Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skynet said:
killap said:
Dux said:
Killap, sorry if this has already been resolved, but I remember that you and Timeslip were trying to fix a bug (from vanilla fallout I think) with improper NPC leveling, what's up with that? 8-)
I'm not sure what that was. You means stats were being lost or were incorrect? There was something where if you had the base proto file in the directory and not part of the master.dat things would go wonky. That's been fixed but should have been fixed in the version out right now.

I don't know, I'm starting to forget Fallout related stuff recently.

I remember there being a vanilla bug with npc leveling that prevented them from getting their final level up.

Thanks alot! I'm a complete newb when it comes to modding; what do you do after downloading the file? Is it done simply by clicking the ProcessDat2 file? Or is it simple drag and drop?

Sduibek said:
killap said:
Always make sure that you have enough local/map/global variables defined
As far as you know, does this take more memory? Like if I set all the rows in scripts.lst to "# local_vars=1000" or something would it use a bunch more RAM? (Not that I actually would do that, just asking)
Sure it would take more memory, but it would hardly be noticeable. I always make sure my scripts have 5-10 more variables defined than I end up using, in the event I add more to the script later and forget to update the .lst file. Plus increasing the value later on won't invalidate save games BUT I've personally seen issues where previous local vars for other scripts become overwritten by increasing the number of allotted variables for another script. It didn't make any sense but it did happen.

@planeflyingpig
I'm not sure what you're asking. All you have to do is download my mod, double click the installer and it takes care of the rest for you.

killap said:
Sduibek said:
killap said:
Always make sure that you have enough local/map/global variables defined
As far as you know, does this take more memory? Like if I set all the rows in scripts.lst to "# local_vars=1000" or something would it use a bunch more RAM? (Not that I actually would do that, just asking)
Sure it would take more memory, but it would hardly be noticeable. I always make sure my scripts have 5-10 more variables defined than I end up using, in the event I add more to the script later and forget to update the .lst file. Plus increasing the value later on won't invalidate save games BUT I've personally seen issues where previous local vars for other scripts become overwritten by increasing the number of allotted variables for another script. It didn't make any sense but it did happen.

@planeflyingpig
I'm not sure what you're asking. All you have to do is download my mod, double click the installer and it takes care of the rest for you.

oof, i meant to quote NiceOne's post with the miria link! Ha silly me, sorry my eyes are playing new years trick on me.

@planeflyingpig
Ah, no worries.

@everyone
The public beta of RP 2.2 begins! Go here to read about it. No news posts about it nor mirrors of the file. This is strictly a NMA forum public beta test. This is not the final version of RP 2.2.

Hi all,

I have a bug when I enter in "The Den" area :

Any idea ?
I have the "F2_Restoration_Project_2.1.2b".

Thanks in advance for your help, I need to play Fallout 2, best game ever :clap:

@vad: Thx for the reply. Unfortunately i have no fallout2.cfg in my directory or in any subdirectory of fallout2

Perks said:
@vad: Thx for the reply. Unfortunately i have no fallout2.cfg in my directory or in any subdirectory of fallout2
If your system is Vista/Win7 and you installed FO2 in C:\Program Files, check your C:\Users\(your account name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore. There should be another "Program Files" folder.

And if yes, you shouldn't install FO2 in C:\Program Files, it'll cause some unwanted issues for RP.

@NovaRain: Oh maybe I should have provided that information. I'm running win 7 but I haven't installed Fallout2 to the default location. So there is no folder for falllout2 in the virtual store folder. Any other suggestions?

This is strange, fallout2.cfg should be automatically created when you start the game, if it is missing.

1) Try to update DirectX 9.
2) Try to set graphics mode = 5 in ddraw.ini

I heard about the problems with video cards in laptops. Do you use a laptop?

vad said:
This is strange, fallout2.cfg should be automatically created when you start the game, if it is missing.

1) Try to update DirectX 9.
2) Try to set graphics mode = 5 in ddraw.ini

I heard about the problems with video cards in laptops. Do you use a laptop?

Thats interesting. I switched to mode=5 and it was prompted that im running in compatibility mode (don't know why, i never changed anything there), so unticked run in 256 colormode (everything else was already unticked). Now i get at least a black screen (before, fallout whould send me straight back to desktop). But nothing happens after that, just a black screen.

