accurate to call it 'Grave Robber'. You get it for digging up dead people to loot any valuables that were buried with them, so it makes sense that you don't get it for burying Anna or finding Lloyd's fallout shelter in Golgotha. The nature of the Mordino stash makes a difference: if they put money in an ordinary grave, you should get the perk; if it's been buried and made too look like a grave, but with no body in it, then you shouldn't get the perk if Myron told you about it. (If you don't know about the stash, you're treating it like a regular grave and have the grave-robber mindset.) I don't see any clear indication one way or the other, so you may have to make an editorial judgement about this.

This is toward the Patch Fix Mod Killap made not the Unofficial Restoration Patch:

When in Vault City once I give the Doll to Curtis he keeps on saying the Group of Text which would when finished lets you grab the wrench at the back but this doesn't stop and he doesn't finish the sentence.

hi
i think i found a bug (or mabe its a feature :) )
Its about Sulic equipment, In original game he used submachine guns but now he can use a rifle or even small energy weapon.
I checked only on Pancor Jackhammer, H&K CAWS and Solar Scorcher.
the 2 first mabe is feature (they are small weapons) but solar?
Can U explain this @Killap?

And how many Enclave soliders will go to the Gecko area when talk with computer?? I have 7 and all solider have 2 PPK12 Gauss Pistol isn't to many of them (i travel with Sulic, Marcus and Cassidy)

Really? ;) I doubt about this - maybe this was true when F2 was published, but not now. Computational power is much bigger than it was - as I understand problem is saving mechanism - temporary data (script values and whatever) of battle isn't saved and couldn't be loaded back

Morticia said:
Never try to save during combat!

... The engine cannot cope with the math of the possibilities unless it is doing nothing else at the time.

how the hell do i go inside the buildings in EPA? where do i get the keycard?

edit: ok nevermind i found a way in

I found a (minor) bug (probably). I'm not sure if it has been reported, but here it is. When I came to Modoc I spoke to jo and he gave me the farm investigation quest. I then went to that butcher guy who gives you the brahmin guarding quest. When that quest started and I started fighting the wolves I realised that Bess was with me. I never healed her before that. I then loaded the previous save which was just before I talked to the butcher and went to find Bess and she wasn't on the map where she's supposed to be. So I continued the game from there, took the quest and there she was on the pasture with other brahmins, joining me in the fight. After killing the wolves she keeps following me around the town like she's supposed to when you heal her leg.
I'm using RP 1.2 and Combat overhaul mod 2.0

I get an error saying my version of Fallout is incompatiable with the version of sfall. I used the automated installer.

Question to killap

@killap

Hello,

I was off for a longer time. I had many problems with the restoration pack 1.1.

For example I wasn't able to get the supertoolkit from skeeter and I was not able to get the carpart out of the reactor in gecko (I don't remember the name but you have to give some kind of paper to the mechanic in the reactor to get the car part for skeeter). But it never worked, also I tried everything. A last problem I had, was, that my computer locked up when I finished vault 13 and I tried to leave it in order to go back to the ncr. None of the two exits there worked.

So are these problems fixed in version 1.2?

thx for answering

Nehallyn said:
I get an error saying my version of Fallout is incompatiable with the version of sfall. I used the automated installer.
What OS are you running? Can you post a screenshot?

Fasciana said:
For example I wasn't able to get the supertoolkit from skeeter
I am not sure why you couldn't get it to work. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with this quest.

Fasciana said:
and I was not able to get the carpart out of the reactor in gecko (I don't remember the name but you have to give some kind of paper to the mechanic in the reactor to get the car part for skeeter). But it never worked, also I tried everything.
I believe you are talking about the 3-step plasma transformer. You can only get this quest if you are carrying a weapon Skeeter can upgrade.

Please refer to Per's guide for quest related problems.

Fasciana said:
A last problem I had, was, that my computer locked up when I finished vault 13 and I tried to leave it in order to go back to the ncr. None of the two exits there worked.
I am not sure what could have caused this problem.

There is no harm in trying RP 1.2. It includes many bug fixes and this is a good thing.

@killap so what about Sulik equip? Bug or future??

I found real game bug, when my character have 2 power armour and talk about Hardened when i give one is a option to give second but when i back/wait 24h a scientist give me only one Hardened Power Armor.
One disappear.

First thanks for your reply!

Killap said:
I believe you are talking about the 3-step plasma transformer. You can only get this quest if you are carrying a weapon Skeeter can upgrade.

Yes you are right with the 3-Step plasma regulator. The problem is that I get the quest from skeeter (it is stated in the pipboy) and I also had the needed part requestion sheet (which can be found in harry's office). After that I went in to the reactor straight to the mechanic. But while talking with him I can't get the dialoge point, to get the part.

to the vault 13 probleme. I started a few times a new games with many diffrent charckters and the bug appeared always (the same with the 3-step plasma regulator).

Now starting playing again I found a new bug (I reinstallt windows, reinstalled fallout 2, used the restauration pack 1.022 and also update the files with the newer ones from your homepage - I think there were 6 single files). In Klamath, Whiskey Bob asks me to refill his destillator. I went staright off, but the wood in the still and I gained 100 eps "for refilling bobs destillator". Back at Whiskey Bob I talked to him but he don't want to give me my reward. And the pipboy displays it as an open quest. What's wrong?
--> edit I started a few times a new game with several diffrent charckter but always the sam.

When I tell about the botany information to brother Paul in the Abbey the other dialogue option is "Error" when he tells me to upload it to the computer.

EDIT: Ok, this is strange. I'm in Navarro and whenever I try to speak to Raul the game just crashes. I can't see what the error message is; just that it says "Application error" and the screen goes black (so it's the usual one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back