Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Cookie is bugged to permanently give you an extra Action Point under certain conditions. I don't have a save state since I didn't notice until after my character had 14 Action points, but I've rested and tried a couple other things, but my AP is now permanently 14.

I think what happened was that, when I decided Navarro was an eyesore, I used 2 Jet 2 Cookies 2 Psycho etc. (Agility was already 10) and then slaughtered everyone. I waited some undetermined length of time, and cured my Jet Addiction. After that, I had 14 AP instead of 12 (10 base + 2 Action Boy)

Vault city :
Having the geiger counter from Vault city, Vault floor three, on the table while bartering in all the three amenities shops results in "your offer is not good enough". This also happens when you overpay. It immediately functions if you take the geiger counter off the table.

Bug found!

The sheriff in NCR will hate you for SAVING officer carl from blowing himself.

"After what you did to poor carl!?"

>.>

@ Jet and Cookies,
I don't think there's anything wrong with the cookies. It's probably the old "Jet antidote bug" you are experiencing.

@ Goettschwan
You can't sell a geiger counter that has been used or a few select items that are "turned on". Read about it here.

@ Chancellor Kremlin,
The Cat's Paw issues are known and have already been fixed for RP 2.1.

@ lucas.
The sheriff does not say "After what you did to poor carl!?"
He says...
{124}{}{You're joking right? After what you did with Jack? I suppose you could find some steady work.}
I agree it looks a bit odd, but he is not pissed with you at all, quite the opposite. Look, if he hates you he won't recommend any work for you.

@ Darek : Thanks mighty, wouldn't have found that. I actually used it once to try.

Vault City, Find the Raider Base mission :
I found the raider base by following, text saying something like "you find a hole in the cliff". But instead I get on a map with some buildings, no exit to the other map visible. So I go out to the worldmap, and as I click on going in again i have the "city map" choice of cliff or well. How did I find out about the cliff map, and is this a bug?

Raider Base with buildings map:
Behind the counter of "Bobs Market" and between the stones north on this map lie two dead bodies. Both have a context of "a pile of bones". I would rather expect "you see a dead salesman" and then the usual "looting" inventory?

Raider Base, Scorpions Lair map:
In the south part of the map are one knife and one flare hidden under the scenery and only visible to sfall-leftshift. You cannot pick them up.

Darek said:
@ lucas.
The sheriff does not say "After what you did to poor carl!?"
He says...
{124}{}{You're joking right? After what you did with Jack? I suppose you could find some steady work.}
I agree it looks a bit odd, but he is not pissed with you at all, quite the opposite. Look, if he hates you he won't recommend any work for you.

Indeed. Should the wording be tweaked?

Sicblades said:
So, um, is it the end of May yet? :(

Nope, still have 10 1/2 months to go. :P

I sufferin' Fallout withdraw too, almost enough to fire F3 back up (with mods), but.. fighting.. the.. urge.. (for now).

RL has to take precedence over free modding. It the code.

I'm waiting on another set of map fixes as well as making sure the smoke has cleared with any sfall issues. Things are also getting quite busy in RL, but that shouldn't be a problem for 2.1, as I personally don't have much more to add to it. I would say end of the week, but I feel like I've said that before. :P Just know that the release is imminent.

my question about combat perks: Bonus HtH Damage only adds to maximum damage, and is it unlike Living Anatomy ? Living Anatomy adds per attack if not any change is made i think.

Hellburn said:
What about other language support? Will it be available with 2.2 ?
Yes, multilingual support will return in 2.2. This will include Polish, French, German, and maybe Russian. I have no idea when 2.2 will be released though.

Accidentally my computer now runs Jollicloud (Ubuntu based linux), but i really want to play your mod here, with high resolution and stuff...

so any instructions?

Thanks again to killap for this incredible work on r.p, I can't wait to put the fingers on 2.1 !!!
Will the shift key (or other) highlight ground items ?
Grüt

Could not load DirectX

Hello,

I have a problem with running of RP 2.0.
I have Win XP and vanilla version 1.0 US Fallout 2. I've tried to install either windows installer and manual install of RP, but it does not work. In both cases it shows me error "Could not load DirectX" after launching the game. I haven't installed any other patch or mod to 1.0 version before RP 2.0. Reinstalation of Fallout and RP 2.0 does not work. I've also tried to install newest DirectX. Can anybody help me with this problem, please? Thanks.

Re: Could not load DirectX

FEI said:
In both cases it shows me error "Could not load DirectX" after launching the game.
I'm running WinXP too, RP works without any problem for me.

- download and install latest "DirectX redist", where are all necessary DX9 files included
- eventually open "ddraw.ini" file in your Fallout2 directory, find [Graphics] section and set Mode=0 here. (it's 8bit fullscreen)

Did you update sfall? If so, don't do it - use one, which is included in the RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back