Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Wamphyri:
Did the 'chicken' get out? It usually kills everyone if you let it loose and leave the map.

@ Killap:
The Westin counteroffers work properly with the unofficial patch. Didn't ask Bishop about price or anything about Westin. Perhaps something didn't get copied into the restoration as well?

Kanhef said:
The Westin counteroffers work properly with the unofficial patch. Didn't ask Bishop about price or anything about Westin. Perhaps something didn't get copied into the restoration as well?
Well, from what I looked at it seems that if you are very nice to Bishop during the quest information and don't ask about money it will automatically assign $500 as the reward. It checks if no offer was made (which makes sense since when you first ask about the quest the reward is set to 0 so some reward should be given) The problem is the check to see if you didn't ask for money yet checks if the reward is -1 and not 0 (0 is what it defaults to when you first ask). Thus, if you never ask about money the reward is not defaulted to 500 and remains at 0 (since 0 doesn't equal -1)

This is what I gathered from a quick look through the script. It is late but I will look at this in detail later.

thats where our glitch could be... i was feeling kinda rushy and went into hand to dog combat and took the guard dogs out then i blew the door while in combat mode and yet still in combat mode i killed the deathclaw with a palm strike ...

could it be that there is a switch that got turned on ?

by the way i know thats gameplay related but i couldnt get the answer ... is there a way of adjusting the sattelite after i wiped out the enclave base?

ok computer works now i dont know why but i could swear the computer didn't work last time ^^

I installed this project after been playing 1.1

Now the odd thing is that my teammembers are become pussys

When I attack, or get attacked (even by plain scorpions) they run away.

:?

@ Killap

Thank you very much, this is fabulous project you have here, I have neglected some of my duties thanks to this and in all truth, I`m just happy about that.

A few things, first of all when I first installed fo2 and rp1.2 into it, Midway throught the opening movies all the colors got scrambled into this weird... something, like EGA colors or something. On menus and in-game only some colors were scrambled (white at least, I`m uncertain if there were some other colors scrambled as well). This happened only once (right after I installed, I used installer and installed everything except "goris quick de-robing") and I have not been able to duplicate the bug.

In Vault 13 (when going through guardian of forever portal to break the water chip) on the west side of map, you can run on the walls when coming from the lift and while still on the lift corridor click on the door on the farthest left.

In Modok(? the town next to ghost farm) after completing ghost farm quest in the General Store (?) where you originally get the ghost farm quest you can take everything that the store sells from the shelves. This was quite weird.

I hope these help in your quest to make Fallout 2 even bigger than it already was.

Has anyone looked into the possible issue with the new appearance mod and the nonrandom (is that a word) party member leveling mods clashing, or has it been disproven perhaps?

Question: are you suppose to download the Unofficial Fallout 2 version and then install the Restoration Project over it? I did read the Restoration Project readme, which said that the RP contains the unofficial patch, but I'm just want to double check to be on the safe side =)

zenitfan4life said:
Question: are you suppose to download the Unofficial Fallout 2 version and then install the Restoration Project over it?

Simply install the vanilla version without any patches, then install the Restoration Pack directly on top of that.

@Killap:
I'm currently running 'round the oil rig and causing a real headache for the Enclave, and I noticed that the village elder somehow escaped from the cell she was in while I was battling the turrets in the prison corridor. Some sort of blocker missing somewhere in there?

Edit: I also seem to be the victim of that issue with NPCs de-leveling. I have the included "random NPC leveling fix" and "party member appearance mod" installed, in case that is of any importance.

Also, is there any advantage of manually installing the RP over the installation using the Windows Installer? Or it's just the matter of altering stuff like the speed on world map or number of encounters?

zenitfan4life said:
Also, is there any advantage of manually installing the RP over the installation using the Windows Installer? Or it's just the matter of altering stuff like the speed on world map or number of encounters?
No advantage - just there for those who like to do things manually. If you don't use the installer, you do miss out on several fun extras. World map speeds and other such settings can be altered after installation - doesn't matter how you installed things initially.

Travesty said:
A few things, first of all when I first installed fo2 and rp1.2 into it, Midway thought the opening movies all the colors got scrambled into this weird... something, like EGA colors or something. On menus and in-game only some colors were scrambled (white at least, I`m uncertain if there were some other colors scrambled as well). This happened only once (right after I installed, I used...
That happens to me in F1 quite lot, it's because the Graffic card has failure to understand the old color settings. If the problem insists a repair, you can try to set the GPU control's to preference to Performance(instead of Quality). This has the effect that the colors don't get switched worse. :? It works at least on my (@8500)nVidia's control panel, so...
Start->Control Panel->NVIDIA Control Panel->3D settings->Adjust image settings with preview--... :oops:
It's the color settings, probably, well they go away if you turn the colors to 16 bit. So again...
Start->Control panel->Personalization->Display Settings->Colors:-> 16bit

Nyt jonkun täytyis vaan kertoa kuka h...t idiootti tän keksi? :lol:

Gert said:
I installed this project after been playing 1.1

Now the odd thing is that my teammembers are become pussys

When I attack, or get attacked (even by plain scorpions) they run away.
Are they crippled?

@Kanhef & Magnus
So, I took another look at Bishop's script and it seems the problem occurs only when you are trying to leave the upstairs after banging his wife or daughter or when you are accused of wiping out the Raiders. I take it one of these was the case for you Magnus?

I just finished my first game of RP1.2, but I can't really view the ending slides. Pretty much all of them (except the ones about the elder) end prematurely, sometimes after less than a second and sometimes after 70-80% of the monologue. Some slides I only hear what sounds like a soft 'click' sound once, and then they change to the next. It's really odd and annoying. Does anyone have a solution?

I'm running WinXP SP2 on a dual-core Opteron 165 (1.8 GHz), 2GB RAM, Radeon X1650, Soundblaster Live!.
I've tried altering directx sound acceleration, the single core-fix in sfall, running without the hi res-patch, all to no avail :?
Could the movies have been corrupted or incorrectly copied from the CD?

Other than that, RP1.2 was a very pleasant experience. Great job, Killap (and others who helped) :D

Bofast said:
I just finished my first game of RP1.2, but I can't really view the ending slides. Pretty much all of them (except the ones about the elder) end prematurely, sometimes after less than a second and sometimes after 70-80% of the monologue. Some slides I only hear what sounds like a soft 'click' sound once, and then they change to the next. It's really odd and annoying. Does anyone have a solution?

Start > Run
Type in DXDIAG and then switch to the Sound tab.
In the middle of that window is a slider that you can use to adjust your sound acceleration. Set it to 'None'.

Jaesun said:
Start > Run
Type in DXDIAG and then switch to the Sound tab.
In the middle of that window is a slider that you can use to adjust your sound acceleration. Set it to 'None'.

Thanks, Jaesun! I had tried lowering sound acceleration, but not all the way down to 'none'. Now I could finally see it all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back