I'm running a desktop pc with a radeon 6770. With regards to installing directX 9: shouldn't that already be included in win 7? since the OS comes with directX 11. Also I have no trouble running Fallout 1, are there so many differences between the two games?

Thanks for your help btw

I suspect that the latest version of DirectX SDK was used to compile sfall (ddraw.dll). I don't know does win 7 comes with that.

Problem "error loading cities" can be solved using the "City Limit Patch", but deleting ddraw.dll is a bad solution. sfall adds some script functions for modders to use, but I don't know how it is critical.

The last way to solve problems in Fallout, which I know, is changing hardware acceleration (try all values ​​from None to Full)

If nothing helps try Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 - OPEN BETA
Now using sfall 2.20 and High Res patch 4.0.2. Hopefully this will fix any odd crashes/issues that were unexplained before

vad said:
I suspect that the latest version of DirectX SDK was used to compile sfall (ddraw.dll). I don't know does win 7 comes with that.

It doesn't - Windows 7 do comes with DX11 but DX9 libriaries are surely outdated if you haven't updated them by yourself. Do it :-)

snakefox666 said:
I have a bug when I enter in "The Den" area
Does this always happen when you enter the Den? Have you been there before? What happens if you load an earlier save?

I also noticed your game is not in English. How was this done? The RP has mostly been translated (In Polish, German and French) but I stopped including them since they haven't been updated for the last few versions. That's something that does need to get done...

Thank you guys here and especially killap very much. I have just complete play through Fallout NV, restart Fallout 2 again (maybe the 6 times). Cant express how happy i am to see your new work.

Also, I reached EPA in 2.1.2b, notice an expoit in recruiting NPC so you can get all 3 by unthaw 2 NPC without ERSI and not approach them, then unthaw the last one with ERSI (drop and pick up help). Truthfully, i do like this bug a lot. Will test this on 2.2.

xenome said:
Also, I reached EPA in 2.1.2b, notice an expoit in recruiting NPC so you can get all 3 by unthaw 2 NPC without ERSI and not approach them, then unthaw the last one with ERSI (drop and pick up help). Truthfully, i do like this bug a lot. Will test this on 2.2.
Yeah, that should be fixed in the 2.2 public beta. You can unthaw them all but only one will survive since there is only one ERSI canister. Do verify though. :)

killap said:
I also noticed your game is not in English. How was this done? The RP has mostly been translated (In Polish, German and French) but I stopped including them since they haven't been updated for the last few versions. That's something that does need to get done...

Hi, Killap

Speaking about international versions of RP, I do have a russian version of 2.1.2b availlable, it needs to be updated to 2.2 though.
I got the German and French 2.1.2b RPs too.
Guy's screenshot shows French translation, BTW.

Good job on polishing the mod.

killap said:
xenome said:
Yeah, that should be fixed in the 2.2 public beta. You can unthaw them all but only one will survive since there is only one ERSI canister. Do verify though. :)
I confirm - the bug no longer exists. No matter in what order you approch extracted three, only the one on that ERSI was used survives (I checked cause I also enjoyed that bug a lot).

If you really need to extract all three - clone ERSI cannister and the machinery will operate correctly for each subject.
My remarks:
- this should be left as is, no "legal" way to extract successfully more than 1, easy for cheaters to extract all 3 however, which is good - no need to fiddle with variables
- killing the psychotic killer should give player +10 or more karma imho (what a pest); there should be some way to provoke him to leave team and attack after he joined the Chosen one - I told him to wait and while I was executing him, he was still in my team (green contour in fight mode)
- warning - Kitsune does not join player having less than 6 charisma, she just disappears, so no way to get her joined after you boost CH later

As request - you could use Tandi's talking head from F1 to replace void for Kitsune - a still should do. A still photo of any asian chick would do anyway. Same for Cat Jules and psycho (but note: I do not mean asian chick potos for them).

In the walkthrough it should be stated that character design for RP is now different than in original F2 - you no longer need to start with AG=9, since there are 2 points that can be gained ingame (perk and syringe at EPA).

ziemeck said:
- warning - Kitsune does not join player having less than 6 charisma, she just disappears, so no way to get her joined after you boost CH later
"Need charisma of at least 5, or CH 2 or more + speech higher than 80 % for her to join you." This is still true, I promise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back