Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I drop my deepest thanks to this restoration project Its a superb read (changelog/improvements) and pretty much has all a player can ask for or hope for so its top notch and a must have.

A question though it might be only slightly related to the restoration project since its about the "Fallout_High_Resolution_Patch" but since it is included with some features if i understood correctly you might clear things up for me please.

The Fallout 1 version of the High_Resolution_Patch had an option in f1_res.ini that was quite usefull for me.
Code:
; set to 1 to reduce CPU usage and heat generation by allowing the system to go idle. 
CPU_USAGE_FIX=1

The one for Fallout 2 doesn't have this option so could i use the Fallout 1_High_Resolution_Patch and install it over the Restoration Project? Or is that non compatible as I think it will be and break the game or doesn't even make it start?

Is there a way this CPU_USAGE_FIX=1 can be deployed to the High_Resolution_Patch in Fallout 2, since simply adding the line in the .ini file doesn't do anything which doesn't surprise me.

Mutated_Mark said:
Is there a way this CPU_USAGE_FIX=1 can be deployed to the High_Resolution_Patch in Fallout 2, since simply adding the line in the .ini file doesn't do anything which doesn't surprise me.
Because there's no "formal" sfall for FO1, Mash added the CPU usage fix in his hi-res patch.

For FO2 there's a similar option in sfall's ddraw.ini:
Code:
;Set a number of milliseconds to idle each input loop
;Set to -1 to disable
;Set to 0 to idle only if other processes are waiting for processor time
;Set to 1 (or some higher number if needed) to prevent 100% cpu use
ProcessorIdle=-1

Just wanted to give an update to everyone.

The beta is going great and the polishing continues.

Know that if you always cringed at the Abbey entrance map screen or grumbled that the Primitive Tribe used the Arroyo map entrance picture, that these have been addressed. Both have new pictures for them. Many things like this happening for the release. I'm quite pleased and I think this release is really turning out to be what I had imagined the RP would be like when I first started years ago.

Soon you too will be able to enjoy it.

Happy New Year everyone! :drunk:

Thanks again Killap! I joined to thank you for the RP a long time ago, and never ended up playing again in order to wait for this latest release. Congrats on finally getting close to wrapping it up!

killap said:
I'm quite pleased and I think this release is really turning out to be what I had imagined the RP would be like when I first started years ago.

Anyone who's only played a version of the RP prior to 2.0 should really check it out again. The RP has improved dramatically in just about every aspect since those early releases. And with this upcoming release, it'd be a perfect time to revisit it.

Happy new Year everybody and can't hardly wait for the new release, thanks big time killap and all who helped making this possible.

Ha, praising of the bear dude, I can't miss that! May the Holy Atom will bless your hairy arse, killap.

This is it, the time has come to register here. I'm an old fart and a long time reader of NMA site and forums but never really wanted to register. I did it because I want to thank all the great people from NMA for their 'work' - wonderful mods for my favorite games and for gathering interesting info on many topics. You are great! Very special thanks goes to Killap for his humongous work on the RP. I was waiting over 2 years to register here by the premiere of the new RP version but I'm so excited and sure that it will rock, as always, that I decided to do it today because you all should start this new year knowing how awesome you are :)

Happy New Year!

Prosatanos said:
What recent flood of grateful people .

And more will surely follow thanks to killap and others amazing work. I am also one of the silent lurkers visiting this site every now and then to see what is happening with the restoration project.

I`ve been playing Fallout games since the first one was published and in a way they are a part of my (gaming) life. Very few games are as good.

It has been very interesting to follow the RP and how it has been growing towards its grande finale.

Many, many thanks to killap and the awesome community at NMM.

Re: :)

bruce said:
Hey Killap :) could you give us a list of the changes it would be great :D
I'll be posting such a list once it's officially released.

@everyone
Private beta testing ends tomorrow (Friday). After I get through the reports, I'll start a public beta test here at NMA. It'll just be for those who visit the forums here. No news posts about it and I'll ask that no mirrors be made. This will last about a week. Assuming nothing major crops up, I'll then officially release it and give my little finale spiel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back